Ever heard of this conspiracy before?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Phragmeister, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    I've done this many times. It's become a ritual in itself for people to switch the TV on.

Try going a few days, or even a day without switching on the TV and see how you feel. Why the urge to switch it on? Gonna' miss your daily programming? Don't like the thought of sitting without the noise you've been conditioned to need?

I honestly believe TV has had a massively detrimental effect on the human psyche and destroyed the way we perceive the world and each other.

Sean Parker (ex-President of FB) recently admitted that FB is "ripping apart the social fabric of how society works"

FB was launched 14 years ago. If FB is indeed ripping apart social fabric, what is the extent of the damage TV has caused?

Something to be mindful of.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    Lex Luthor, airbud7 and jaggerwild like this.
  2. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I go days without TV. I've never been big on TV. I never understood why I would want to watch a fictional life of someone else's rather than live my own. When I do watch TV, it's news. So..fictional life. ;)

I personally find the internet far more addicting. It's a great tool for little people like me with things to say, to be able to say them. We all feel our opinions matter and that we need to announce it. Ego maybe, I dunno. Internet gives you that illusion that your statement or opinions matter. Look at this thread. Myself included.

Facebook is garbage. I haven't had an account in quite sometime and I don't miss it. I had a few people that fell out of my life and it was nice to stay in touch with them through the website. But I realized one day, if I'm only communicating with them infrequently through a social media site, they probably don't really matter in my life and I can cut contact. Now I can barely remember who it was I was staying in contact with that was supposedly so important all that time ago lol.

Everything is used against us. It's how you choose to live. TV is noise and false information. Advertising, deception, fear, control. Technology is used to watch over us. Etc.Kind of sucks going into "rabbit holes". You can't take it back. I miss being ignorant, sometimes. Ignorant in a different way, not ignorant in regards to my posting personality.

Lex Luthor, airbud7 and Phragmeister like this.
  3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I do not believe this at all. However....
    doesn't stop it from being creepy as f**k :eek::confused:

Imagine that actually happening to you... eek!

4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Imagine watching a fine movie produced by the fellas at BangBros. and one of these bubble butted, big boobed, walking herpes jumped out and sat atop you, draping your penis with their beef curtains. Yikes.

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Only time I really watch TV is for sports. My wife watches the morning news.

6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Seem's whoever came up with it never saw this on TV in the 70s. :eek: lol

7. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    I closed my facebook, I dont need to hear every time someone gets a hang nail, or see what they are eating. It really is boring, so i just closed it. I use an alternate for my games on there............All it is, is a place for them to gather free information on us that people freely give LOLZ!
    Need to know about me come and ask me in person ill talk your ear off!!!

airbud7 and Serotonin like this.
  8. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    ;)

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I already KNOW my phone is listening to me, locating me, tracking me, maybe even spying on me, and tbh I couldn't give a sh*t, the main difference here is, my phone has the ability to do all that, the TV doesn't

10. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I'd like to think a smart TV with an Android OS has the ability for gps, camera, voice, etc. All the spying necessities. To my understanding, Google is just an extension of the CIA. So Androids are just walking monitoring systems. Not that Apple or Microsoft aren't.

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    An OS does not automatically add the hardware required for all of the above

Best they cold do with GPS would be use the net to vaguely locate you, which doesn't really work well, without camera, mic, and proper GPS hardware, it's just a dumb TV

airbud7 likes this.
  12. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    An OS creates the environment for spying. Most smart tv's now have webcams and mics for you to talk right into the remote. GPS can't follow you, but it gets a legit check mark on where you sleep and eat. Good enough. I mean, whatever. I'm not saying a hand is going to literally reach out of the screen and grab you. But they definitely are tracking all of us. Spectre and Meltdown. Read up on how they were created and who knew about it. Eye-opener.

13. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    facebook is losing its appeal like everything does eventually...

and don't text me a question when you could call and I could tell you what you want to know in 1 second...

Samuel Morse's invention still ain't got nothing on A.G. Bell

jaggerwild and Serotonin like this.
  14. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I'm so guilty of this! :p:D

airbud7 likes this.
  15. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Google Maps shows my exact location!...I use Google Microphone all the time too...
    they got me for sure...however/ none of that stuff bothers me, I love the convenience of modern day technology.

My TV is connected to the same Gateway.

Edit: I just got paranoid reading my own post^ ...good weed for sure...:D

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    Serotonin likes this.

16. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Well the thread subject is can the people on the TV see you? - Answer is no

Bothered? Stop using a smartphone

airbud7 likes this.
  17. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I could do without the tracking, but I'm not terribly bothered by it. People for the most part need herding. I get it from a variety of perspectives. I agree with some. Some I do not.

Side note, a report came about about a month ago that shows even when you turn your location services off, google still tracks you if you're using an android phone. I'm sure iphones are as guilty, but the test was done with Android/Google.

18. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    So you don't believe Extraordinary stuff can really happen? ....:D

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    :D Not if the hardware is not present, no :D

Someone on YT would have taken a TV to bits to prove we're being spied on by now

airbud7 likes this.
  20. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    You never know...

airbud7 likes this.