Final Fantasy XV demo for PC is out

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Square Enix has released a demo for the PC version of Final Fantasy XV. This demo is 20GB in size and will feature the first Chapter and will allow players to fully explore the tutorial and opening qu...

Final Fantasy XV demo for PC is out

Chechar51 and KissSh0t like this.
  2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Actual Real PC Demo!?

[​IMG]

Chechar51, Clawedge, RzrTrek and 2 others like this.
  3. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    The main character gives me cringes.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Any chance of a quick performance test? The only thing you can't outright enable is VXAO and even that can be forced plus aside from some quirks it seems to be doing well in comparison to the benchmark though there's some reported graphical anomalies for both AMD and NVIDIA and due to the complexity of the effects Turf, PCSS (And HFTS) and Hairworks do a number on framerate for both AMD and NVIDIA GPU's. :D

EDIT: VXAO.
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/fi...dition-demo-thread.25835/page-10#post-4968788

(And from some of the screenshots spread throughout the thread Ansel is doing some fun stuff to certain shader effects, thought the new implementation driver wise limited this side effect but I guess it depends on how the game also implements it.)

5. specialkone

specialkone Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1080TIOC
    Played about 15 minutes of the FFXV demo so far. IMHO great improvement over the stutter fest the February 1 benchmark was. Running at 1080P GFE recommended settings with resolution scale 150. No stutters so far. Graphics are sweet. You have to watch the you tube video at least at 1080P full screen to see the AB/RTSS OSD numbers clearly.

6. token2k8

token2k8 Guest

GPU:
    980 SLI
    I ran on highest at 3440 * 1440 with a Ryzen 1800x and 1080 ti and got 60 fps for the most part but I did have some really nasty 20fps dips, mainly when transitioning from a cutscene to gameplay or during hectic combat.

7. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    It's not often you get to try a game demo these days.

Fender178 and lmimmfn like this.
  8. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Yeah seriously. Companies keep whining about pirates, when they don't realize that a large percentage of them just want a demo.

Though to be fair, so many games now are open-world, which makes demos a little difficult. Even 20GB for FFXV is a lot.

9. Moto_Life

Moto_Life Active Member

GPU:
    Msi 1070 gaming X
    I cant get audio unless i use headphones for some reason. I checked playback devices and it should be good. Anyone else have this problem?

10. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Exactly. Resident evil 7 was a day one purchase for me because I loved the demo. This game will be as well. I've ended up pirating some games mainly because I wasn't sure if I would like it or not. If a demo had been present, I would have gladly just stuck to the demo. I remember a time when games always had demos and I would always base my game purchases on those demos. Really miss that.

Loophole35 and schmidtbag like this.

11. pato

pato Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060TI
    Do you maybe have changed the bitrate for the Default Format in the advanced audio settings of the Playback Device in Windows? I've seen games in the past which didn't like this. Restore it to defaults and test again.

12. Moto_Life

Moto_Life Active Member

GPU:
    Msi 1070 gaming X
    I double checked it was using the defaults and it is. I never had this problem before and im not going to worry about it unless it happens with the full game when i buy it.

EDIT: I just looked in the steam forums and it seems to be a common problem and has something to do with the 5.1 People are saying stereo or 7.1 will work.

13. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I heard some people were having issues with 5.1 sound, try stereo.

This game is ridiculously taxing, and doesn't give individual options such as disabling the damn depth of field. And as usual, it has some arbitrary frame rate limit. It's not UE4 so disabling effects like DoF through commands in an ini isn't as easy as it should be, and I don't know if it covers the same range of options as UE4.

14. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    riddle me this,the first scene runnin from the fire works,then the lil cutscene works,then it starts loading freezes up an closes,ive done tried,new and old drivers,defrag an chkdsk the harddrive,downclocked cpu to stock an videocard to stock made sure directx an vc redistribution packages were installed,still nothin,every other game on my pc runs well with no freezing or locking up,only thing i can think of is that win 10 build 17093 has issues guess i will try an update to a new build an see what happens

edit: tried the newest build an same issue,even turned the preset to low for everything an still same issue smh

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  15. Chechar51

Chechar51 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti
    45 fps on maxed out settings at 4k, i am anxious to get to play the game, i really enjoyed this demo

16. Killian38

Killian38 Guest

GPU:
    No problem playing this Demo with a ryzen and gtx 1060. I thought the demo sucked tho. I'll try it again just to see but this is not the FF I use to play. The controls are the worst I have ever seen. Those that like it, please point me to a way I can control it with out using 2 hands and a foot.

17. pucidbu2018

pucidbu2018 Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX980
    I tried the Nvidia inspector settings found at
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1036230/final-fantasy-xv-sli-mgpu-support/ and applied to the DEMO executable. In particular I've applied the point 11 to the GraphicsConfig_Demo and GraphicsConfig_Gamescom2017 INI files, manually set Nvidia Hairworks/ShadowLibs/TurfEffects to off and the AA to FXAA (in game). With these settings I got average 50fps at 3440x1440 with 2xGTX980 with all settings to maximum. Not very bad

18. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    20Gb is the size of the playable demo makes me wonder how big the full game is. I know the required amount is 100Gb. I wish SE would do is give us the choice on whether we want the Japanese voices or not because that would save us a ton of HDD space.

19. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    SE are 100% retarded when it comes to anything to do with PC ports. With any of their releases you have to manually delete the Japanese files because they're usually half of the total file size. Even when the audio is separate files from the videos they still have duplicate video files most of the time. IIRC FF13 upon download from Steam was 25GB... after deleting duplicate files and moving the English movie files to an HDD to symbolic link... 9GB. Even this demo can be reduced by a chunk by deleting the few duplicate Japanese videos it has. But be careful not to delete everything labeled Japanese in SE game files, sometimes they're the only copy of a file, no English variant.

20. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Yeah FFXIII takes up way too much space because of having both the Japanese and English voices. Yeah thank the steam guides on what you can and cannot delete as far as having only one language. and SE really does not care.