GeForce 397.31 WHQL Game Ready Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Apr 25, 2018.

1. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Permission issues are almost always OS related issues. You see this here all the time people with one off or uncommon issues. With billions of possible configurations there are of course going to be many that have problems that are not listed.

2. Fumz

Fumz Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    Valley score up 500pts over 388. Higher max fps by ~ 30 fps, min fps the same. Vermintide2 runs nice and smooth. No issues so far.

3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    This one is a new branch with lots of new features though, not just a higher number.

4. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    New drivers fixed an issue where going to fullscreen video watching caused 2 pauses in playback. (Been this way for a couple of releases.)

5. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    3DMark results are terrible on my system, worst I ever had.

6. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    Confirmed here. Happens when I go to exit the player while or after playing a video that made the player use the cuda support.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Superposition also.

I tested 4K and usually I get 5940, now 6070. Ok ~ 100points but still never seen it that high, unless I OC'ed gpu/vram further.

Rise Of TombRaider on the other hand lost few fps, 4-5fps on avg, biggest hit was in geothermal valley test. Re-ran a couple of times, and it was always ~ 121-122fps, usually its 126-127.. Until I switched Texture quality to default Quality, then I got my fps back to 126fps..

Hitman Absolution, another cpu api bottleneck, showed no negative fps,. Good min and avg.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  8. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    Downloading the drivers now, but there's one thing I don't understand. If the support for Fermi cards and 32bit is removed, why is the driver file actually bigger than 391.35?

9. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    32-bit didn't make the driver bigger, because that was a separate download. And GPU support .. its probably an ongoing process to remove anything that can be removed from that, and at the same time new stuff still gets added.
    Ultimately, really shouldn't expect size reductions from that at all, but it does help them to have to worry about less hardware (and no 32-bit) in the future, making development easier.

xankazo likes this.
  10. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    That test is really unreliable though.

11. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    May occur? So, it isn't fixed? That may occur isn't comforting.

As the last release they said it was fixed as well and it was still happening. So...

12. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I checked using that app from the beyond3d forum member, and it still showed 6.0. But that app I have is an old version, so maybe I need to get a newer version. You have to be a forum member to download stuff though if I recall.

Anyone got a link to the newest version?

13. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    This "may occur" is just part of the "name" of the bug (titles are usually kept short). So crash should be fixed. Personally, haven't had crashes in months using Firefox Beta.

14. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Are you on Win10 1803?
    I ran that tool last year, it showed SM 6.1 for Kepler already then, but you had to enable the experimental mode

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I found the cause, it was Texture quality, before I always had it set to Quality, now it was at H.Quality.. Switched back to Quality and I got my avg fps back from 121-122 to 126fps.

16. hemla

hemla Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
  17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes 390.77 is on RS3, RS4 took a toll @ DX11 ST and MT, I asked 3dmark and they said, report to Microsoft or Nvidia.

hemla likes this.
  18. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    The driver unpacked is about 1gb or so. Aside from the actual driver.. Geforce experience, HD audio drivers, 3d vision driver, 3d vision controller, Physx account for the bulk of the driver package. The actual driver components + CP after install are probably about 180-200mb roughly. Thats what system restore reports has changed after a driver install (I never install the other components). So if the driver package is bigger with the 32-bit parts removed, just remember the other components in the package which may change or get bigger.

19. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    This is the kind of comment I was looking for thanks.

Dj_ALeX likes this.
  20. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    If you enable HDR in RGB 8 bit mode, it apparently is using dithering.

Go to Advanced Settings (at the bottom of the Windows Settings where you can toggle HDR) and it says 8-bit with Dithering when HDR is enabled, and just 8-bit when HDR is not enabled.
    [​IMG]