Final Fantasy 15

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Serotonin, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Very. Adding to this, for the people who don't have Twitch prime or even watch streamers can't get this purple abomination to ride around with. Are these kind of partnerships normal and I just notice now when I've got a game that does it?
    At least the mount explains why the patch was 400 MB when I couldn't detect any performance difference and some issues were still present.

Got proper Border-less full screen now, so that's something I guess.

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    From a business perspective adding partner related rewards that the partner has paid for is more important than fixing problems but it's bad PR for the people waiting for technical fixes which I would say are much more important than some mount.

True that Border-less is a nice addition.

3. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Got the purple monster ( oooh er ) Its eyes are crossed lol.

Twitch is starting to really step up, they are even giving free games each month now with Twitch prime to get into the Humble monthly market I think. Up until now its mainly been MP games that have had Twitch prime loot Cod, Fortnite, Paladins ETC.

4. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Well what a stupid fool i've been going through the story only without leveling properly.

SPOILER ALERT(Ending related):

I'm nearing the end and i'm very underleveled and weak and get one shot.
    Is there anyway to get back out? i just came out of the throne room to confront Adyn but he totally overpowers me and i'm all out of potions and stuff too.

5. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Can you revert to an earlier save and go to a resting location (Bed Icon) and use the 3rd option; Call Umbra?

6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    What is Umbra? if i revert back, then i have to start that mission all over again. :(

7. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Umbra is the dog, that once in a while comes up to you with a message. At a camping spot you can call him and select "travel to past lucis". That will allow you to complete bounties / dungeons and quests you've missed and gain some XP so you can do the final stages with less trouble.

That's the only way I can think of. Unless you just say "screw it" and download a trainer/cheat for the game.

8. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Guess i'll have to revert back, no biggie thanks for explaining. :)

9. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Finally done with this POS, nothing but crashes, redoing the same mission 10 times hoping it wont crash. On Chapter 2 and about 50 crashes so far lol. Tried drivers, no gpu overclock, reducing CPU overclock, reducing TRAM, disabling Nvidia stuff etc.
    Im done lol, frack, havnt had issues like this in a long time but im just pissing myself off playing it :), arrrrghhh

Never finished Witcher 3 B&W, need something to destress lol

10. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    I finished it tonight, had a few crashes here and there which is not good with a game of this scale, the end battle was a bit underwhelming as well, basically one step away from quicktime events where you have to press the red button at the right time,, I did enjoy all the photos at the end though and it was still a fun game for the most part, the battle system is sadly lacking though and the camera is cumbersome at the best times, overall was worthwhile but I enjoyed Assassins Creed Origins more and Witcher 3 is light years ahead of this so i;d say you haven't missed out on much

I'm just glad it's finished now and I can focus on Far Cry 5 :)

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Patch 1.24 with initial mod tools for adding 3d models to the game.
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/637650/announcements/detail/1662272531042841963

https://store.steampowered.com/app/648600/FINAL_FANTASY_XV_WINDOWS_EDITION_MOD_ORGANIZER/

The patch notes.
    EDIT: The resource leak still seems to be a issue though.
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/637650/discussions/0/1693797713952644621/

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I can't believe they didn't do any technical fixes :eek: I want to use reflections but I don't want to have 40fps while being close to water :(

13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    mod tools? nude mods confirmed ;p.

bit different for a jp game to have mod tools wo hacking.

14. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Finally getting around to playing this. I have roughly 4 hours into it. I don't like how forgiving the battles are. Other than that, decent game. I said this in another thread and feel it needs repeating here as I'm curious to know your opinions.

FF 15 such a jekyl and hyde with it's visuals. This game can look like the most beautiful game I have ever laid eyes on and then in another scene, the textures and whatnot look like something from a first-gen Xbox 360 game circa 2005.

15. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    OK. I beat the game. First Final Fantasy I have purchased since FF10 on PS2 and first Final Fantasy I completed since 9 on psone.

Boy did this story suck. So ironic because that's usually the single thing that attracts me to Final Fantasy. 2/4 and 3/6 on snes, as well as 7-9 on psone. Those had some really good stories. FF15 is a dumpster fire as far as story goes. I understand the DLC makes things a bit clearer, but you shouldn't need to play through DLC to grasp the story of the main game. Was it a HORRIBLE story? No. But for FF, this was garbage. Very basic and bare.

The visuals and game play kept me coming back. The combat felt generic and kind of button mashing for a while and then you slowly learn there's a craft to it. It became extremely enjoyable - and again, this is from a guy that likes the old school turn-based stuff. This combat was completely new to me. All the old school gamers seemed to hate it. I found it refreshing.

Visually, my 1080 wasn't enough for 4K. It made it quite a while and then I got to a part where nothing went above 23 frames (this was everything maxed and TXAA @ 4K). So for parts of the game I had to go down to 2k. My hat is off to square for the visuals. While there were textures and sections that looked baked, overall, especially considering the scope of the world, this was extremely impressive. I might dare say this is the first game to stand out on PC vs. consoles since last gen. There's just enough here to finally feel like you have a superior version on PC. It's not just a quick resolution bump. This felt like Metro 2033 when it hit PC with DX11 support and extra bells and whistles, where you saw PC finally taking a step forward even as consoles tried to hold it back. FF15 is that game for this gen, to me. Starting to see PC push ahead again, regardless of the agenda to push consoles first.

All in all, good game, not worth $59.99. Get it on sale for $29.99. Beautiful visuals and gameplay, decent voice overs, a few annoying characters, down right terrible story.

G*addict likes this.

16. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  17. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Congrats!

kx11 likes this.