MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Guest

GPU:
    I used this new feature to confirm the power monitoring bug in the latest nvidia drivers. Excellent.

I would like to provide screenshots, but as well as the issue with the need to hold ctrl+shift making screenshots difficult, I also notice that this can interfere with my game controls, and I need to be in-game at the time I hold the modifiers.

I do think it would be good, to be able to toggle this new feature on and off, using a menu.

The new profiler option is excellent!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  2. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    Maybe you could record a video and then save single frames as screenshots, or turn the recording fps down to 1fps or smth?

3. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Guest

GPU:
    Sorry, I edited that post because I am a muppet. I was running an old beta, I didn't get my usual notifications from this thread so I missed the new features.

The feature was already added, and expanded upon with the new "Show Profiler Panel".

Andy_K likes this.
  4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Dear 1-post new users, I repear once again that beta thread is not intended for anything but testing NEW functionality. Please learn to use search.

5. Unwinder

Dear forum visitors,

I'm glad to inform you that new beta is available for testing. I decided to rebrand version 4.4.3 and rename it to 4.5.0 because it is getting more and more serious feature upgrades, deserving more serious major version change. So meet v4.5.0 beta 5:

>> Download

Changes list includes the following:

· Added power user oriented restore points system. Experienced users may use new /backup and /restore command line switches to create multiple named restore points containing full backups of MSI Afterburner's settings (including hardware profiles and custom hardware monitoring plugin configurations) and restore settings from any previously created restore point if necessary
    · Original RivaTuner's monitoring history fragment selection and selected fragment processing functionality is back! Now you may hold <Shift> and press left mouse button on initial desired position in hardware monitoring window to begin fragment selection, then drag mouse cursor to desired final position and release left mouse button to select a fragment. The following functionality is available for selected fragments:
    · When the fragment is selected, minimum and maximum displayed values are estimated within selected fragment only. This feature can be used if you don't need the global minimum and maximum values, estimated during whole monitoring session, and wish to see local minimum and maximum values estimated within some shorter period of time (e.g. during benchmark application runtime only)
    · When the fragment is selected you may use the context menu of any graph to set tracking marker into the local minimum or maximum position within the selection. This feature can be used to automate the process of identifying and visualizing the moments of reaching peak values (e.g. peak GPU temperature) on desired fragments
    · Added new open source GPU plugin. The plugin shows third party developers how to extend MSI Afterburner's GPU monitoring functionality and implement own GPU specific sensors in plugins using GPU enumeration and identification API. The plugin is demonstrating implementation of D3DKMT GPU performance counters providing unified vendor agnostic per-engine GPU usage, dedicated and shared memory usage monitoring
    · RTSS has been upgraded to slightly newer build, which fixes the problem with screen capture feature in On-Screen Display preview window when RivaTuner Statistics Server is installed in UAC-protected folder

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2018
    toyo, khanmein, CaptaPraelium and 5 others like this.
  6. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Seems to be working good here, a nice feature to easily check a section of time on the graph.

7. Probotector

Probotector Member

GPU:
    Crossfire 290 @ 1100/1400

Hi, you can enable CPU Power's feature for Westmere EP CPUs?? Like Xeon X5650 / X5670 etc..

Thanks

8. Unwinder

If you could read the thread, it would be nice as well. CPU plugins is open source, which means that you can add anything you wish to see implemented there yourself, without asking me to add support for CPU XXX or GPU YYY.

9. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    any chance for a DRAM speed ratio sensor in the Monitoring tab ?!

10. Unwinder

The same answer just one post above.

11. Unwinder

I've uploaded video with small preview of upcoming MSI Afterburner 4.5.0 functionality:

This video is demonstrating:

- Fast OSD setup from scratch with keyboard shortcuts and multi-selection functionality. It is not actually new for 4.5.0 and it was available in the previous version, but too few users actually read the context help and use this functionality. And multi-selection functionality can actually speed up the process of configuring OSD.
    - Process specific memory monitoring with PerfCounter plugin
    - Monitoring history selection and local min/max values detection
    - Monitoring performance profiler usage, helping you to identify and disable most performance hungry sensors

Headman, The1 and Vulkan like this.
  12. Vulkan

Vulkan Guest

GPU:
    Zotac Mini GTX 1070
    @Unwinder
    Thank you for your work and time you invest in Afterburner and RTSS! =) I love it and keep up the good work.

13. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    got it working but HWinfo must be running too

[​IMG]

14. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    Of course! As it is written in the readme.

15. kenway

kenway Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAM
    Hi I need help,
    Intel cpu osd Monitoring sensors seems to only recognize 16 Cores/32 Threads
    Intel i9-7980XE Does Not Display 18 Cores/36 Threads Correctly
    Can I fix Monitoring sensors osd

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    @kenway Try to use the latest version.

17. Unwinder

Plain wrong, maximum number of CPU threads is not anyway "recognized" by monitoring software, it is reported by OS. Configure your OS properly and please avoid posing offtopic in this thread, it is not intended for anything but testing new beta functionality.

18. kenway

kenway Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAM

Thanks I try to use the latest try;
    What should I do? To be able to monitor 18 Cores / 36
    Reinstall win 10 (1709) ?

19. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    Here is not the place to ask since it's not related to Afterburner/RTSS Beta feedback.
    (But if you do reinstall, you could try Windows 10 1803 which has just reached RTM).

20. Unwinder