Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080ti FTW3
    I don't usually take issue with comments, but honestly this is pretty harsh. To imply that kids only play PC games and that after you grow up you use a console exclusively shows a real bias that I can't even address. Can you explain to me in some empirical way how you came up with this premise? The true irony of your quote is that you sound like a bitter arrogant child.

2. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I've tried over and over to play Battlefield/COD games with a controller and I just can't catch on....Grrrr

But I can drive a car and h-brake around corner very well with a controller...I'm actually pretty good....wanna race...:D

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    That was the point of my post. I was commenting on the suggestion that only children use consoles, which is an arrogant one sided view.

It wasn't completely pulled out of thin air though, as with my personal experience and with actual and online friends it went like this. As small children it was all consoles, then as teenagers it was PC's with some console gaming, while into my 20's it's a 50/50 mixture, and into the 30's it was mostly consoles.

Gaming snobbiness should be crapped on immediately.
    Those games are 100% shooters though, the only way you will get used to a controller on those if you never used a mouse in your life.

Third person games, not quite as simple unless the full game revolves around aiming and shooting stuff.

airbud7 likes this.
  4. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080ti FTW3
    I guess I am not really following your post. If I misunderstood I'm sorry. Most of what you are saying is anecdotal though and I know quite a few folks that still PC game. I have no idea what the percentages are in reality though so I won't make assumptions. As for me I have consoles and pc's.

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    This might make even less sense as it's a local phrase, but my point was that i do not like the "toys out the pram" mentality that many modern PC gamers have.

As you said, it's anecdotal and my point was that to make assumptions about either group is wrong.

6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i have no problem playing 3rd person and driving games with controller, but shooters, has to be done with kb+m nothing comes close to that

7. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Came here to see what’s up with RDR 2, stumbled (yet again) upon some bickering about PC vs consoles. Thumbs up!

8. Hulk12

Hulk12 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090 :D
    New games always both Xbox One series and PC have been/will be released since 2017 in Microsoft Store but Windows 10 for PC is required. Therefore, RD2 for PC should be announced. :D

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    According to information received by Trusted Reviews, the game’s protagonist seen in the trailer is Arthur Morgan, and the other big character is Dutch Van Der Linde, the leader of the gang.

The single-player will offer complete freedom in exploring the open world, which includes Armadillo and Ridgewood. Cities will be buzzing with NPCs, and there’s going to be a Slums Market where equipment is sold at reduced prices. You’ll be able to use trains to travel from certain parts of the map, and the trains themselves will act as mini-cities with unique characters and dialogue.

Other vehicles in the game include horse-drawn carriages, minecarts, and handcarts with each coming in different variants that favour speed over armour or vice versa.

Some of the side activities include playing poker, horsemanship challenges that increase your rider rank, and a deep fishing system with different baits and fish types. Red Dead Redemption 2 will feature a crafting system where you can use plants and other herbs to create various concoctions.

First-person mode, first introduced with GTA 5’s release on PS4, and Xbox One, will make a return in Red Dead Redemption 2. You’ll be able to use it in single-player, and multiplayer, and Eagle Eye is also said to be returning. Other similarities to GTA 5 include a version of the game’s Strangers and Freaks missions, which consist of random events that’ll lead you down bizarre quests.

The story will branch out in different ways depending on your actions and the characters you interact with, and this will also affect the dialogue and even mission objectives. One interesting mechanic mentioned is the ability to extract information from wounded enemies in exchange for sparing their life.

[​IMG]
    Red Dead Redemption 2 Online

The rumour also has a decent chunk of information about the online mode in Red Dead Redemption 2. Like GTA Online, the same open-world will be available to explore in multiplayer, but the details mention a deeper more reactive world.

The example given is that NPCs will decorate storefronts in the morning and pack everything up in the evening. Player apartments will return in the form of tents which can be bought and upgraded. Like GTA Online, completing various tasks will earn you XP, and many of the shops and NPCs in the world will offer missions/equipment.

The playlist format is returning, and the memo mentions three game modes in Battle Royale, Revive and Survive, and Money Grab. It only details the latter two, and the site is not sure how this iteration of Battle Royale is going to work within the Red Dead sandbox.

Revive and Survive is a deathmatch where two teams go against one another. You can revive fallen teammates but you only have a limited window to do so. Money Grab tasks players with securing bags of cash and returning them to base as quickly as possible.

Finally, the memo says that Red Dead Redemption 2 will launch alongside a companion app that includes “social elements” and a poker minigame.

The site says it received the information in August last year, but couldn’t corroborate the details until now. Still, this is based on screenshots of the main heroes from different angles, and may not necessarily mean the rest of the details are accurate.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is out October 26 on PS4, and Xbox One.

Source: https://www.vg247.com/2018/02/06/bi...s-battle-royale-mode-multiplayer-much-rumour/

10. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

And a new trailer showed up today! Kreygasm!

11. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Official trailer:

12. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Threads merged.

13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Better come to PC.

Shataan likes this.
  14. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    I hope so too, but I wouldn't expect it before late 2019. :-/

This and TLOU2 might make me buy a PS4.

cerebus23 likes this.
  15. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I refuse to make a MS ever again.

If it's Windows Store only i will wait for the CODEX Edition.

16. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Very disappointed it's so late in the history of the old west, would have preferred not long after the civil war, was a much more interesting time for me.

17. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    IGN played the game and talks about the gameplay. Lots of infos! :D

18. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I feel.... like... I should be super excited for this.
    But I'm not.

I find I'm just kind of... "eh" about it.
    RDR was good, but I never got the "SO AMAZING!!" vibe from it so many other people got. And while this newest trailer visually looks incredible, I just don't care if I ever play it.

Shataan likes this.
  19. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    After watching Rcokstar Nickel and Dime GTAO to death their is nothing, I mean nothing that they can do with ANY of their games that will get me to buy from them again. Should be interesting to see what Microtransaction BS they can jam in to this game. I mean if GTAO can have a flying Back to the Future Delreon that shoots missiles or a flying Rocket Bike I am guessing that RDR2 will have robot horses, rocket stetsons, fifty different types of six shooter pistol and no doubt some way to buy a steam train that you can mod.

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    I am sure they will have coyote cards, but just do what i do ignore the mp except when you got mods that require you login to get those assets for a mod. Not like the pc mp is not a mess wo the hackers and exploiters anyway.