[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 RS3 - Fall Creators Update - Build 16299.15

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Sep 16, 2017.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah at this point, just wait for RS4. Worst case, it will release a week after patch Tuesday like last time. They'll also probably extend 1607's support like they usually do and it will get patches for 10 years if you change branches so that option will always remain if RS4 has any remaining performance issues or the settings is too clunky to use.

2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    @tensai28
    I have no stutters/hitches in games. I assume that you can`t blame only OS. When you have troubles blame whole system - HW plus SW plus user interference.

3. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Agree, I waited until last week to upgrade from 1703 to 1709 and to me games run the same, maybe even tiny better.
    I think it best to just try, you can always roll back to the previous version for 10 days.

4. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I don't install much software outside of the essentials. 1607 works perfectly so something leads me to think that something changed on the creators update. I do recall even microsoft admitting to a stuttering issue and there being some kind of workaround. Is that not required anymore? It's possible to have been fixed by windows updates and video drivers but I haven't tested it recently.
    I wasn't aware of this. So it's possible for them to extend 1607? That would be great because I have absolutely no complaints about it and the newer versions offer nothing I am interested in.

5. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I always do clean installs. Do you know what is the current state of rs4? Have you tried the current version that's supposedly close to rtm?

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, 1511's last patch Tuesday is next month. They've always extended service for older versions to-date.

tensai28 likes this.
  7. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    That's great thanks for letting me know. Now I have more time to figure out which to update to.

8. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    By SW I mean OS plus drivers plus FW. But of course any installed application can influence the behavior. And any villain driver can too.

Can you imagine the amount of combinations of HW modern OS should be capable to work with? Theoretically all is standardised but we can`t even assume that every piece of HW strictly falls under standards without variations.
    It means that you can have say motherboard which deviates from standards (PCI-E bus, RAM slots and paths, power, integrated controllers, oscillators) thus behaving wrong with the same OS.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Personally have had only a good experience gamingwise with both RS2 and RS3.

Games like Division, Kingdom Come, Dark Souls 3 to name a few run fine. Have BF 1 but haven't played it in ages.
    Based on BF 1 thread here the stutters could be due to game patches or driver versions. Many seem to complain certain patches caused worse performance.

Always clean installed between version upgrades mind. While the in-place upgrades have always been successful, I clean install right after to make sure everything's clicking.

However like said RS4 is just around the corner so little reason doing an intermediate upgrade, stick to 1607 until RS4 is proven trustworthy.

10. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I have played BF1 with RS2 and now RS3 with various Nv drivers, what I found most notable is the server you join.
    Sometimes I connect to a server where the CPU% is almost pegged, I wait like a min if it doesn't clear up I rejoin another and 95% of the time all is good.

MP is very hard to judge smoothness because of this, I play almost every night 1-2hrs.

11. radosuaf

radosuaf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASRock 6800 XT 16GB
    Installing 1803 now would be like asking yourself for trouble. 1709 was approved as business ready mid-Jan or so...

12. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Windows 7/8.1 ftw! Lmao. Rofl.

13. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
  14. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    You can also expect it to come to Preview within the week.

15. Forceflow

Forceflow Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Anyone here upgraded to RS4 (using Windows Insider Preview) and using a G-Sync monitor?

Borderless windowed G-Sync has stopped working for me, anyone else with this problem?

16. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Finally decided to upgrade 2 days ago, no issues so far.

I had tried 1709 before, but programs kept restarting on reboot. Looks like they finally added an option to toggle it off.

17. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Dragondale13 likes this.
  18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Wrong thread, sorry!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  19. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Just noticed in Device manager new view for devices - Devices by container. (Old ones are by type and by connection.)

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    today 1709 was pushed again to both my pc and dads, so i used winshowhide to hide again and reset the defer.