Final Fantasy 15

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Serotonin, Aug 21, 2017.

1. fernake

fernake Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus strix GTX 1080 OC
    This game is the perfect excuse for Nvidia to sell their new gpu I do not think Nvidia will improve much more the performance of this game is more, I think it will get worse in order to give prominence to their new gpu.

2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    the new patch introduced a lot of freezing/crashing

i can't finish an hour without a crash

3. craven68

craven68 Member

GPU:
    Inno3d 1080ti 4x ultra
    Did you try some settings ? HBAO is working since i tried it and the picture is amazing with it, thanks ! The one from rendering, i don't know what they do or which value i have to set.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I haven't noticed too much of a difference with these but it's good to hear at least the NVIDIA options working. :)

DisabledLightProbe= <- This would be a 0 or 1 value or on and off, does not seem to do anything since toggling the light probes would toggle global illumination and the game would look very different without this.

ShadowDistanceScaling= <- Shadow draw distance, I think this no longer does anything unlike the benchmark but the setting is still here, shadow resolution instead also handles scale as it's increased from the looks of things.
    (Default appears to have been a value of 100 which I guess works similar to shadow resolution and is a baseline or 1.0 and then it could be tweaked up to at least 800 or 8x distance in the benchmark and the demo launcher program.)

HeightFieldSpec=
    ParticleSpec=
    ProceduralSkySpec=
    TextureSpec=

These would be quality related, 0, 1, 2, or 3 I would assume or low, medium, high and v.high if it exists but I've tried and found no difference so far and quality is regulated by texture or TRAM with a low value seeing texture quality halved or quartered as there's not enough cache set to have these loaded in full detail, for TRAM higher than the default is also possible but the game already uses up to 8 GB VRAM combined with a TRAM of V.High or a cache value of 4000 MB plus the possibility of a memory leak over time.
    (It does speed up the streaming a bit but a value of 3 or 4 GB seems to be enough here to ensure full texture quality.)

The Display settings are mainly HDR related though HPRT appears to default to 1, it's possible there might be a small performance increase by disabling this if so though I don't know if image quality would be affected.
    FP16 back buffer is enabled if the game runs in HDR mode, trying to force it doesn't work and the scaling I think is related to aspect ratio but the full version seems to stay on 16:9 though it could be related to if the image is stretched or centered too.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'm about 28 hours into this game and liking the road trip style of the gameplay and the open world exploration. The characters are not especially deep, Noctis especially who goes from overly cheerful to brooding depression almost at whim, and the story so far isn't that great but somehow it all comes together to create an enjoyable experience when combined with the entertaining combat.

I've settled on maxed out 2560x1440 settings with all the GameWorks features enabled and 150% res scaling with a locked 30 fps which feels very smooth once the controller sensitivity is raised to max. Yes, 30 fps isn't for everyone but the game stutters far less with a locked framerate and even 2560x1440 cannot sustain 60 fps locked at maxed out settings on my PC.

Noticed some ugly shadow draw in when driving in the Regalia though when the detail cast from trees seems to draw in just in front the car. Is this a bug?

6. craven68

craven68 Member

GPU:
    Inno3d 1080ti 4x ultra
    @JonasBeckman Thanks you for this detailled answer ! x)
    I have a 1080ti, but i m still using 4096, i m not sure if it will help to put more on it. I m going to try these value to 3 to see if i m going to see something different

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I'll keep playing at 4K without GameWorks and unfortunately without TAA which even at 4K is needed during some scenes. I got a tip that Geometry=Off would be a perf.boost but not for me at 4K. It's simply not possible to have 60fps in this game and I'll have to live with it until a patch is eventually released. But one thing I won't do is lower the resolution because I've already played the PS4 version and it's not that pretty.

I've not played for longer periods of time and I do see some stuttering here and there but so far it's been minimal and for me it's more about the FPS going below 60 which causes the stutter more than something in the game.

8. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

it's possible

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @ kx11 - That's impressive for 4K and 60 FPS and the game still looks good even without the GameWorks features. The loss of geomapping is noticeable though.

What about a solid 60 FPS at 2560x1440?

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    60fps during fights? Well congrats, I have no idea how you did it. I have almost the same settings as you but I get dips down to 45 during fights. The TitanXP is a bit faster than the 1080Ti so maybe that's one reason?

11. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
  12. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Steam API performance boost. :)
    Still nice though.

EDIT: Which means Steam performs it's checks and queries faster.
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/6376...167168518535998/?ctp=134#c1697167355228828167

Callbacks to Steam API and that sort of thing.

(Though a DRM-less dev version of the next update did also leak, that could be used to compare actual performance between when the game has the D in it or not. :p )
    (And not just how efficient the Steam API works with a anti-debugger check removed though that too affected the game initially although SpecialK already has a way to limit this.)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    -Tj- likes this.
  13. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Somehow there was a leaked dev build with no denuvo. Game is now cracked, probably by their own hand lol.

lucidus likes this.
  14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Possibly, the Steam depots are password protected after all and it can't really have leaked in any other way. Disagreement on the dev team perhaps between some anonymous dev and the upper management or who knows. Perhaps there's a way into the passworded depots too or Square initially [censored] up and made it public which well that's also a likely scenario come to think of it. :D

Now there's really no reason to keep the DRM in the game with that mess-up.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  15. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    my TXp is watercooled so that maybe the reason

16. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    So you first wanted me to learn English and now all of a sudden you're not English native. So it's butt hurt now, is it?

17. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Not really a leak... People who bought the game on Origin and preloaded it from there saw they had preloaded without any form of encryption unlike steam. So the few files that was missing, was just copy pasted from the game demo (The demo doesn't have DRM) . So now the Origin version had an executable file and they could play. It was just sloppy protection.

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah that was the first time with the pre-release (preload.) build. :)

Then Square forgot to set a password for the upcoming development branch on Steam and what will be the next patch, that's the file that leaked now including some unknown fixes and changes from a work in progress update but also the completely DRM free exe file from a up to date version of the game with all DLC's fully functional.

lucidus likes this.
  19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Maybe. I'll try your exact settings this evening. You don't have any Special K mods or anything like that right?

20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I run the game at 30fps too, 3440x1440 is too demanding for a Fury X, and you're right about the shadows i have it too it's not a bug.

EDIT: This mod should give around 33% performance boost: http://steamcommunity.com/app/637650/discussions/0/1697167355228958238/?ctp=21

EDIT2: Doesn't seem to improve anything, i wonder how he got these numbers though but i haven't fully read the thread.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    Kono and Darren Hodgson like this.