GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 391.05 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Susahamat, Mar 1, 2018.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Here is something bizarre; COD Blackops3 and ingame fps limiter

If i set it to my native 144hz it has v.high cpu usage, as soon as set it it 70-80fps cpu usage drops to normal like it usually is 40-60%, max, uncap to 90fps & high cpu 90-100% on all 8 threads.. wdf is that?

2. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    Hey I found the same thing when I was playing Kingdom Come, I would get stuttering or Micro freezes, tried a no drm patch that's floating around and it all stopped.
    Didn't matter if I had the game on a SSD or my WD Black if STEAM was open it would cause stuttering/micro freeze.

Oh I have FFXV pre-loaded too.

3. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    You didn't have any patches or something that wasn't properly downloaded? I normally never have these problems and when I was playing the FFXV demo everything was fine.

5. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    If you have FF XV Pre-loaded and don't hit the x button by it in the downloads window it will constantly check for the release patch and every time your system will hang for a second or two. Just click that button and you're back to normal.

tiliarou likes this.
  6. schoolofmonkey

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    Right got you, that's why what I did worked because Steam wasn't running.
    Still can't stop the updating though even when you hit x it just tries again..

Game comes out tomorrow so I'll just hold off until then... :)

7. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Thanks for this again but unfortunately you can't update the profiles on older drivers it seems. I just installed these and it said nothing could be found. So to save anyone the time, it is not possible to update profiles on 388.84.

8. Minotaur

Minotaur Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 1080 GLH
    Fallout 4 is back to normal with the 388.84 drivers. I had to alt-tab to the desktop and back again, when ever performance dropped apx every 30mins during game play.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I wish it was that simple but just like @schoolofmonkey said, Steam just tells you that it must preload and that the game ain't ready for release yet. Anywhoo, it will be solved this evening :)

10. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Seems to work fine with the games i play.

11. 0LBaID

0LBaID Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090TI FE
    micro stutter with these (didnt try the ones prior) in PUBG, H1Z1 AutoRoyale, and Doom. Had to ditch and go back to 388.71 which work well for me.

12. Cyris

Cyris Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    Can you upload your log file, from the Nvidia Updater?
    Please upload the backend.log and the journalBS.main.xml

Thank you..

13. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  14. Cyris

Cyris Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    Ok, i reupload the driver with a little change. Unfortunately, it does not show any updates in the Control Panel atm, but now the Nvidia Updater search for profile updates and installs the profiles again.
    Although I have written to the developers to bring the feature back. The old Nvidia Update Feature (Nvidia 37X Driver-Series) is easy to use, small and uses only one task. However, I assume the GFE has too much importance that we will have no chance.

Comparing Profile Database:
    NVIDIA Profiles 388.84 -> 4.438kb after installing
    NVIDIA Profiles 388.84 -> 5.418kb after update

R388.84 Download
    R389.10 Download
    R391.05 Download

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  15. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I'm sorry, I'm unsure what you mean. I'm not seeing any change on these drivers. I ran the updater again and it said no updates found just like before.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018

16. schoolofmonkey

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    Ok, this driver works better for FFXV, the previous 390.77 would just cause a strange framerate drop.
    But playing anything through Media Player Classic using dxva2 (copy back) cause micro freezes when first opening a movie, which doesn't happen in the 390.77 driver.

So it's either smooth gameplay in FFXV, with crappy movie playback, or microstutter in FFXV and smooth movie playback..

Oh Nvidia, why are you turning into AMD with the drivers, it's the main reason I stopped buying AMD.

tensai28 likes this.
  17. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna give these a try for final fantasy. I was getting weird drops that didn't make sense on a 1080ti. I also agree driver quality has been laughable.
    Edit: I gave these drivers a try and definetly the best for final fantasy. I don't even know what people are complaining about. No pause when playing back movies either. I use potplayer with lav and madvr.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  18. schoolofmonkey

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    It only seems to be Media Player Classic and the klite pack that is having the micro freeze problem, Potsplayer is doing the same.
    VLC works perfectly for me as well, but I prefer the KKlite pack as it seems to work best for 4k.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  19. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Potplayer with madvr and lav gives off the best visual quality if you play with the settings. Far better than anything else I've ever used. It's also working flawlessly with these drivers. It feels snappier on pretty much everything as well. These are keepers for me.

20. schoolofmonkey

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    Well unless I've configured it wrong with madvr and LAV the micro pauses are still happening for me when starting a video for the first time with Potplayer as well.
    Fine with previous drivers, but again FFXV runs like crap with them ;)