Final Fantasy XV has been cracked four days prior to its official release

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by sammarbella, Mar 5, 2018.

1. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    https://www.dsogaming.com/news/fina...cked-four-days-prior-to-its-official-release/

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/fi...racked-two-days-before-its-even-released.html

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2018
  2. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    Good. We can finally see if drm eats or not cpu power.

airbud7 and fOrTy_7 like this.
  3. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Non Denuvo .exe "version" will eat less CPU resources for sure but i think we will not be able to compare exactly these two "versions": Expect the usual HUGE launch day patch.

Maybe HH can do this VS bench in an article (Denuvo "free" VS Denuvo "powered" version...)! :D

airbud7 likes this.
  4. BlueRay

BlueRay Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Origin is at fault as well. Square Enix was silly enough to not apply the DRM prior to the preload. As I see it both made a silly move.
    As for the crack well that wasn't something difficult since the game was unprotected to begin with.
    Also that's not the full game.
    For the CPU usage thing well it should use some CPU but how much I don't know.
    We still have no valid tests to compare since YouTubers and sites do not want to use illegal copies to make tests.

5. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    You can't compare what is not released yet, game launch on PC is tomorrow...

6. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Lol, not surprised.

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    If it's a good game it will sell good, even if it is pirated... The Witcher series is a good example of this.

TheDeeGee likes this.
  8. BlueRay

BlueRay Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    The launch for this specific game yes it is tomorrow but I was talking about the Denuvo CPU usage claim in general.
    I've yet to see actual proofs that Denuvo destroys performance or use too much CPU.

9. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I think this is because the "cracked" Denuvo games we saw until now were Denuvo bypassed not really cracked: Denuvo was still working on the "cracked" versions.

But this game .exe is fully Denuvo free right from the game dev and it will be possible to compare his performance VS the game dev Denuvo powered .exe.

airbud7 likes this.
  10. fOrTy_7

fOrTy_7 Guest

GPU:
    N/A
    Finally we would be able to see some Denuvo DRM benches.

As for pre-loading games, I personally pre-loaded only one game on Steam. I really have how it handles its downloads. It really makes a lot of garbage writes to your SSD drive.
    For example a 15GB game downloaded after release would make 30GB writes to you SSD.
    It first allocates the required amount of space on SSD writing some garbage temp files and data,
    then it downloads actual game data.
    If you pre-load a game then you get it encrypted and therefore you get at least additional 15GB of writes to SSD. Not to mention that the whole decrypt process takes similar amount of time to what
    would take to download a full unencrypted game after release. And games these days easily get 50-60GB base size.

Origin on the other hand writes as many data as you download +/- compression to save up of network traffic. I hope they won't change if after this affair.

11. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    They deserve it - I cancelled my pre order after they "suddenly" announce it had denuvo - those bastards starts sneaking it quietly now....

12. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Ouch. Hard to feel bad for them with throwing denuvo in it at the last second. I wonder if the cracked version runs smoother. Usually the case.

13. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I thought the demo .exe was bad, but that's just asking for trouble.

14. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    SE won't remove Denuvo though. They never removed it from Nier Automata or any other game for that matter. Hell they never even patched Nier Automata to have proper resolution support... or to stop crashing. They just assume you'll use the community mod to fix the resolution, and inefficiency issues (lighting takes 99.99% of your GPU, good job), and a cracked exe to fix the crashes. And they're still selling it at launch price too.

15. giri.placid

giri.placid Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    Regarding pirating... I started purchasing games years ago as soon as I started earning. Now I even buy the old ones. I love steam, origin, uplay as they store and update my games indefinitely. An illegal copy is just not worth the guilt.

16. JOHN30011887

JOHN30011887 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070Ti
    They will prob still use denuvo, they didnt bother removing it out of Rise of the tomb raider and that game was cracked twice, i hope they eventually remove it though

17. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    What is this "guilt" thing you speak of?

airbud7 and lucidus like this.
  18. giri.placid

giri.placid Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    Not buying when you can...

19. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Some people just don't care. My roommate in college makes like $200K a year now and still pirates every single game that he can because he can.

airbud7 likes this.
  20. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I buy 98% of the games I play. If a game seems suspect, I'll pirate it to test it as a demo. If it's good, I buy it. Fortunately this had a demo, save time, bandwidth and cash. Wont be buying or pirating.

airbud7 and The Phoenix like this.