The Witcher 3 query

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Rudlin, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Rudlin

Rudlin Member

GPU:
    AMD 7970M
    Good day forum,

I am currently on a verge of completing the main quest of The Witcher 3, however I am not entirely happy with the decisions that I had made during my playthrough and in general, I like this game too much just to give up on it yet. I also had some optimisation issues at first, so I have a few long gaps where I didn't play this game at all, hence falling out with the story of the game.

Because of this, after I complete the main quest and not touch yet the expansion areas, I would prefer to start over with the New game+ DLC.

The thing is this time I want set things right and I was wondering whether I could disable two expansions before I complete all the original game world quests, then enable one after another expansion packs to further supplement my gameplay? Would it not cause any sort of save game issues?

Cheers.

I am asking because I had wandered in to areas where I got instagibbed and now find it hard to comprehend the layout of the world map.

2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    No need to disable expansions.

You just don't go to them until finishing main story.

3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    This. Go ahead and finish the main quest and just start a new game afterwards. The expansions are massive but you need to be around level 30 or so before you can partake in them.

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The wild hunt storyline doesn't affect hearts of stone at all, you can play that anyway. It has two endings and another significant choice so I wouldn't worry about repetition. You can change B&W's events quite a bit too. Wild hunt mainly carries over your love interest iirc. Don't worry about disabling anything. Play it again, like I did :p 300 hours and totally worth it.

5. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Actually you should start HOS before finishing the game, there will be some minor changes during the expansion and the main story as well. On the other hand, it is better to start BAW after the main quest, also because enemies are definitely stronger.

6. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Well this is good timing, I have just this minute completed Witcher 3, yes my first total play through. I opted to to complete the DLCs prior to completing the main story. For better or worse it meant I was insanely OP when it came to dealing with the last missions so quite literally strolled through them. The issue I am having now post game is the way my game ended. Spoilers for main game ending and ending to BandW

The main story ended whith Ciri MIA and Geralt sitting in the crones house as it filled with Gouls and Drowners, the implication being that he dies (the ironic thing being that character was so OP and had so many regen glyphs and armour he could quite literally stood in the middle of an army of these things and survived. Put simply I am fine with the ending, it's the ending made of my own decisions but here's the thing if you play BandW AFTER the main story the ending I got to that was Geralt and Regis (f*cking awesome character by the way) sitting round a camp fire Regis says something about it not being the end (something to that effect) and you get Geralt look at camera with a cheeky little smile, then the credits roll. It was a really nice ending but if you play BandW AFTER the main quest, which I assume many would have. It just doesn't work if you got the ending I did for the main quest

Anyway what I found surprising after finishing the game is that according to GOG's achievements less than 40% of people who have the game have completed the main quest. I am guessing, like myself many people will have suffered from finish the game fear. After spending the last 2 months in the world of this game and it's characters I was doing everything I could to delay finishing the game, put simply I didn't want it to end but two days ago I thought f*ck it lets do this and drove through the last Act of the game. I am wondering how may folk got towards Battle Preparations and opted not to complete the game?

Lol, yeah I started BandW at lvl 33 with a full Master Set of Griffin Armour and thought I would be set. First bandit camp I get beaten down in two hits by lord scruffy wearing nowt but his peseant armour using some chipped POS sword. Oh and those spitting plant things

HOS spoiler

Gaunter O Dimm, he's the devil right? I get the game never actually calls him that but that's what it seems to be implying also anyone able to confirm weather this character is present right at the start of the Main Story Quest if you don't have the HOS expansion? He tells you were you can find more info about Yennefer and asks you a question about why you are searching for her, is the interaction different if you don't have HOS?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  7. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    ^ Told ya! :D

About your spoiler:
    Just think about the first letters of his name. ;) Yeah, he's like the devil, there are many references to popular folklore, like the fact you have to meet him at a crossroad to seal a pact with him. On YT you can find a lot of videos about this character.

8. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Bit on the nose that one but yeah I guess some folklores do have Gods of mischief and bargain and stuff like that obviously my upbringing I am more familiar with the devil as the one that makes deals with humans in a bid to win their soul. Whatever the two DLCs were awesome and gave us two fantastic characters in Gaunter O Dimm in HOS and Regis in BandW.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  9. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    ...And that's exaclty what he does!