Smoking Weed/ your thoughts?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Feb 22, 2017.

1. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    His argument is dependent upon the arbitrary nature of weed being illegal. It's no different from using herbal teas except for that.

2. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    I said my piece, just don’t ever respond in any way. lol

3. Killian38

Killian38 Guest

GPU:
    Smoking weed........I don't give a damn if ya smoke it. It's your weed. I'd rather eat it but to each their own.

4. Killian38

Killian38 Guest

GPU:
    BTW anything that is burning is bad for your health. Not knocking Weed. I mean anything that you burn (aka Fire) is crazy bad for your lungs if you inhale it all the time everyday. Keep that in mind. You can smoke wild onions, holly leaves, mixed with spruce tree pine cone all day and that crap will kill ya just as fast. But by all means, do it if ya want to.

5. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I have no idea what you are talking about. I live in Taiwan dude. Everyone is allowed to say whatever they want here.
    Well, it started out with me getting about 20+ alerts from this topic, not just an alert. It can make the alert function meaningless because while I am coming back to this forum to check periodically if anyone replied to anything I wrote, the alert function would always be going off from this topic. Now I realize this isn't the end of the world and some of you think I am making a big deal about this. I think right now I am more upset about the fact that after asking several times nicely to not be quoted, people continuously quote me which I find disrespectful. It's just not what I expected from a community that until now has been made up of very mature and respectful individuals which is why I have been here(guru3d) as long as I have. I have to say I expected better and I'm a little disappointed.
    By the way, see what I did here? You can still quote people without bothering them. Let's all try being a little more courteous and respect people when they don't want to be quoted. Otherwise I don't see the difference between here and anywhere else. You guys are better than this, come on.

6. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Tell me what prescription drugs are medicine come without side effects(bad for your health). What is the lesser of these evils.

JaxMacFL likes this.
  7. Lex Luthor

Lex Luthor Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    Done...AGAIN! I think someone wants attention...or some weed! Nice post editing too BTW.

Oh, and I hereby rescind my statement of not quoting you since you aren't actually done...

This is a PUB, a place to talk about ethical, moral and other things in a civil and nonjudgmental way. You, IMO, keep verbally degrading us like in your above quote.

And if you don't want to be quoted, don't post....

airbud7 and JaxMacFL like this.
  8. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I didn't degrade you at all. You're degrading yourself. Actually you seem to be the only one who is really problematic. I'm putting you on permanent ignore because I don't see you as someone I care to continue to converse with on any subject. You can quote me as much as you want now. Hopefully this will stop. Have a nice day.

Lex Luthor likes this.
  9. Lex Luthor

Lex Luthor Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    ROFLMAO

airbud7 and JaxMacFL like this.
  10. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Oh, I was referring to the campaigning for medicinal acceptance being thwarted by stigma as a result of non-medicinal usage.

11. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Surely it would depend on the type of pain and 'you should always consult a doctor for pain relief'.

It's on the box.

12. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    And, under those circumstances - the doctor will prescribe you another form of treatment until they find one that gets you the help you need...

13. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Arnold knows The risk of damage to the lungs caused by smoking marijuana is far lower than the pulmonary problems caused by smoking tobacco cigarettes.

HK-1 likes this.
  14. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Hmm...lots of opinions but really not one single credible argument. Your entire theory is based on the arbitrary nature of weed being illegal. Otherwise, it might as well be herbal tea that someone uses versus taking an aspirin. So, unless you've got a new argument, you're just repeating versions of your old ones. There's a rumor Einstein said something to the effect of 'Insanity is repeating the same thing over and over...' you can Google the rest.

cowie, airbud7 and Icanium like this.
  15. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    And expecting a different result

airbud7 likes this.

16. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Hemi,

I think there is significant credibility in any argument against any movement which demands capitulation as a result of conflation, causing a weakening of the premise.

In other words, if anyone wants to use it for recreational purposes, they might use the medicinal argument to justify the changing of the law, which has the potential to weaken and therefore harm those who need help.

And, Einstein was paraphrasing Socratic Method for scientific testing through flawed experimentation of flawed supposition through repetition.

I am happy for people to get the help they need after a Doctor prescribes it. I am not happy for self-medication, certainly not if by action, the research and development of drugs is hampered; harming others who need it - versus those who do not.

I am sorry we disagree, but that is all.

cowie and airbud7 like this.
  17. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Well said, Loo! Self medication has been in the main stay of generations of families tho. Breaking that tradition will be a accomplishment heralded by pros and cons. Who’s to say the Gov is right just because they say so? Back in the 1940’s tobacco was good for you.

I think everyone should do their own due diligence and make an informed decision on this topic.

Loobyluggs, cowie, Lex Luthor and 2 others like this.
  18. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Again, while slightly more clever, your argument depends upon the arbitrary nature of making A PLANT, illegal to consume. Without the illegality, you have no argument. That isn't a disagreement, that is simply a fact.

Lex Luthor, JaxMacFL and airbud7 like this.
  19. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Self-medicating is natural. I mean, what did we do before we got smart enough to replace the natural substances with analogs that were cheaper to produce and profit from?

20. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    yep I agree I know by myself

Lex Luthor and JaxMacFL like this.