Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Mar 8, 2018.

1. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  2. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -
    Get ready for another pointless copy pasta hack job made for adhd kids.

Shataan likes this.
  3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    What a nice, well articulated and open minded approach to a game we know absolutely nothing about.
    From a developer who has pushed the series into different directions more and more.

signex likes this.
  4. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -
    Y I K E S

-Tj- likes this.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    If there is anything "Triple AAA" studio's have learned it's that Ctrl C + Ctrl V makes a lot of money.

anxious_f0x and -Tj- like this.
  6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Visually it looks same old COD Ghosts+ gfx,

guess Ghosts really was that milestone for "next-gen" engine makeover, now its just small tweaks here and there, what since last 4-5years..? lol

7. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I remember when COD was the game to play. Some games are just meant to be played and COD fell among them; Half life 2, Far Cry 1, Call Of Duty 2 etc... Later COD 4 came around alongside Crysis and both were excellent games.

Now COD has become a joke. COD died a long time ago, all this recent years' garbage is just the aftermath.

8. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Why post it if you hate the game so much? makes no sense.

I'm quiet curious what Treyarch has in store this time, but not that excited anymore about a new COD.

9. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    I stopped playing COD after "Ghosts"
    The game was broken
    I went round and round with support
    They never fixed it
    I never bought another one
    Another COD? Meh

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I'd say that SP is enjoyable if you expect an interactive movie. MP is poo though and I really wish you could buy SP only versions for half the price.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I think it comes down to a lot of people actually really loved Call of Duty, although now they are seeing what the series has become and being disgusted by it.

12. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    I look at the CoD series now a bit like the EA sports series. Each year the only additions are roster changes ( read: character changes ) and some new gimmick mechanic to the core game. Buy one game in the series and skip the next 2 or even 3 installments untill you get that itch to play again at which point there will be a fresh installment waiting for you to scratch that itch... unless of course the developer of the current game in the franchise completely dropped the ball.

My last CoD's that I played were MW and MW2 but I skipped the others untill Black Ops 3 came along and I really had an itch to play a CoD game again and I loved it, so much so that I maxed out my prestige levels in MP and completed all the challenges to unlock the Dark Camo skin for my weapons and it was so much fun to do albeit frustrating at times. Skipped CoD:John Snow Edition ( can't remember the name and too lazy to google it ) and I tried the Beta for WW2 but the map sizes were so stupidly small and paid DLC up the ass so I just went "nah! not for me".

BO4 will probably be a copy pasta game but I now have an itch that only a CoD game can scratch so I hope they don't completely mess it up.

13. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i lost interest in cod tbh, might see where the campaign puts the story at, as the storyline is fine, and nice, but gameplay.....enough of linear gameplay... im too old for it.

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Several rumors are coming out, stating that Black Ops 4 will no have a campaign.
    That the single player has been dropped completely, but will be replaced by a.... ugh.... Battle Royale mode.

If this is true... just... wow.
    TreyArch have delivered the best campaigns in the series, from World at War to Black Ops. And while BO3 wasn't that great IMO, it did try some interesting things story wise.
    There was talk a few years ago that Activision was thinking of killing the campaign's in CoD games and making it MP only. Well, if these rumors are to be trusted... seems that has come full circle.

Lets drop the story in favor of the most overrated "flavor of the moment" gameplay mode.

15. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    But the SP is something I actually like in the COD games...Sure it's very scripted, linear, but to me they're tons of fun, and it's fun to see cameos in the game!

16. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Same, while they are not amazing... there is fun to be had in them. And I've always been able to enjoy the campaigns.

17. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I read that this morning and I won't be buying it if they go the BR route.

I don't care for BR and won't be supporting any BR games.

I actually enjoy the CoD campaigns for the most part, I just played through Ghosts again recently and had a blast.

18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, them jumping on the BR bandwagon is just them setting themselves up for failure.

But, seems WWII will be the last CoD game I buy if this is true.

lucidus likes this.
  19. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I wouldn't care about it so much if they just made it like a different gametype available in MP, but I'll cry if they get rid of SP.

20. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC