Nvidia Geforce GameReady 391.24 Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Mar 20, 2018.

1. idahosurge

idahosurge Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Amp Ext
    Where do you do this? I see it under "3D Settings>Mangage 3D Settings", but I do not have a 3D monitor.

Didn't there use to be this feature somewhere else like under "Display"?

2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Telemetry container can be disabled. Display container is needed.

The 3D settings mean settings for 3D (hardware accelerated) programs, it's not related to 3d monitors.
    It's exactly where to create profiles for programs.

3. idahosurge

idahosurge Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Amp Ext
    Thanks!

4. PQED

PQED Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    I've already explored that possibility without result. It's also worth noting that aside from FF it's the only other application experiencing TDR's, and they both started having issues after installing v384 (which is when a lot of people started having FF TDR's).

I have no issues whatsoever with any other games/programs, and all stability tests check out fine.

5. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    That is an erroneous statement, sir. A memory leak does not only exist when using max settings.

Well, I've used Nvidia and their drivers on multiple rigs and never had an issue. It's not being condescending if he's right. You're being a little overly sensitive IMO.
    There's is nothing wrong with the current drivers, only a very small minority experience issues and it's usually related to having weird setups (custom res etc) or having too much crap on a bloated, cluttered OS.

6. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    kk

Turf effect and / or Noctis model are probably causing it. There are like 500 posts in steam discussions with players trying to find out what is going on.
    SE support didn't even try to persuade me otherwise two weeks ago when I contacted them and told me to wait for a game update after they saw my event viewer logs, dxdiag and msinfo. But yes we're all imagining these things.

7. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Yeah Nvidia drivers are always perfect:rolleyes:. Let's all just forget about the recent uxdl(or whatever it was called) hanging causing a delayed shut down or the flickering shadows in WWII

8. tiliarou

tiliarou Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 980M
    I might have been over sensitive but the tone of the post I quoted was clearly blaming people for complaining about issues in a condescending way. As usual, we cannot assess ourselves if an issue is experienced by a majority or a minority, and we can't know the full setup of people complaining (or not). What I would prefer to do is just try to help solve issue on some setup and not plainly stating "I don't have problem so the problem you mentioned is fake".

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

Generally true, usually when one particular system amidst a bunch of working systems has a problem the machine has an underlying issue, even where it might be stable on a range of tasks you can still hit some issue in just one game. Not to mention, most cases of instability aren't even demonstrated under full load but when the system is under constant changes of load.

Unlike this firefox TDR issue that is specific to windows 7, many cases were noted occurring across different cpus, chipsets and basically the entire pascal range and mozilla's own crash statistics saying that something was going on.

10. ocsystem

ocsystem Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6600xt

Tried different realtek drivers from ver2.75-2.82 but is still freeze my entire pc. even M$ generic sound drivers.

FF still freezes my entire pc when i'm on fmovies site scrolling mouse over movies titles.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018

11. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I can only talk about my personal experience and in the last years Nvidia drivers have been crappy for me. I´m glad that you and others have had a problem free experience with them but that´s not my case unfortunately.

I think i´m doing everything correctly every time i try to install new drivers, i only use Nvidia´s Install with a clean option installation and without any other feature, like 3D vision, but some drivers just won´t work properly...

Again this is just my experience although sometimes my wording may seem i´m talking in a more general way.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    if your using realtek audio this exactly what what happen on x58 system when threw more then 2 dozen drivers before find one that worked, R2.79, my only solution till i found those drivers was disable HW Acceleration in FF and any othe program ( not a game) that use HW acceleration if i had had Voice chat progam up and running connected to server, but like i said mine reproduce able on demand with the above method i mentioned but other things cause it too Like a Voice chat program like TS/Vent etc connected to a server + any other program that use HW acceleration like java progams with in seconds it would freeze. and threw all those years which was like 10+ years no gpu driver change ever fixed it, it all tracked back to that realtek audio driver

Im assuming you have same issue it could be something else altogether for all i know, but you profile mentions SupremeFX X-Fi which while it is based of Realtek audio it could been modified too, mine X58 build used ALC 892. i have no clue what yours is based off of.

I hated my X58 build for 2 reason 1 being the endless freeze i had cause realtek audiio drivers after dozen of driver changes i found R2.79 and those freeze were gone, the other reason was endless ram dispensing issue i had, so when found set after going threw dozen sets i left it at 6gbs.

My advice is start up VEnt/TS and connect server then start Firefox with HW acceleration enabled, if it dont lock up with in minutes, might not have same issue

13. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Display Container issnt needed. You can set it to manual and disable the service! Its only needed if you need to open nvcpl. I have a power shell script if i need to open nvcpl.

Code:
    param([switch]$Elevated)

function Test-Admin {
    $currentUser = New-Object Security.Principal.WindowsPrincipal $([Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent())
    $currentUser.IsInRole([Security.Principal.WindowsBuiltinRole]::Administrator)
    }
    if ((Test-Admin) -eq $false) {
    if ($elevated)
    {
    # tried to elevate, did not work, aborting
    }
    else {
    Start-Process powershell.exe -Verb RunAs -ArgumentList ('-noprofile -WindowStyle Hidden -noexit -file "{0}" -elevated' -f ($myinvocation.MyCommand.Definition))
    }

exit
    }

Start-Service NVDisplay.ContainerLocalSystem
    & "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Control Panel Client\nvcplui.exe"
    Start-Sleep -s 120
    Stop-Service NVDisplay.ContainerLocalSystem
    Exit-PSSession
    [Environment]::Exit(1)

save as nvcpl.ps1 for example and execute.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  14. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    when you go install driver, just extract content to path and remove nvtelemetry folder, now run setup.exe to install driver normally

now you don´t have a telemetry service installed

15. DF-1

DF-1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    doesn't work for me :(
    i have a button in Ctrl panel that is the nv control panel and that doesnt open it either, nothing happens.

16. jmcc

jmcc Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3060 12GB
    Just because Ubi partnered up with AMD for FarCry 5 NVIDIA is not lauching a Game Ready Driver before game's launch :rolleyes:

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    it already runs ok, its not like they will make some voodoo magic.. those days are over..

fantaskarsef likes this.
  18. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It's very possible that the next driver will have some FC5 specific optimizations which will add 5-10% of performance.

19. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    If you execute the code in this file the service gets started and you can open and see (after a few seconds) nvcpl right click desktop for example or should be able to open it in normal system control panel.

20. DF-1

DF-1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    doesn't work for me.

perhaps i removed TOO much from the driver install while trying to get the bloatware/spyware/telemetry out...