Nvidia Geforce GameReady 391.24 Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Mar 20, 2018.

1. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Worth to update from 391.01 ?

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I would say yes, will see more now that i have new 144hz again, curious if nv fixed Doom DSR 60HZ lock issue, Cod Bo3 DSR high cpu usage is not fixed yet..

3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Seems like a solid driver so far, haven't run into any glaring issues.

Haven't seen the hitching after display sleep / mode change either so hopefully this was fixed as well in this one.

4. IronRush

IronRush Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Ultra
    Amazing driver for me guys. Kudos to nVidia this time.
    I am a Gsync user and the feel is way more smoother for me across the board.
    Thanks!

5. tiliarou

tiliarou Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 980M
    My point was that the features of NV inspector should be in NV control panel since the beginning. So I don't believe that we should be happy per say about the fact that the driver is letting someone else do their job (Nvidia's job in this case): this is the minimum NV can do to compensate their laziness.
    In the end I agree with you and would favor functionality over UI/cosmetic updates.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Was the bold and underlined and red actually fixed? I only had it happen once though. but this would be good enough reason for my to upgrade my drivers, this was only issue i had seen with my 1070ti and current drivers i using.

haha 20 minute after I wrote this the TDR in FF happen again for 2nd time

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  7. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Are you on 391.24 now? Or that was with an older driver.

8. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    those drivers broke geforce experience Share for me, tried 4/5 clean reinstall, nothing to do, so rollback..!

9. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    so many people still getting firefox TDR ...well need to wait another release before updating the driver i guess

i am still on 388.31... firefox (with lastest update59.0.1) watching stream daily on youtube-twitch-mixer and various stream sites (either flash or html5) ... often with multi-windows stream ...no TDR
    (GTX1070 + dual monitor)

10. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    hard crash like these probably sign of hardware issue
    last time i am getting TDR + hard-lock-reset ....then it start freezing on games... after couple months later it showing artifact + not detected by system (aka death )

11. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Not for me. No more flickering or stuttering and hiccups during gameplay. These driver's totally fixed all the issues I was having with DX12.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Im still on 390.77, thankfull windows seem to of stop silent updating my drivers, cause it was silently update them with log about .

This sound like fun i had with horrible bad Realtek Audio drivers with my old system that cause endless system freeze when HW Acceleration was enabled, in conjunction with Chat programs lke TS.VENT etc that i could reproduce on demand, after 5 years of endless problem and over dozen Realtek audio drivers i found driver that actaul fixed it so could re enable hw acceleration

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    COD blackops3 runs even worse now, high cpu usage by DSR or vsync@ 144HZ + extra streaming stutter.. at least 391.01 didn't have any obvious streaming stutter.

14. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Did you reboot before testing BO3? I find that BO3 doesn't play the best if I start it immediately after new driver install. Will test BO3 myself later on.

Passus, fps Kingdom Come Deliverance improvement numbers? cheers

15. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    The improvement comes from the game feeling smoother, fps wise i get anywhere from 70 to 110. medium shaders and shadows.

earlier drivers had a noticeable stutter when panning the camera and felt a bit jerky these feel great

AsiJu and Stormyandcold like this.

16. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    You all really hated this bug. LOL

17. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Guest

GPU:
    Called it. Afterburner reports up to 10ms for the card to provide power monitoring data. Rolling back to 388.84 again .....

18. tayyar

tayyar Member

GPU:
    Dude, you're a bitter person. I am a lurker here and I hate seeing you in a thread, because you're always condescending and get in fights.

You need a reality check, people don't like you. Change your attitude.

-Tj-, Chastity, beezee and 3 others like this.
  19. ocsystem

ocsystem Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6600xt
    I don't get TDR with any driver update. and also I played gpu intense game without any lockup or issues. it only happens in firefox on that site. the hard disk and usb wifi dongle LED acts normal that means the system is not fully locked. only no response from mouse or keypad....

when HW acceleration is disabled, FF works fine, no lockup.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  20. AndyMutz

AndyMutz Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080 FTW3
    it may be the case, that despite being mentioned in the release notes, the firefox TDR fix did not get incorporated into this driver..

-andy-