Nvidia GeForce 391.35 drivers (FC5) Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by newls1, Mar 27, 2018.

1. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Good catch, left off the ‘um’ will fix, :>)

Got my nose fixed, (guy said shut up, me being hard of hearing, I thought he said standup), now my fingers don't work......lol

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    Lex Luthor likes this.
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Yes I can.

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    For everyone else, everywhere, ever? I doubt it...
    (if you say to someone you are the only one with X then you imply you know no one else has X)

OT though and sorry for that.
    BTT I take these drivers don't really make much difference vs. previous in FC 5?

Anyone with a different experience?

4. zandathrax

zandathrax Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS ROG STRIX 4090
    Me too :( rolled back to 391.24

Cryengine likes this.

5. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    somemadcaaant, G*addict and -Tj- like this.
  6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I'm afraid I only ran the benchmark with the previous driver :)

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

Interesting.. Although I know only Crysis1 and hmm... I have one more dx10 game :D

edit: checked wiki, ok I have few more :)
    -alanwake (both)
    -dmc4
    -lostplanet colonies
    -re5

Speaking of this driver, I saw you mentioned framepacing.

I played only Dead by Daylight yesterday and its exactly what I noticed, not in raw numbers, but visually. Whole mouse swipe looked very smooth and stabler fps across the map.. Last time I played it was with 391.01 and it was ok, but now I noticed a difference right away.

I play it 1080p but with cfg.ini tweak "ScreenResolution=130", which then reads in game as 186%, gpu usage is higher and aliasing practically none (I play it capped at 70fps with rtss.), 140-150 would be ideal, but its too much for my gpu @ ultra. That said even now it can hit max gpu usage which then drops bellow 70fps, but the image was much smoother @391.35 compared to older.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  8. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    D3D10 driver is the same as D3D11.

9. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Looking at that Wiki, I'm actually surprised how many games either used or supported DX10. Most recent I noticed was Outlast 2 from last year. Hmm.

But yep. Being aware of and monitoring Frame Pacing is something I started doing with the release of Witcher 3, I even asked for quite a bit of help with it. It was after that gameplay experience I started to note down how different V-Sync methods affected it in a given game. Its great being able to play a game I like at 60+ FPS, but if it isn't stable and sporadically jumps from 40 to 60 FPS all the time I'd rather put some time to it and find out what is the most stable option.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Tj- likes this.
  10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Its mostly due to cpu, more cores the higher the number,.

780GTX had around the same DX11, only DX12 is now higher on 980TI.

11. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Win10 17331.1 - This driver along with the previous 391.24 seems to have some intermittent stuttering in Call of Duty Black Ops 3 (mp). I've had to go back to 391.01 (which still has occasional minor stutters), but, doesn't have the weird stutters found in .24 and .35

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Retail 16299.309 also, although cpu usage seems to be a bit less high by 144HZ and DSR compared to earlier, still spikes all over the place when running across the map. Usually if there is no DSR cpu is 30-60%

[​IMG]

This was by one TDM, but I quit soon because it stream stuttered too much.

Angantyr likes this.
  13. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    The CPU spikes you get while running around the map, sounds like normal CPU usage to me. While you run around, scenarios / encounters and all kinds of variables change constantly, so the CPU adjusts for it..So I don't really view your screenshot as a negative, but just normal gameplay. But do correct me if I'm wrong.

What is TDM??

14. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    So I have absolutely no idea if this will actually help you with Black Ops 3 stutter. But searching around about the problem, I found this as the latest on steam discussions, and it ... It seems really, really dumb. But stranger things have happened so, give it a look:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/311210/discussions/0/1353742967808078663/

Stormyandcold likes this.
  15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    It is much better now, but still not it.. funny thing is it only happens when gpu usage hit 100%, more so with ingame downsampling.

Before witu dsr and high fps it use to be 95-99% cpu all the time. It never settled down after a while like now.

16. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Cheers, I'll try it. I'm a frequent poster in the optimisation post there and there's been all kinds of "fixes". One that helped me before was setting screen to 63hz.

I've just got a 144hz monitor for a few weeks so old fixes like that no longer work. Will report back later.

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Can you try 144hz + dsr (or ingame downsampling e.g. 140%) and lets say ingame fps limit 144fps, do you get the same higher CPU usage then without any downsampling at same fps cap?

18. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Thanks for the pointer! I hope it works. I have definitely noticed some slight stutter that was not there before and it was really annoying me so if this fixes it then you are my hero for the week!

19. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I've done my test with 391.01. Both online mp on Nuketown and 1440p, the first is 140% resolution using in-game setting and the 2nd picture is 100% (1440p) resolution. I'd say cpu usage seems to be higher with no DSR enabled.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is online mp on Combine, 1440p 100% to compare as well.

[​IMG]

-Tj- likes this.
  20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The tray icon is a per user setting, it is not supposed to be (or required to be) added in the HKLM area, the ability to disable it from there is in line with administrative requirements.

Theres something not quite right with a users computer if it is ignoring HKCU reg keys.