Microsoft patches 65 vulnerabilities in with Latest Tuesday Patch

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    It would have been nice if this Windows 10 patch had actually installed for me. It fails to install every time, no matter if via Windows Update or Manually via KB download and my OS Build is still 16299.334. :(

At least it doesn't give me an infinite reboot loop unlike last month's update...MS QC has really been lacking lately.

3. peshooo

peshooo Guest

GPU:
    GTX 460
    One of the laptops in the office rebooted itself during last night, maybe with this update. Now it is 100% CPU and 100% memory immediately after start :(

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Let's go for the new "can it run Crysis":
    Does it contain Meltdown / Spectre fixes? :D

On a more serious note, I guess that's why my computer installed updates as I took a shower.

5. nosirrahx

nosirrahx Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7700
    There is a known bug with this cumulative update that can show as a failed update when it was successful.

Run winver and see what build is listed.

16299.334 <- current build, if it says this the update worked

6. Warrax

Warrax Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti
    Windows 10 feels like that new Windows that just came out that has tons of problem for being new but it's been 3 years now.

Clawedge likes this.
  7. chronek

chronek Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 980 GTX 4GB gddr5
    security updates, read as spyware updates

8. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    Except mine is 16299.371 after this weeks cumulative update.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    you know when i got those updates notifactions and went to download them it failed, but when I retied it downloaded and installed fine. QC these days is um, questionable?:eek:

10. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    16299.371 here also. I saw my up time was 10 minutes when i looked at Task Manager/performance/up time and thought it had crashed while i was taking a shower. Checked logs and it auto updated to this version.

11. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    No, 16299.334 is the previous build. If you have that, the update didn't work for you either. I have that where the update failed repeatedly, on my main desktop. On my laptop and two other PCs in the household where the update succeeded the build is 16299.371.

And yes, I'm aware that MS lists a fake fail under known issues, but the build number should update if it actually took, which it hasn't for me, so the update has actually failed in my case. There actually are many reports of updates (actually) failing in the past couple of months all over the web, also with this one, just that this one at least doesn't cause a reboot loop.

Yeah. Questionable at best. I'm glad it worked for you on second try. Alas, I still can't get it to install properly on my main desktop (X79/i7 3930K/32GB DDR3 Quad Channel RAM/Titan X (Pascal)), it always fails, even after a clean OS install. There must be some incompatibility with something or other. On the other three computers in the household it updated fine, though, one is a Kaby lake based laptop, one an old X58/Core i7 920 and the other a Core 2 Quad Q6600. I've rarely had any update issues with those, however.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  12. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    M$, the biggest criminals in the recent history of mankind...

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  13. nosirrahx

nosirrahx Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7700
    I literally copied the wrong version from here,sorry bro.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4093112/windows-10-update-kb4093112

14. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my gaming laptop because updates were refusing to install (KB4088776) which installed ok on my Dell Precision. Plus the one after it also refused to install as well. But after the reinstall the updates installed fine with no issues.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you simply disable it with inspectre or the technet specified registry value.

LIGuitar77 likes this.