Just bought a LG 4K hdtv 55.

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by nz3777, Mar 7, 2018.

1. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    What can I say other then WOW I was blown away by the detail and clarity this thing has, We were on a Toshiba 42 inch 720p tv so I figured it was about time.Also paid $35 bucks for a Hdtv Hdmi cable that supports 4k But I have yet too see anything in 4k lol other then some you-tube videos maybe. Also it has that true-motion whatever its called we were watching a movie last night The Mummy with Tom cruise and the wife turns to me and says.....Babe I feel like I am in the Movie!!! - At that moment I knew I made the right choice haha!

720p to 2160p Yeah baby!!!

XP-200 likes this.
  2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Well, even watching pR0n will never be the same ;). Congratz!

nz3777 likes this.
  3. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Lol!!! - Unlikely but I will put it on my to watch list haha. I did run a few games last night on xbox one and it looks amazing really, on some parts it would stutter so looks like we need Scorpio or S model.

4. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    I am amazed how far technolog has gone they are already talking about 8k tvs but for the time being I am happy.The wife wanted to buy me a birthday present so I picked something we can all enjoy.

From time to time I noticed the tv would dimm itself then all of a sudden would become very Bright then back to dimm again,is that normal or is it some kind of anamoly with the tv? I have 30 days to exchange it if something is wrong so any input from you guys is much appreciated.

5. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Nice right, and now the 4k genie is out of the bottle it can't be put back in, and wiat until your see games 4k, just amazing.

6. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    I figured-out why the Tv was dimming like that-Energy saving mode was enabled ( Fixed ) I played Plants vs Zombies II on xbox one but I do not think it supports 2160p but rather 1080p still looks pretty damm good in my opinion. Looking forward to playing in true 4k.

airbud7 likes this.
  7. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Well if you don't own many games you could grab a month EA access pass or go for Xbox game pass, both have access to a pile of XBOX enhanced games for you to enjoy. ;)

airbud7 and nz3777 like this.
  8. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    Watch some 4k HDR content and be prepared to have your mind blown. I dont like that motion smoothing, it looks fake but to each their own. Even with it turned off, my gf also says she feels like she is in the movie! It is pretty cool when someone who knows nothing of this stuff says things like that. We watched all 8 Harry Potter movies on 4k HDR bluray with DTS:X and she told me if was like it was being recorded right in front of us. Pretty cool stuff! Congrats on an upgrade that you love man!

airbud7 and nz3777 like this.
  9. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Yeah 1st time my wife Ever commented anything positive about an electronics purchase lol I had to do a double-take make sure I wasnt dreaming haha.

Movies look Really cool, Iam still getting used to the higher refresh rates not even sure what my Lg is 60hertz or 120hz ? I will have to look into that...I bought a #40 dollar hdmi cable that supports 4k ++ whatever the hell that even means but I really do love it so far! Wish I could show you guys a picture but its really hard to upload anything on this site.

Thank you for all the comments btw.Cheers.Nz

airbud7 likes this.
  10. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    Now be prepared for your wallet to cry as you end up buying loads of 4k movies :D

Well I did...I recommend the panasonic ub820 if your after a UHD player. Dolby Vision discs look amazing on OLEDs.