[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 RS4 - Build 17134 RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Mbi2011

Mbi2011 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 OC
    So, we cant install MS microcode update (KB4090007) on 17133/17134 (get an error)? We need to wait new microcode update from MS for that build? HWInfo shows old microcode version (7C - I7-7700K) on 17133

2. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Ok, thanks, seems to affect some but not others.

3. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Another blocking bug holding back RS4? 3rd times the charm (17135.1) yes?

tensai28 likes this.
  4. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    They should go with 17137 for RTM now. Leaves a couple more versions for them to explore between now and August.

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I don't have it in my installed updates list in 1607 but I still have the C2 version (skylake) of the microcode as per the KB article. I guess it came in one of the cumulatives. It may already be a part of the OS. Just verify with any cpuid tool.

1803 is practically being turned into 1805 and they're still pushing out new RS5 builds lol. Fecking idiots fix RS4 before trying to ruin windows further.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    tensai28 likes this.
  6. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Hmm that's odd. No crashes for me so far on 17133.73.

7. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Well I'm not having any problems with 17133.73 so I'm sticking with this until Microsoft gets their crap together.

Yeah it's getting frustrating. One would think they'd want to release rs4 as soon as possible to the public with the state that 1709 is in. It's pretty bad when preview builds are better than the latest official build.

8. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Not too sure if the Settings App crashing which does not affect all users is enough to stop this being RTM, this can easily be patched with an App update. The Main problem I have is the boot issue with vt-d enabled, this has been an issue Microsoft just plain ignore, its been mentioned over and over in the Feedback Hub, but I have never seen any correspondence from Microsoft if they are even looking into this issue.

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Same here, .73 until actual RTM is out.

MS should rename this version to 18XX.
    Replace the X's with whatever month the RTM actually works...

tensai28 likes this.
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Fast startup configuration state is no longer reset on a build update.

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The first two Default options work in Settings > Apps > Default Apps but the third one, Set defaults by apps, just opens a window then closes a few seconds later. The Event log shows the crash is caused by Ntdll.dll which is a Windows system file. This issue first occurred in build 17128.1 then carried across into 17133.1, 17133.73 and now 17134.1.

Not sure how to fix it as sfc/ scannow reports no corrupted system files and dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth reports nothing wrong either.

Stormyandcold likes this.
  12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well build 17134.1 has been 100% stable for me since upgrading to it last week and the games I've been playing (Far Cry 5 and Ni No Kuni II mostly) are running exactly the same as they were on 17128 and 17133.

The only bugs I've noticed so far are the same one that cropped up in build 17128 after upgrading from build 16299.334:

1. The Set defaults by apps option under Settings > Apps > Default Apps still crashes with a window opening for a few seconds then closing.

2. Cortana's suggestion page (which shows when you click in the Search box without typing anything) appears to be corrupted as the actual suggestion text is not visible unless I move over it. I can however set the Hi! message and the Pick up where you left off text but the three buttons are the bottom of the window are so dark as to render the text inside them almost unreadable. Here's the thread on the issue with screenshots in case anyone else has come across this issue: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/windows-10-v1803-cortana-text-visibility-issue.420303/

3. For some reason (and this has persisted across several builds of Windows 10 actually) neither the Battle.net launcher nor EA's Origin will auto-start with Windows using their settings for starting with Windows. When I checked with Startup Manager these apps are set to User - Run and by switching them to Machine - Run they *do* start with Windows. However, when I do this both apps show the start with Windows setting in their options as unchecked. Not a big deal I guess but I cannot understand why they don't start normally. Both Steam and Uplay start with Windows for example using their own startup settings; no tinkering required.

I also had a weird issue a couple of nights ago on build 17134 where I was unable to rename a file in File Explorer as it was not responding to key presses. Well, it was, but the response was so delayed that it appeared as if it wasn't working. However, I could type in the Cortana search box as normal and on opening Task Manager it didn't show any usually high CPU usage. In the end, I restarted my PC and the issue hasn't happened since. Likely it is some bizarre one-off glitch that I will likely not see again but it was notable only because I have never experienced anything like that before. I have a Corsair K70 RGB keyboard and use the Corsair Utility Engine software (v3.1) so maybe it was something to do with those (or not since Cortana worked...?!?).

13. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders

Has anyone noticed that taking a screenshot with Steam's screenshot feature using a shortcut key, that it's more often than not delayed?

14. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I wanted to share my experiences with the current 1803/17341.1 updates, as it may shed some light for others:

After doing the update to 1803, I had some instability issues in the form of BSODs during gaming and watching videos. Various errors, includion IRQL_NOT_EQUAL and some crashed graphical components. I did a clean reinstall of current NV driver, including DDU, updating chipset, etc. I got some improvement, but it would still happen on occasion. (At least once a day)

When I tried to uninstall the NV driver the first time, it failed. I had to uninstall it in pieces, then wipe with DDU. So I figured the OS updates stomped my gfx install. After redoing it, and it was still crashing, I decided to systematically redo all drivers. Which got me to my Optimus situation.

When I put the BIOS back to MSHYBRID and restarted, I discovered that the Intel install was completely removed. Looking for a current build, I discovered ever since FCU, Win10 includes the Intel driver locally, which installed. Things looked ok so far. Then I went back to Discrete graphics, and I had to reboot twice to get the NV side back in order.

Now everything so far has been stable. It appears that not having the Intel side in a poor state affected even Discrete mode, and needed to be rectified to have a stable system.

So for people doing OS updates, if you encounter instability afterwards, you should look at redoing your drivers.

15. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    +Chastity Thanks for your post, I have such a laptop, so, that's useful info.

On my desktop I don't have any stability issues in terms of gaming and never see BSOD while gaming. My main problem with builds from the last 2-3months have mostly been audio related, and now with 17134.1, it's breaking some of my DAW software.

For me, gaming isn't one of W10's problems. However, whatever they're trying to do to the audio/audio software compatibility-side of W10 is consistently causing me one problem after another.

16. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Vidik, JonasBeckman and radosuaf like this.
  17. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Indeed, I've noticed this since 1607. Once I'm done doing the update for Windows, I open up GPUZ and look at the check marks across the bottom. If the appropriate ones aren't filled in, I know the upgrade broke the drivers and I have issues until I do a clean and new driver install.

Also, one time GPUZ showed the correct boxes checked, but I was still having issues. I checked the advanced WDDM section and it just said N/A instead of WDDM 2.3 like it should have.

18. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    hmm for these and others I can only conclude that it is better to stay quiet with my Windows 8.1 always stable without any blue screen or with driver imposition damaging the operating system; if things continue so do not know not ;) good until 2023 lots of water will roll down the mountain :eek:

19. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    FWIW: knock on wood, I never had BSOD on Win7 and I did all upgrades to 1709 (1511>1603>1607>1703>1709), so for me, it's been stable.
    Biggish issues have been with buggy drivers.

20. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    ^ok same here until 1709, but since W10 start @ build 10240 (WAAS) I always see in my humble opinion that system alongside with 2 big updates for year never can convince me 100% that is one good thing so I repeat again is better stay with mature OS same without new features (or cosmectics) avoiding those novel format/install again this is stupid same old Win7 works like a charm so that you can trade the right for the dubious