Download: MSI Afterburner 4.5.0

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

No, it is not the case and you’re not supposed to do so when upgrading AB/RTSS to newer version. But it can be the case after major OS version upgrade, in case if RTSS injection cache gets damaged.

2. jazh23

jazh23 Guest

GPU:
    Asus 660 ti 2GB
    Thanks, I can't play any game without MSI Afterburner and RTSS...

3. Unwinder

Attached video is demonstrating specific process memory usage monitoring in details, step by step. The same approach can be used for other process specific counters like CPU usage, handle count etc.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The added option to delete the cache should be fine I'm assuming. After upgrading to a new Windows 10 build RTSS tends to pop up a warning prompt (EDIT: First time it's run that is.) about the hook not initializing properly and a compare of the config file at this point will generally have the cache addresses as 000000 I believe, restarting the software usually corrects it and if not a reboot will but now with the option to delete and rebuild the cache since a few versions back that too should work.

EDIT: This thread moves fast. :)
    (EDIT: And some cumulative update changing the DirectX files will usually see the address modified but I've never gotten a warning prompt from RTSS and it just handles it, cleaning the cache after major updates couldn't hurt though.)

5. Im_Special

Im_Special Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070 6GB
    Alright, I'll keep that in mind for whenever MS releases 1803 to the public, if things do go weird. I don't mind doing "clean installs" its just that it requires a little more prep on my part first, remember settings and such.

6. gydj

gydj Guest

So what's your suggestion that I can get it work? Right now it's like I adjust power limit to 50%, click apply, the slider jump back to 0. Same to the core and mem: I change the number, click apply, everything revert back to default. Appreciate your help!

RzrTrek likes this.
  7. Unwinder

Yep, resetting the cache via options will also do the trick. "Clean install" is just faster way to instruct a user.

Those are two different cases and two different situations. The first one is the message you mentioned, it is displayed when RTSS is started into a sandbox environment for a first time and it see that some system software (e.g. antivirus) is trying to replace DirectX runtimes with proxy libraries on the fly, so offsets for injection cache cannot be detected reliably.
    Upgrading DirectX files to newer versions is a different case, it is normally handled transparently for end user and RTSS should redetect the offsets without displaying any notifications.

JonasBeckman likes this.
  8. Unwinder

Sorry, I gave up on "how do I configure AB" questions in the forum, probably somebody else can help you. I'm focused on development related things only.

9. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 XT Red Devil
    I wached the video and I tried for process memory usage monitoring and it worked fine but when I chose "processor time" option for the specific process it show me only 100%
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  10. Unwinder

You misunderstood interpretation of "% Processor time". It is documented here, for example:

https://social.technet.microsoft.co...rocessor-time-and-process-processor-time.aspx

It is a total CPU usage across all logical CPUs. So if you have let's say 8 logical CPUs then it is measured in 0-800% range, so to convert it to 0-100% you should define divider as 8. Also, don't forget to enable dynamic mode for this counter (it is disabled on your screenshot). Otherwise the graph won't appear if you start MSI AB without target process (bf1.exe) running in background (dynamic counters are not validated during creation).

SpajdrEX likes this.

11. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    I kinda miss the early days where Afterburner was been developed(I mean before it reached a stable/final state) and we or at least I, was waiting impatiently for every new revision/release! :p

I say that with the utmost respect! Thank you Unwinder!

cowie and Unwinder like this.
  12. ruthan

ruthan Master Guru

GPU:
    G1070 MSI Gaming
    Did some testing, not all processes are listed or could be monitored in PerfMon - for example not works on Kingdom come (i tried write procces name and pid too)- and GUI, need adjustment to be more fail proof - empty input boxes are fail - there should be comboboxes with predefined options..

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  13. Thunk_It

Thunk_It Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080ti Turbo
    Many thanks to Guru3D, Hilbert, and the innovative Unwinder. I really appreciate these ongoing Afterburner updates!

14. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thank you so much for the new release Unwinder.
    ( Downloading Now )

Kind Regards: Chispy

15. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    Thank you for the update!

16. Rmosher

Rmosher Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390X
    Anyone else having trouble getting the new metrics for 1%, 0.1% and min/max/average frame rates to show in the osd? For the life of me I can't seem to get them to work...

17. Unwinder

PerfCounter plugin is fully open source, you're free to locate and fix the problem if you beleive that not all processes are being listed or empty input boxes are "fail".

18. Unwinder

It is not new for this version and it was repeated a few times in the forum that fps min/avg/max/1/0.1 statistics are available in benchmark mode only. Start a benchmark with assiciated hotkey.

19. Rmosher

Rmosher Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390X
    Ah I see, thanks for the reply. Have a good one

20. Unwinder

That's not called averaging, you're talking about rounding and using different output format. Currently output format override is supported for plugin-specific hardware monitoring data sources only, built-in sources always output data as is. So if you're displaying power usage via any plugin you can change format to "%.0f".

FAQU likes this.