NVidia Anti-Aliasing Guide (updated)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyberdyne, Jan 29, 2012.

1. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Jesus -2 lod. That's unnecessary for 4xSGSSAA. I'll add the entry, but the settings are wrong

2. BlackScout

BlackScout Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I found out that the flag for RE4HD is gone (0x000000C0). Should I just type it in manually in NVInspector?

3. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Gone from your inspector profile or gone from the list or driver??

Typing it in will work just fine. Just remember it's 10 characters including "0x". Or you can just copy past it in.

BlackScout likes this.
  4. KainXVIII

KainXVIII Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance (steam version, dx9) - any tips on forcing AA? 4k downsampling results in image doubling =(

[​IMG]

5. Guzz

Guzz Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    0x000000C1
    [​IMG]

KainXVIII likes this.
  6. KainXVIII

KainXVIII Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Hmm, don't work for me :eek:
    [​IMG]

7. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    You are making a new profile and adding the right exe right? Pic of Inspector settings?

8. KainXVIII

KainXVIII Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yes, as always.
    [​IMG]

9. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Hm. Try adding the application exe through absolute application path too maybe.

When you exit inspector and come back to the profile do the settings still exist?
    This is an odd one too,but maybe try restarting the driver after applying settings? (Using CRU's reset executables)

KainXVIII likes this.
  10. Guzz

Guzz Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Something is wrong on your side, for me 0x000000C1 work without issues.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

KainXVIII likes this.

11. KainXVIII

KainXVIII Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yeah, its was my frack up! :eek:
    Deleted Gladiator profile from Nvidia Control Panel (completely forgot that i created it) and created new (with absolute application path just in case) and all works fine, even SGSSAA!

12. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti
  13. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Resident Evil Revelations 2

0x000000C1 (SGSSAA needs AA Fix)
    0x00000041 (MSAA,TrSSAA)
    If you want to use reshade, you need to add the Depth bit "0x00400000"

This game also has the same low res bloom problem as all the other games, in addition to an in game DoF effect when aiming. The DoF is so poor quality that I wouldn't recommend AA at native res much to be honest.
    The SSAO isn't totally terrible however. Too bad you can't disable it, i'd really like to get HBAO working. But no need for double AO.

It also doesn't have the dumb resolution lock Revelations 1 had. (Almost as bad though, since it seems to max out at 4k. Which is a shame) However with my current DSR set up (With 5 or so resolutions, 1.5x1.5,1.7x1.7,1.8x1.8,2x2 and 2.2x2.2) I cannot get it to recognize my resolution higher than 4k. Not a huge issue.

Performance wise this game is weird. The game hits the CPU hard and the frame pacing is all kinds of broken seemingly. Resulting in stuttering all over the place(Even with external frame capping and vsync), with the GPU never really hitting over 90% or so no matter what I do. All the while it is dropping frames. I assume my old CPU can't quite keep up. Only playing at a low resolution will allow as little stuttering as possible. GPU wise, the game doesn't have an issue hitting 4k60 with FXAA. But it still stutters all over the place anyway. Using 1/2 refresh rate and an external 30FPS cap seem to turn in stable results but doesn't help 60FPS or higher at all.

Downloading this d3d9.dll https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/606-resident-evil-hd-remaster-fps-fix/ seems to eliminate almost all of the performance issues so far having played through all of Episode-1 Barry to test. (Just stick it in the game directory) Odd. I don't recall having the issue when I played RE HD however. If you are having the same issues I am, this may be very helpful.

For best AA quality, if you can hit higher than native resolution with 2x or 4xSGSSAA and downsample. That provides the best results.
    Next up would be using MSAA (optionally TrSSAA)+In game FXAA on top +downsampling.
    Lastly is just downsampling+in game or driver FXAA. I think driver FXAA handles the image all around better than any of the 3 in game FXAA levels.

No AA http://u.cubeupload.com/MrBonk/NOAA.png
    8xSGSSAA http://u.cubeupload.com/MrBonk/8xSGAAfix.png
    8xMSAA http://u.cubeupload.com/MrBonk/de08xMSAA.png
    8xMSAA+8xTrSSAA http://u.cubeupload.com/MrBonk/8xMSAA8xTr.png

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    KainXVIII likes this.
  14. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Sadly Devil May Cry HD collection runs on DX11 and uses FXAA of all damn things for AA instead of MSAA (Seriously, why).
    To get higher resolutions you have to edit a config file.

Looks fine with DSR+FXAA. But getting fullscreen to act as proper FSE and stick is tricky. Have to alt-enter once or twice to get it to work.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  15. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I want to replay Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (2002) again, and decided to enable some bells and whistles such as 4x MSAA and 4x SSAA. But SuperSampling is causing some strange textures stretching.

[​IMG]

Anyone know of a way to fix this?

The game uses a Modified Quake 3 Engine.

16. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I'm not 100% sure but try setting OGL_OCGCONTROL_DIRECT_NVIR to Disabled in NV Profile Inspector.
    There was a post here which confirmed this as working and it did work for me back in autumn but I don't really remember the name of the variable which needs to be tweaked.

TheDeeGee likes this.
  17. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I forgot to add this to the spreadsheet, but search for Guzz's post I think.

18. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Sadly enough there is no such setting for me.

When i click the magnifying glass all i get is a giant list of 0x codes.

EDIT: Got it, seems my Inspector was a 2016 version. Guru3D should remove it from the download section or update the link.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  19. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Where did you get a newer version? I'm currently on 2.1.3.4 for NPI.

20. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090