CPC Hardware AMD Ryzen 7 2700X print review is online incl Benchmarks

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    warlord likes this.
  2. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Clearly this CPU is for those who didn't buy 1st gen ryzen. I don't see any other excuses to buy this hardware.

Unless you are one of those PC freaks who buy every new gen even without reason. Like the jump from i7 6700K to i7 7700K. Pointless. Unreasonable. But i7 8700K is overwhelming new gen.

So, Ryzen 2 is already at the spotlight. Nothing interesting for now.

nz3777 likes this.
  3. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    even if its just overclocking/ram speeds that is better and no other improvements, some people did hold out for just that

Fox2232 and warlord like this.
  4. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Well some improvement is better then none right? For me tough I will just wait for Zen 3, My 8-core fx is just fine for daily tasks.

warlord likes this.

5. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    0.3 ghz average better clocks. Well it is something. But it is not groundbreaking difference like it could give you 10% or more FPS in all games.

cowie likes this.
  6. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    So if these are accurate numbers, it's good to see the performance boost is there per high clocks, but not enough for me to want to upgrade right now. But I'll wait to see more results for a conclusion.

warlord likes this.
  7. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Well to take a taste you could see guru3d's i7 7700K review. I bet the difference between 1700X and 2700X is like i7 6700K vs i7 7700K ;) Only clock differences and a bit more.

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Anyone who is not overclocking will consider this as very good jump. Now, the price.

And apparently HH's tests with proper mobo and RAM, that's most important thing.

9. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    These are more of a refresh on a different node. I am not sure why some think it should be an upgrade from the first Ryzen. It does show some exciting improvements. Excited to see HH's review. Ryzen 2 will be really interesting, and maybe an upgrade from Ryzen.

Anyone not using a Ryzen, this would be a good chip.

-Tj- likes this.
  10. DES_MX

DES_MX Guest

GPU:
    GTX480 850/4400 1.075v
    Probably it needs to be paired with DDR3466+ just like the original Ryzen did for optimal gaming FPS.
    By the looks of it the review was done on DDR2666, which isn't optimal for Ryzen build

craycray likes this.

11. FM57

FM57 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 2070
    hmmm, not sure Canard PC would like to see scans of its printed material online here.

Sorry to be a pain in the a** but Guru3D would not like to see its content published elsewhere, would it ? Unless there is an agreement between the teams indeed.

12. craycray

craycray Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    ^This. And some gaming results with OC at 4.3-4.4 Ghz would be good too.

13. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    It's a totally valid remark FM57. Every now and then they do this, they deliberately break NDA, & prior to it go all wild on Twitter creating as much attention as they can. Honestly, I doubt they would even mind as it's probably a good viral for their French print magazine sales?

They do it this way very purposely and deliberately, social media teasers, easter eggs, ... and if they really would mind, I'd have received an email already. Also if they didn't break NDA this way, the problem would not exist in the first place?

Venix and Picolete like this.
  14. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    hmmm after breaking nda in such manner with fireworks and everything most likely that means they are not getting any more review samples from amd are they ?

15. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Yeah, I am quite certain that ship has sailed for them ... but from what I understand, their industry contacts (devs) supply them somehow.

16. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I doubt Canard broke NDA.

You have to be under NDA, in order to brake it. And it makes zero sense to sign NDA, only to brake it as blatantly as this.

17. Srsbsns

Srsbsns Member Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 Liquid
    So no precision boost 2.0 since its A320? Also slower RAM. I wonder if MCE was on or off. Too many questions here. Just take this for being an average to poor case scenario. Which means this looks good to me.

18. fl2015

fl2015 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    I'd personally ignore any over-hype and fake/leaked numbers and wait for a day one review. Pinnacle Ridge is nothing more than a incremental step up therefore a 0.3 ghz increase is probably more believable than expecting it to hit 4.5 ghz plus on all cores and be something more akin to what Sandy bridge was.

It's probably good for those who haven't jumped on ryzen already, the little bump would put it ahead of some older intel chips in gaming & such.

19. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Except for the fact that this isn't Ryzen 2. You are aware of that, hopefully. This is Ryzen +, the original Ryzen taken to a smaller manufacturing process. Ryzen 2 has yet to be revealed. I think what confuses people is that this *is* the "second-gen" Ryzen--just not Ryzen 2. Yes, I think AMD could do a bit better in emphasizing that point...;)

warlord likes this.
  20. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    This is right in line with my expectations for the Ryzen+. Of course as a Ryzen 1800x owner Im not even thinking about upgrading until Ryzen 2 comes out on the 7nm node.