Nvidia Geforce GameReady 391.24 Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Mar 20, 2018.

1. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    That's odd dx12 is still very smooth for me. Smoother than 11. I'm on win 10 1607 though maybe that's why.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    nothing to do with it I'm afraid, this has been on and off since the driver 385.69, which is when Advanced Layers arrived in quantum and the reports were all skewed against firefox instead of the driver it originated with.

3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    And you've also got a 1080ti which makes a big difference.

4. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Yeah that's why I'm suggesting maybe giving developer edition a try because I have tested multiple drivers (I pretty much test every single one) and never had a single issue browser related. I can't guarantee that it would make a difference but maybe worth a shot?

Of course but when I was on my 1070 it was the same story.

5. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It depends on a game and on how CPU limited you get in it on your system which is a function of many many things including tasks which may run in the background.

6. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Yeah, battlefront 2 and battlefield 1 are absolutely terrible for dx12 but games like mankind divided and rise of the tomb raider work better for me on it. Also ashes of the singularity get's a crazy boost from it ever since nvidia came out with that magic dx12 driver. I'm on an 6600k so I probably see it more.

7. PQED

PQED Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    Just had a TDR with Firefox open and a YouTube video paused. The window flickered (as it does when recovering), and when resuming playback of the video it behaved oddly by jumping back and forth and repeating the same video segments in a rapid fashion, all the while audio was continuing as normal.

This is on Windows 10.

8. evgenim

evgenim Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3070 OC
    Try to add custom profile for firefox.exe in nvcpl. Set there "prefer max performance" in power management mode.

9. PQED

PQED Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    Unfortunately I've tried this and more before without any improvement. This has been an ongoing problem since v384, though it's not as common as it was.

I've tested everything to the best of my abilities to make sure it's not my system. I also checked the logs on a friends system which is running a 4670k/1070/Win10 combo, and the TDR's appear there as well.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I doubt this is something I can solve on my end.

10. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    @PQED No need use prefer max performance. Set adaptive for browser.

11. ocsystem

ocsystem Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6600xt
    adaptive is default. @ PQED did you tried with HW acceleration disabled yet?

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  12. PQED

PQED Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    Already using adaptive. Have tried optimal as well.

No, that's one of the few things i haven't tried. Since the TDR's are fairly rare (maybe once or twice a month) and doesn't really bother me much, I'd rather not deal with a sluggish browser.

I've also previously reported that Firefox isn't the only application experiencing TDR's, but also Phase Shift - a rhythm game - and much more frequently than FF at that.
    Couldn't say if that's still the case though since i moved on to Clone Hero a couple of months ago.

At this point I'm not really trying to find a solution, but rather informing that it's still a problem, and not limited to one system.

13. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    No need to fix what isn't broken. I've got 70hours in FFXV and had one crash which was related to a bad OC. No other crashes whatsoever.

Not sure why people claim there is a memory leak in the game either. I've seen no such issue, the RAM usage fluctuates between 8 and 12gb. A memory leak would result in overbloating of RAM usage to the point where the game is unplayable, which doesn't happen. I've done 8 hour session in the game - no memory leak

14. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Who does? Flash was made obsolete since browswers don't support it anymore anyway

15. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Then you are simply not using maximal graphic settings available;)

16. tiliarou

tiliarou Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 980M
    Every time someone has an issue with a driver, someone rants and states that there is no problem.
    Yes indeed, as said multiple times by multiple people: because it works perfectly on your rig/PC does NOT mean in any way that it's the same for EVERY rig.
    So stop being condescending by implying that because you don't have issues means that others are at fault when they experience issues with drivers.
    PS: never is written with a v.

tensai28 likes this.
  17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    FYI, all the web browsers have their profile set to force Adaptive, so changing it globally won't do anything if these aren't changed either.

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    TDR's in games mean you have a hardware (graphics card or imc/ram) stability issue.

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Any number of reasons, different software used, background programs, system settings...

some combinations may have issues when others don't.

tiliarou likes this.
  20. idahosurge

idahosurge Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Amp Ext
    In services.msc can I disable "Nvidia Display Container LS" and "Nvidia Telemetry Container"?

If a service is not required then I like to disable stuff that I do not need running in the back round all the time.