[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 RS4 - Build 17134 RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 31, 2018.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    then reinstall the driver? sometimes it can go corrupt by new installs or in general by bad restart.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Still at 17133.73 (waiting for WU non-Insider rollout for update) and just had a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD.

Don't think I've ever seen one before. Has anyone else had them and what could be the cause / fix?

Quick reading seems to point towards possible file system or SATA controller issues?

Was playing Dark Souls 3 while it happened. The system hung for a few seconds before the BSOD as if display driver had crashed but was able to recover. Then BSOD a little bit later.

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Im at 17134.1 now and I found both 17133.1, 17133.73 & 17134.1 are more sensitive to memory and cpu oc, actually its voltage.

Watchdog is imo the most troublesome to solve
    Did you get 0x101?

I found its mostly cpu memory controller/cache voltage issue., and cpu system voltage in-between. Idk by amd, but I saw you mentioned one voltage once that might be similar to vccsa.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    AsiJu likes this.
  4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Use this site to analyze the dmp file http://www.osronline.com/page.cfm?name=analyze

or bluescreen view http://nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

It doesn't hurt to update drivers frequently (if they're available) if you're on the current channel.

boogieman and AsiJu like this.

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yeah SOC voltage, actually I've been running it ever so slightly lower for a while, maybe it's just barely enough / on the verge.

Thanks, I'll check those out too!

-Tj- likes this.
  6. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Maybe you could try updating 17134.1? I recall seeing somewhere recently about how MS said the 17133.x builds were having more BSOD's than normal.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've experienced a bug twice that has *only* happened since upgrading to build 17134.1 but it's a weird one because it doesn't happen straight away but some time after bootup when my PC has been on for some time (and then it doesn't seem to occur every time... my PC has been on over night without restarting since 3pm yesterday but does not currently exhibit this issue).

The issue came to light when I tried to rename a file that I'd downloaded into the Downloads folder, which is located on my H drive, and I found that I was unable to. At first I thought my keyboard (Corsair K70 RGB, by the way) had stopped responding as nothing appeared when I started typing but 10-15 seconds the letter appeared. It was as if there was something causing severe lag or using 100% CPU usage but opening Task Manager revealed nothing unusual (Task Manager always seems to open very briefly at 100% before dropping down to 5% on my system). Certainly there were no processes with unusual high CPU usage and I noticed no usual processes running either. Restarting the PC fixed the issue.

So I figured it might be the Corsair software that had some kind of issue with this build of Windows once the machine had been on a certain amount of time but the Cortana search bar works fine as does typing anything into Google or the search bar on the browser. Whatever this issue is seems to only affect File Explorer and since it has only happened twice it is impossible to identify what might be causing it.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Official Release on Monday.

9. radosuaf

radosuaf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASRock 6800 XT 16GB
    So, April it is :).

10. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    8th of May for wide availability so not really.

11. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I think most of the people on this thread aren't concerned about that know how to get it right away. (it's in the first post)

12. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Source? What time zone?

13. radosuaf

radosuaf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASRock 6800 XT 16GB
  14. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
  15. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    More than likely that the file was locked after you downloaded it by another application, like say Defender or some other AV, and you had to wait for the file to unlock to continue with the rename. If your system has Indexing enabled with deeper file analysis enabled (on by default) it could have been doing that as well.

So if you started the rename while another app also accessed it, this would cause the lag, and is normal behavior. Nothing to concern yourself about.

16. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
  17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I don't think it can be any other build, unless Microsoft intends to throw out the testing for 17134.1 and just release a new compiled though entirely untested (by insiders.) build though it could be that it's the same as 1804 / 17134.1 yet renamed to match the May month instead though this seems like a poor change as technically the build was still built in April though the full release got delayed due to the mess-up with 17133.1 and it's cumulative update.

Guessing there might be a cumulative for 17134.1 instead taking care of any known issues, there's probably on in the works at least but whether that comes out for the end of the month or for patch Tuesday of May I guess we'll see. :)

18. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
  19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Tadaa _:)

https://s17.**********/adj8lqi73/Untitled.png

lol instead of just update I somehow mixed it up and downloaded whole image and installed 17134.1 again xD, when I checked again I saw by language - select update then it will direct to 25MB file,

Link to this base: https://uup.rg-adguard.net/
    https://s17.**********/ukwoebq1r/Screenshot-2018-4-27_UUP_Unified_Update_Platform_Generation_Pr.png
    Rename the file mentioned bellow: Windows10.0-KB4135051-x64.cab

easy context menu to install cab files.. Mine was somehow missing
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/66170-cab-file-add-install-context-menu-windows-10-a.html

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    tensai28 and WhiteLightning like this.
  20. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    ^ So that's legit? I mean will be the same thing Microsoft will release to the public on Monday?