[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 RS4 - Build 17134 RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Good job Microsoft Nadella's crap.

I am unable to share folders, file and hard-drives through my home network anymore. Note that I am NOT talking about HomeGroup, but the "advanced" file explorer method. Any folder, files or hard-driver that should be shared do not appear in any network map, in both host and clients.

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I saved a screenshot of AC:O's benchmark. Please keep in mind there are variations between two run environments - I had additional security software and libreoffice running and also the 391 driver in RS1 (green). RS4 is the white line with the 397 driver.

[​IMG]

Extraordinary likes this.
  3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Some guys had the same problem, one solved in his case ... try it. https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/o...4-build-17134-rtm.420202/page-19#post-5540632

4. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    hmmm dude at least or my when related to Windows OS I'm stoped with "variants of Windows 8.1(now Windows 10WAAS) because M$FT lost your focus for Desktop Windows as OS fo me is only waste of time and a lot of crap wares

5. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Unfortunately it doesn't solve anything. Every-time I made change the share settings on a file or on a folder the host quickly appear in the netwrok page, but then it disappear when you refresh or open a new window. All client are unable to see each other, except for the WMP DLNA server, which seems to works fine.

lucidus likes this.
  6. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    This new Twitter PWA is just atrocious. Well, UWP had a good run, I guess.

7. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    ???o_O Why would the language effect it? I use in windows in Japanese and have no such issues. Only problem I had was the new 397 drivers gave me lower performance but I don't think my localization had anything to do with it.
    Also define "normal English" :p

8. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Might be too early too tell, but if anyone has done some tests... are there any advantages in switching out from Windows 10 LTSB to the latest Windows 10 Pro (I've still got my key). Asking primarily in the performance department. Have there been any improvements? I switched out after the first Creators Update was released and went to LTSB.

9. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Sorry to hear it didn't work for you, but my network shares are working fine to this day after disabling IPv6. Maybe updating to this build changed some of your network and sharing center advanced settings? Have you tried manually typing in the networked computer name? Maybe your "Function discovery" services aren't running?

None of those things (other than disabling IPv6) helped fix my network issues with this update, but it might be worth trying.

10. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Well, Start menu is gone after PC was on for the night, doesn't open again. It's 1709 all over again, boyz! Buh did you see this thing called timeline???... FFS, MS

And why the hell is there a vertical scroll bar in Start menu unless I leave a huge empty space below all tiles and the task bar? It's like they aren't even trying.

lucidus likes this.

11. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    anyone else having difficulty installing 3dmark on 17134.5? It just gets stuck at 0% installing DLC:Chopsbroke.

Edit: Nevermind, I got it working after clearing out program data and app data futuremark folders

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  12. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Network discovery is on. All machine are connected on a private network on the same access point with the same workgroup. On my network one machine is still running the version 1709, and it is the only correctly displaying on the network folder. EDIT: I am also unable to install back internet explorer, got wrong bucket event (id 1001) and I cannot find the dism package online (.\Dism.exe /Online /Add-Capability /CapabilityName:Browser.InternetExplorer~~~~0.0.11.0 fails with 0x800f0950).

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  13. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Get the local IP of the machines on your network (ie, //192.168.0.105) and try to access them that way instead of by their computer name.

Also for others who may be having trouble accessing network shares (without passwords), do note that when upgrading to 17134, it resets the password protected sharing from off to on.

lucidus likes this.
  14. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I find it!

The service "FDResPub" (alias for "Function Discovery Resource Publication" in English) must be enabled and set as "automatic". Looks like it has been reset to "manual" now as default settings.
    Shame on you Front-end/GUI Windows team! Shame on your Q&A!

[​IMG]

blurp33, lucidus and -Tj- like this.
  15. blurp33

blurp33 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thanks Alessio1989. That fixed the issue for me too.

16. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Thats odd. Mine is set to manual and have no networking issues. Also IPv6 enabled (others reported issues with that). Must be different adapters, drivers = different results.

17. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It is a bit of a mess, and there does not seem to be a one solution for all, this was reported numerous times in the feedback hub, but Microsoft have never listened to feedback, even though they now say they do. Issues like unable to boot if vt-d is enabled is still an issue never to be addressed, but has been an issue since early RS4 beta builds.

I also had network issues, if I enable the service, the computers will show, but none can be accessed, error about path not found, then if I disable ipv6, then I can access the computers, but occasionally the computers will be shown as being unavailable. Extremely irritating, but Windows 10 has always had some issues with network in File Explorer. All computers use different network cards, all the latest drivers.

18. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's not about drivers or adaptors, I wasn't able to see myself on the local network on version 1803. It's a front-end issue for me. I am not using ipv6 since it has been disabled on router my network router (simply my ISP still doesn't give me an ipv6 address and I did not use to run home grups nor any other software requiring ipv6). Disabling it on adapters didn't change anything.

19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I wasn't able to see my own PC either. I guess I was affected too. I can see my PC in network and access the shared folder through that just fine (with smbv1 disabled) on 1607.

20. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I can see my PC on network on 1803.