Geforce Game Ready 391.01 Driver - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Thanks I will give them a try

2. NEChris

NEChris Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 3GB
  3. jazz9

jazz9 Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    Went back to 388.84, they're just a lot smoother on my system
    Frametimes can be all over the place at times with 391.01 (+other issues mentioned here with MPC-HC, Netflix...)

tensai28 likes this.
  4. grabibus

grabibus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    Flashing shadows solved in COD WWII

5. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    This driver (and possibly every older ones as well) has several issues in this Graphicsfuzzer test, http://www.graphicsfuzz.com/ [if you scroll down, there is a demo which runs through the 15 tests]. I hope @ManuelG is aware of these already to get them fixed in the future for a more reliable web experience.

6. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    I have decided to keep the 388.84 Vulkan drivers hosted up in my thread indefinitely for posterity in the "free of crap" form of installation as it seems like there are enough reports to support the fact they are likely the best overall drivers as of now for nVidia users. I hope it is of some benefit for the users here.

7. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Some1 else think this driver is worse for BF1 than the previous one? I dont know if its the game or the driver with the recent performance problems in the game.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Anybody seeing higher cpu usage with these newer drivers? I noticed it ~ 388.xx+, especially these 390.xx.. I remember back in the past 290.xx had higher cpu usage too lol its like history repeating itself, I saw it by ungine Heaven back then.

Well, I played COD Blackops3 without vsync before, but now at 144hz its at 90-98% per thread almost all the time @ DSR 2880x1620

EDIT_:
    graph
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

It has low spikes then hammering the threads.. its like something in rendering too much on cpu..

few more examples
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've noticed an issue only with this driver... I have a G-SYNC display, an ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q monitor, and so I usually set V-Sync to ON in the NVIDIA Global Profile after every driver install and click on Apply then disable V-Sync in the games themselves. However, with this driver the V-Sync setting keeps resetting to Use 3D Application Setting which means I can see the framerate in games go above 165 fps, the maximum refresh of my 165 Hz screen. I have an EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 and use Windows 10 Pro v1709.

Never had problems with V-Sync prior to this driver as it would always remain enabled unless I actually changed it. Anyone else experiencing a similar issue?

10. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It really is not. Anything below 5% is well within margin of error.

I've done almost all my benchmarks and there is no apparent performance difference between this driver and 390.65 which I benchmarked previously.

11. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I’m having the same issue, just have to enable v-sync in game for now I guess.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  13. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I hear this "margin of error" all the time. So you'd be okay with a 1-2fps drop per driver? 5 drivers later you could have lost up to 10fps.

14. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    At that point you could compare driver 1 and driver 5, and get an actual meaningful result.

The benchmark in question is invalid anyway because not only did the OC change between tests, there also was the entire spectre/meltdown patching in between, as stated by him. Gotta benchmark both drivers on the exact same configuration to draw actual conclusions.

15. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    But you don't. Five drivers later you get the same fps +-1-2. This is how "margin of error" works.

16. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    They broke custom resolution with 391.01 again. The custom refresh rates are not sticking.

17. k37chup

k37chup Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 4070
    SLI for Warhammer: Vermintide 2 doesn't work on 980ti. Anyone with 980ti got it working?

18. fpollan

fpollan Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward 1080GLH
    I always do what you indicate. Vsync activated in the control panel and desactivated in the game. Use X34 Predator and Asus 1080ti. Is the driver's error or should we change the way we act from now? Opinión?

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I do the same as you with V-sync but I don't have the same problem. Played a bit of FFXV on my monitor and it stuck at 95fps with V-sync disabled ingame.

20. rafaelfborges

rafaelfborges Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770
    I have had problems with this driver in Windows 10 and my GTX 770. Some tasks like opening and closing windows, opening videos with media player classic and accessing netflix through chrome, cause small crashs, which is only felt while I am moving the mouse. I formatted my PC and try reinstall the driver in a fresh install, and had exactly the same problem after reboot. I just got back to version 390.77 and everything went back to normal. I think it is an isolated case of incompatibility, new boards should not be experiencing this with this driver.