Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Gamers are not among them, who the hell cares about it.

2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Im still on it, 10s only for Dx12, but how many games have we got using that yet ?

KissSh0t and AsiJu like this.
  3. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    It is your call to have a slow decapitated OS. It is not only DX12 all games are smoother and faster with Win10 and developers know it too. Especially after Threshold 2 and mostly since Redstone 1 versions the gap versus 7 is huge. We have long past 2015.

4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    There are quite a few gamers using Win 7, among these forums too... one of them right above you

5. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    You are not classified as edge gamers neither from me nor Microsoft themselves. It is your call as I stated to the one above, see my post.

6. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Gears of War 4, Gears of War Ultimate edition, Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsports 6 and 7, Halo Wars 2, and now Metro Exodus :D And that list doesn't count those which have a DX12 backend renderer.

And while you're right that some gamers are still on Windows 7, the vast majority of them have upgraded to Windows 10 for higher and smoother framerates, and a more secure platform. Honestly man I have no idea why you're still on Windows 7. You're doing yourself, and your hardware a disservice.

warlord likes this.
  7. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Well the most basic above all, the complete absence of Microsoft Store and its exclusives, aka PC Xbox like experience cannot justify you as a gamer. Unless Xbox is not for gamers. Each on his own I guess, they cannot follow the evolution of Operating Systems.

8. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Going by the Steam hardware survey, the reason why Windows 7 still has such a large majority is because PC gaming in China has dramatically increased in popularity due to PUBG. So the majority of those PCs are in China.

9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Costs money to develop for

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I'm on 8.1.... I would consider myself a "Gamer" seeing as I play video games with my PC and update my PC for the sake of playing video games.

lol/

11. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    they said a demo with nvidia's RTX thing is inbound right ?!

12. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    yes but have you considered that your opinion is invalid because he thinks it is wrong and that you need to spend many monies to upgrade all the time to be a pc gamer

I mean any time I join a conversation about some amazing new game I make sure to have the latest computer hardware so that I can lord over anyone and everyone to say "lol why bother we have a titan XPZ now with 4k"

AsiJu likes this.
  13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    [​IMG]

Dear Diary, Today I learned something new.

xD

AsiJu and scatman839 like this.
  14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    What exactly is an edge gamer then? This is interesting!

PS: I use Windows 10

15. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I'm guessing what warlord meant by "edge gamer" are gamers that want to play AAA rated cutting edge titles on their PCs at very high visual fidelity and performance. A gamer that plays these kinds of games (like Metro Exodus), is likely going to have a different type of PC compared to a PC gamer that predominantly plays Overwatch or League of Legends.

Metro Exodus counts as one of these titles as it's using cutting edge technology. In fact, the case for Metro Exodus being Windows 10 only is getting stronger, since it appears that the game will utilize Shader Model 6.0.

That's pretty big news if true, because the game using Shader Model 6 means that it's a true DX12 native title, and it will not be compatible with previous versions of Windows. This is a good thing, because PC gaming will finally get a clean break away from the legacy programming which reduces performance and efficiency.

16. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    There are TONS of people still on Win7 that are gamers.
    More then 60% of Steam users still use Win7.

17. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    That Steam percentage is overinflated because of Steam's recent introduction into China and the popularity of PUBG.

18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    ah yes because of course china doesn't exist as far as gamers are concerned

19. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Those are your words, not mine. All I'm saying is that the reason for the high percentage of Windows 7 users on Steam is because of the recent introduction of Steam into China, combined with the massive popularity of PUBG. And I'd wager that the vast majority of those Windows 7 copies are pirated.

But all this is besides the point. The developer is the one who chooses what platforms, and what APIs to use. Apparently they are choosing Windows 10, because of Shader Model 6 and DXR, although this is not confirmed by any means.

20. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Even before that, Win7 was still the OS used by the majority of users on Steam.
    Win10 followed after, but was less then the Win7 user base.

And, you assume the vast majority of Win7 users are pirated... just... because. When, WIn10 is just as pirated. All OS are.

Just because something is new, doesn't mean it's the only way to go. Out of my friends list on Steam, more then half still use Win7 simply because they prefer it. They dislike things about Win10 and have no plans on updating anytime soon.
    And, even though I use Win10, I can see and understand their issues.

But, 4A Games, yes they will push the top end API tech available to them, but that doesn't mean in any way that the game will be exclusive to any API or specific technology.
    The more probably, realistic and believable possibility is... they will support multiple APIs and offer an experience that can be had by more. As they've done in the past with previous releases that supported multiple versions of DX.
    People say it'd be more expensive for 4A to do this, logically, it'd be more financially damaging to not do this. If they forgo older OS and versions of DX, they cut a large part of the possible marketbase out and by extension, cut out a lot of possible profits they can not afford to miss out on.

Spend a little more to ensure a larger user base and financial gain.