Marvel’s Spider-Man

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 13, 2017.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  2. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Saw it, reminds me in lots of ways how Beenox made spider-man games. Regardless of QTE and a somewhat scripted trailer, I'm looking forward to it... Bit shame it wont come to PC, but of all the PS4 games that could convince me to get a console, this might be it.

3. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    In a behind-closed-doors hands-off preview of PS4's Spiderman, Insomniac community director James Stevenson confirmed to PlayStation Trophies that the game will be 'four to six times bigger' than Sunset Overdrive (Insomniac's last open world game) and will be the biggest game Insomniac has ever created.

Stevenson also confirmed that you'll be able to free roam around 'the whole of Manhattan' with a web-slinging mechanic that's based on momentum and physics - that trailer in the Sony presser is pretty indicative of how the game will handle: we saw the same section played through again, but this time the player wasn't as fluid in navigating the various obstacles, so it showed that you do have a good level of control over Spider-Man and the game isn't just an on-rails experience.

4. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Looks good. I'm interested. The last Spiderman game that I played is The Amazing Spiderman on PS3.

5. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  6. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I still cannot get over...before I say this...I understand development takes time. I get that. But from a business perspective and from so many previous examples, I cannot get over how this game is not out with the movie. And will not be out anywhere near the movie. The movie will hit bluray and digital release and this game STILL won't be out. There's many that would buy this off that hype and once that hype dies down, they won't if they aren't spider-man fans to begin with.

That being said, being a spider-man fan, I will buy this. BUT, I just can't get excited for it at all knowing it's at least a year away still based on the comments I've read by the dev. It's a Sept 2018 game. To put that into perspective, by the time this game comes out...the Iphone 8S will be released, the Patriots will have won another super bowl, God of War which has yet to release will be considered an old game and ps5 will have been announced for 2020 at e3.

7. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    You're kidding... September 2018? I only pre-ordered it a couple of days ago. I'm quite psyched for it.

8. DaRealGuru

DaRealGuru Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 4GB
    This game seems like a great step for the Spiderman franchise, picking up where Spiderman 2 left off.

9. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Who the hell is the marketing team for this game? I just recently remembered that this game existed, but.. Searching around for information seems pointless, because there isn't any. This is probably gonna be the 3rd year in a row, where the only news about this will be during E3, which is really weird.

Why start the hype and awareness of the game 2 years before you're ready to even show or tell anything about it...

10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Gotta generate money for your platform!

But e3 now is slightly problematic in how far in advance it unveils stuff.

11. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Well, some good news, finally. It seems that today, they've finally begun the Marketing campaign for the game.

(Gameinformer)May Cover Revealed – Spider-Man No release date is revealed. But Gameinformer will cover the game extensively till launch.

"Beginning tomorrow, Game Informer’s website kicks off a full month of additional Spider-Man coverage, including gameplay footage that shows off the open world and combat. You may even see Spider-Man wearing different suits. In the days that follow, we'll take you inside Insomniac’s studio for interviews with the developers and the actor who voices Spider-Man."

12. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I still can't believe the development time of this game and how they failed to time this with last year's big Spider-Man movie.

13. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Release date and collectors edition has been revealed.

September 7
    [​IMG]

Sweet, now that I know when it'll come out, I can ignore it till then.

14. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    That's ridiculous. So they show this thing off at e3 and it will end up being shown AGAIN? Lmao. These companies need to stop showing their hands so early in development.

15. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Well, they have revealed info on the game now, and the pre-order option has been added on Playstation Store. They could show it at E3 for the third year in a row... But why bother? Just let regular marketing do the rest now.

Only thing that does bother me about the title though, is the 30 FPS decision, that annoys me a bit. But I'm sure I can manage.

Serotonin likes this.

16. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    3rd E3. Lol. Smh. This industry has gotten fairly complacent with schedules. What's left to show by the third e3? Leave some surprises for us, yknow?

17. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  18. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
  19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Looks nice. I'll be playing it on the base ps4 so I hope the optimization is good enough, I would hate to have laggy controls.

20. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Yeah, looks really really sharp, I will definitely enjoy this one! Not much to play these days.
    I mean between this and the new Tomb Raider, should keep me entertained until RDR2 drops :D