Dear Warner Brothers, why no Superman or Wonder Woman game?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by jbscotchman, Mar 11, 2018.

1. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Personally I loved Man of Steel, Batman VS. Superman, and especially Wonder Woman(still pissed it didn't even get one Oscar nomination. I mean the Batman Arkham franchise is incredible and easily the best Batman games of all time.

Superman and Wonder Woman practically write themselves. You could start out with Jor-El fighting to make sure Kal-El escapes the doomed planet. Then you could have many years of Clark learning his skills until he is the Man of Steel. With Wonder Woman same thing. Show the battle between Zeus and Aries, and train Diana until she is badass!. All the content is there, what are you waiting for?

2. HitokiriX

HitokiriX Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    Ulenn likes this.
  3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Yeah Superman64 may be one of the worst games ever made. This does not end the thread, I mean a 10 yr old could make a better Superman game where you don't have to fly through rings. With current hardware there is huge potential for a great Superman/Wonder Woman game.

4. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    All the hints given in the last Batman game points to a Superman game.
    Time will tell.

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    And why is wonder woman a skinny photo model and not a strong lady.

That should be solved first.

Elder III likes this.
  6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Injustice 1 & 2 story mode good enough? :p

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The last rumor was that Rocksteady would be working on a Superman game next.

But... meh.
    It'd be a character that would be hard to make a fun and challenging game with. Indestructible, powers on top of powers...
    Batman worked because you could have him fight regular people, and still make you feel powerful, while making it a challenge.

8. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    Seeing how many good marvel or dc superhero games there are, I wouldn't feel sad that they didn't make one. Most of the times, superhero games don't turn out too well, especially when they're based on a movie.

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I feel the same as Damien, it would be hard to make it challenging when you are so powerful.

I haven't saw Wonder Woman, but is she not also overly powerful?

Maybe some plotline that has Superman/Wonder Woman stripped of all or some powers at the start.

10. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Another option would be if Earth was attacked by powerful aliens, maybe something based around Darkseid, or have it off planet. Outside of that though like you and Damien said, it won't be much of a challenge.

Redemption80 likes this.

11. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Batman Arkham Asylum , City, Origin, Knight were all incredible, loved this serie. Knight despite its technical issue at launch on PC was truly fantastic, still have it installed. Character design is out of this world, incredible art work.

The Wonder woman movie was the Best DC comic movie since the Nolan trilogy imo, loved it (and the soundtrack was incredible!). Think i went to the movie theater 2 or 3 times for the Wonder Woman movie.

Wonder Woman theme is awesome, love the 'Immigrant song" inspiration i feel behind it.

jbscotchman and Redemption80 like this.
  12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I've still not saw it, i got burnt out with superhero film a while back and i think i also regarded Wonder Woman as something for the girls, so i'm not sure if it's something that could be adapted to a game and still be a challenge.

I agree that the theme is great, saw it played live when i went to see Hans Zimmer.

XenthorX likes this.
  13. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    "when i went to see Hans Zimmer."

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

14. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    I think both of them are overpowered, that doesn't really make for interesting gameplay. And since Superman is so fast it needs a really good engine that works is snappy enough for the action.
    I'm also burnt out by superhero movies but games can be more interesting, I like the Arkham Games more than the movies.

15. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Wonder Woman was an incredible movie! I'm pissed that it didn't get any Oscar nominations.

XenthorX likes this.

16. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    It was a great film.
    But, I didn't find anything about it being Oscar level great.

TheDeeGee likes this.
  17. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    It comes down to tit quota.
    We used it up on the older Tomb Raider games so there is none left now.
    Sad situ, but Lara Crofts extensions were mountainous.

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I don't really care about wonder woman tbh. her story never appealed to me. It starts nice (amazon part) , but as soon as she gets to the WW2 stuff it just gets boring as hell.
    I enjoyed Justice League 10x more tbh. (which i also found much more enjoyable then any Marvell movie in the last years).

As for the games, movies and games don't get along well together. Countless of examples where they totally failed.
    However i must admit i do miss those times where a game was released at the same time a big blockbuster movie was. I would take that over all the countless poor indie games any time.
    When you got a reference to a bad game , it makes it somewhat less bad sometimes :D

There is still the spiderman game coming though.

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I guess it depends on which origin they use, much like every other older super hero / heroine I suppose. :p

[​IMG]

(Frank Miller doing a more R rated take on Batman I believe, which also saw some other characters over the different issues in the series.)
    (Which I guess he was quite aware about and it turned into a bit of a parody at times? https://www.geek.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/All_Star_Batman_e_Robin_-_Batman_e_Black_Canary.jpg or perhaps it was meant to be entirely serious. :p )

Since this is WB perhaps it'll follow Injustice though it might be a separate entity entirely kinda like Arkham was for Rocksteady, we'll see.

EDIT: Ah I see now there's nothing really announced at all yet is there. :)