Logitech G launches new PC Gaming Speaker with Lightsync

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    Wake me up when they have a good 5.1 system like Logitech G51. Been using it for almost 8 or 9 years now with no problem . For my 3by3 room is more than I need

3. DG21

DG21 Member Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti WF Extreme
    Last month my Z-5500 had its 10th anniversary! Ok, the backlight stopped working a few years ago, but the rest is still completely fine! And if I compare it with my Yamaha HS8 they really sound quite nice for a PC-Speakersystem that had the pricetag of only one HS8! a kind of Z-7700 would be very cooool.... ;-)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Used a Creative T20 II system for almost 7 years before it gave up. Best speakers I've owned! Great sound, build in bass (no sub) and played pretty loud. Nowadays it's gotta be RGB and gimmicks...sigh! The other Creative T range products has build in power saving (in EU) which cannot be turned off, absolutely terrible.

5. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Yeah the old skool creative sounded the best nothing beats a gigaworks s750 7.1 surround set, shame mine broke after 8 years of use, best 7.1 set i ever had.

6. giri.placid

giri.placid Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    I've been using an onkyo 7.1 av receiver and full range sony speakers and a sub for the past 15 years. They sound fantastic. The new stuff I speculate are for the new folk or older folk with broken gear. The older era speakers and amps are just fantastic and upgrades unlike a gpu or cpu cannot be justified for audio. Sound has reached its maximum progress.

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    How did you manage the placement of 8 speakers? :) I remembered having a 5.1 system and although I had a corner table at that time, the left front/rear were not that far from each other :)

8. mazty

mazty Guest

GPU:
    NGTX560ti Twin Frozer II
    So, basically a retry of the Philips AMBX range?
    [​IMG]

9. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I'm still using the Z-5300e speakers

10. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I'd imagine most people wall mount them. I had my Z5500's wall mounted - typically you don't want speakers close to the wall due to SBIR but computer speakers aren't exactly amazing performers to begin with. I do miss my Z5500's though.

11. Kwok

Kwok Guest

GPU:
    1x GTX1080
    I really have to laugh. Ive been waiting for a replacement for my Z-2300 2.1 sound system that I bought 2003, 200 watts, and 8" subwoofer and speakers so good, they cant even make them anymore. A used Z-2300 goes for 199.00. The only thing I don't have are the lights to distract me and cause some glare whilst I am playing PubG or CSGO. Oh well, we cant have everything.

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    That's too expensive, here where i live i could get the Z906/Z-5500 with that money. I actually bought a Z906 last year for just 149,99 euro.

EDIT: After a quick look i could find the Z2300 for 45 euro and one for 65 euro.

13. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    signex likes this.
  14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
  15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    More stupid lights!

This is my favorite bit- "This combined with built-in Logitech Easy-Switch™ technology, enables you to switch seamlessly between any four connected devices such as a PC, smartphone and tablet, so you can listen to your favorite playlist off your phone while playing a PC game.". Because we can't leave a music player running in the background while playing a PC game lol.
    Anyway, the feature itself is nice. I wouldn't have minded BT connectivity on my z623 if I could use it to connect it to my PS4. I hate my TV's speakers :p

signex likes this.

16. EnvymeRT

EnvymeRT Guest

You and me both ! My 5500's cannot be beat, they still sound amazing I really wish Logitech remade them with quality components.

17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    240W, I do not think this adheres to DIN. I would believe that it is 240W PMPO (Power at which it burns).

18. fOrTy_7

fOrTy_7 Guest

GPU:
    N/A
    Yes, this is what I need from my speakers to produce ambient light. :D

Wasn't this idea already tried on some TVs? I believe it was Sony or something who tried that and it was a giant failure on TV market.

The biggest question is will I be able to sync that with my toiler RGB lighting?

19. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Why the frak would i want flashing disco lights on my speakers, distracting me from what's on the screen?

20. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    To say the truth , RGB is not distracting but it is a ... gimmick . I for one don't need it ! F it am a 35 year old person I DON'T CARE for lights , but I think the little ones will like all this S***. An all RGB computer :))