Geforce driver 390.77 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Robert84MK, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Festyr

Festyr Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 OC 12GB
    So far so good here. No problems GTX 1080 F.E.

2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    That's because it's a monitor issue triggered by Windows and has nothing to do with any GTX, 1080 or not.

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Bold part already says you can't pin point it to something specific... but complaining about the NV GPU.
    Did you try another card to see if it happens too with an older NV card? Older drivers? AMD GPU? Same driver / GPU in another system? What did you do to see where the issue is? Maybe we can help you find it, like TJ already is trying to do.

Honestly, I've had sleep issues with older PCs too, and at those times they were definately not caused by a GPU driver but by windows...
    And coincidentally, I did watch twitch over FF on Saturday and had no crashes whatsoever with my 1080Ti Pascal card / latest drivers. I guess I am a magician!

4. rasfire

rasfire Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080 FTW
    Is this concerning the 390.77 with your GTX980TI!? I'm using 387.92 for a while now without any problems. I'm on win10 Pro 1709 and have Game Bar disabled through the game menu in windows settings(I find this the most responsive gameplay experience imho :))

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes, I went back to this 390.77 after a while, 390.85 was ok but I had one random freeze in one of my fav games, that wasn't there with 390.77.

Will try this newest 391.01 in few moments. :)

6. OceanOrigami

OceanOrigami Guest

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 950 2G
    Can anyone help me figure out why some of my games freeze for a few seconds and unfreeze during gameplay. Just experienced it on Titan Fall 2, Rise of Tomb Raider but not on Prey it seems. Very confused but what I saw is the GPU use drops to 0 during the freeze. How can I determine cause? Event Viewer doesn't show anything abnormal.

GPU not overclocked, closed Afterburner tested again and it still occurred. I am looking for some answers.

i5 7400
    Game is on 128GB Micron M550 SSD
    MSI GTX 1070 Ti 8G Armor

7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I know it's probably not on anybody's list here, but this driver (compared to 38x.xx) has some issues with Hearthstone for me.
    Normally the game's fine, but if I don't alt-tab at a game's start, every effect (like playing a card, drawing one, dropping a minion, attacking etc.) gives me framedrops from 142 down to 24... making it a noticably stuttery thing. Alttabbing at the start of a game makes it run buttery smooth though.
    Any hints / tips in regard to that? I'm running the game fullscreen btw, so I don't think it's the usual windowed mode + Gsync issue.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I need to run tests again on my whole system, last night power went out for second cause a power line transformer blew and start flashing ever ever 3 seconds till it caught fire, thing is ever in the house flickered off in the time including my monitor, which starting turning on and like i just switched it on and kept show the "asus" screen as it came on and off, my computer on the other hand seem to be still running, was still look at same notepad file i had open, no reset no reboot( cause then notepad file would not be open) mouse and keyboard was working fine other then monitor turning on and off. so shut down my pc for the day.

I turned on my pc for again and boot normally and seem to be running normal, only error i have in eventviewer is a lan disconnect from my network card at time power line transformer caught fire, I am assuming power lines switched over to another route before any bad really happen? seeing power never really went out just flickered.

I guess i need to run test on 1070ti to make sure it working as it should. I assuming the PSU protected my system from power flicker? or maybe it was my cyberpower surge protector. nothing in this pc is still under warranty other then 1070ti at this point. I hope nothing bad happen to system.

I just did quick test on 4 games i play and they all seem to running like the should, at later time I will doe 2-4 hour gaming test to make sure nothing odd pops up.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018