GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 391.05 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Susahamat, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    What was wrong with it on Battlefield 1?

2. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
  3. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Is there any way to get Nvidia Update 2.13.0.22 without installing these drivers? Looking to update my 388.84 game profiles. I extracted the drivers you posted but I can't seem to find the nvidia updater. Seems the only way to get it is to install the display drivers.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  4. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    it seems that i will pass this ones probably wil stick with 388,84 so far so good for me.

5. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    Maybe you should read your own post again? You specifically talk about this driver, and make it sound quite a bit like complaining that your issue isn't fixed yet.

Besides, if you didn't expect any changes, why even post? Hotfix drivers are very specific fixes for very specific things, they generally don't include anything undocumented.

tensai28 likes this.
  6. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Gsync in Windowed mode still broken sadly. Example - Stellaris 2.0.1 / Dark Souls.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Broken in what way?

Do you mean the 24 FPS bug, where games randomly drop and stick to sub-30 FPS framerates?

I’ve experienced this issue in many games, mostly Unity Engine games (an engine that by default does not support exclusive fullscreen mode), since upgrading to Windows 10 v1709 (Fall Creators Update).

cryohellinc likes this.
  8. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Then don't post in the Hotfix driver topic if your issue isn't regarding these drivers. It's very misleading. What if the issue was fixed and just not mentioned? You would drive away people from testing it even though you didn't even try it. I don't know why you are shocked by the response you got. Also try to be more civil. This is guru3d not reddit.

shaga likes this.
  9. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Yes exactly, Nvidia announced in last driver fixes (I think) that they fixed it. Well for me issues is still there, hence Id say its not true.

10. Cyris

Cyris Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    I had to recompile the driver package, there was an error on unpacking ..
    Delete the following files and directories and replace them with those from the 391.05 driver package
    • Display.Update
    • NvBackend
    • Update.Core
    • Setup.cfg

11. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I didn't have any error unpacking. I used 7zip. The problem I'm having is I don't want to install these drivers. I just want to update the game profiles on my 388.84 drivers because you said that was possible in a previous comment. However I am unable to find to use the Nvidia update program without installing the display drivers (which I don't want).

12. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Hitches after some random display mode change are still in this one.

I wonder if it's in any way related to "-After PC is left on for extended period of time, HDCP may be lost cause HTC Vive/Oculus Rift to launch to a black screen. Rebooting PC resolves issue."...

tiliarou likes this.
  13. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Lol. Maybe thats why i said its the same crap as the prev. driver!? And no, i didnt try/test it, just saying. Course i did! Sigh...nvm, useless discussion.

Just keep bashing. Its not like other people arent saying the same even if its not mentioned as in fixed!

14. jdc2389

jdc2389 Guest

GPU:
    980ti 1408/3650
    Driver works fine on maxwell, no need to bother with previous ones 388.84 doesn't run any better, that one seems worse for me.

15. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti
    works great here , no issues at all

16. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    with 391.01 i had a problem it didnt recognize my 3rd monitor (DVI Port) with gtx 1080
    does anyone know if this fix it?

17. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    i wil not update for now only profiles nvidia will drop out some good drivers they are just thinking.

18. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Do you know how to update the profiles without installing the drivers? I'm trying to update my profiles on 388.84.

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I got this stuttering (1 sec long) every 2-3 minutes so I updated to the hotfix driver - same problem. I also did one DDU - same problem. Then I realized that it wasn't the driver, it was Steam :D See, I have preloaded FFXV but the task bar icon is still yellow. For some reason this gives me these stutters in all Steam games but when I tried playing WoW or Destiny 2 (Battle.Net) or NFS Payback (Origin) I don't have a single stutter :D Weird right?

20. Cyris

Cyris Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    You can use this Driver atm Nvidia R388.84 VK for the Profile Updater..

tensai28 likes this.