Geforce driver 390.77 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Robert84MK, Jan 29, 2018.

1. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    I don't think there is a WDDM 2.4 in the next update. Nevertheless they may be working on a new driver for the new OS version - or for the new cards rumored to be presented in March.

2. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    It's the new cards coming out. That's why pretty much nothing after 388.84 was worth using and every driver made in the past few months brings no real improvements. Also the lack of competition from AMD gives Nvidia very little incentive to do much of anything.

3. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7700 XT
    Or maybe it's just there's no big game around warranting a Game-Ready driver?

I'd wager FF XV release we'll see a new GR driver.

4. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Why does it have to be a game ready driver? Why not bug fixes, improving performance and optimizations?

5. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Can you fill out the feedback form below so we can look into this?

https://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=6e7ea6bb4a02641fa8f07694a40f8ac6

Make sure to include how each of your monitors are connected to your graphics card.

6. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    I can't believe how bad support is going to be for Pascal once the new gen hits. This is by far the worst card I have had in recent memory considering the abysmal driver support and with new cards in the pipe we 10 series users are only going to get shuffled back more in the priority line while they struggled to keep up decent drivers while we were priority number 1. It does not bode we for us... Very powerful card but some truly terrible driver support since I bought it. My Maxwell card hardly ever had any troubles while I deal with Pascal crap all the time that usually boils down driver issues and knowing nVidia they sure don't care about their last gen products as much as AMD does. I wish they took a page out of the AMD book on that one... Ah, well. I guess we will see what happens but I am not optimistic.

7. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I can't think of anything wrong with Pascal which is specifically Pascal related. We'll be fine.

I'm also not sure if it's a joke or sarcasm in the AMD part since you should really do some research before claiming such nonsense.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I had this in the past by some games or in general worse perf., More sluggish feel.

Its nothing new. I think I saw this few times by Kepler or it was more of a hot topic back then.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i have no problems with my 1070ti or the drivers

10. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Only the Firefox Quantum and twitch issues was bugging me with the display driver crashing from 387 onwards. Apart from that, I can't really complain.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah the tdr issue with firefox quantum is only thing that bother me . but it only happen once and doesnt happen in any game, other wise 1070ti works like charm

Now if only i could tear my self away from my ps4 and all the games bought for that to finish witcher 2 then witcher 3 and then get around to Deux ex MD and maybe skyrim for once. atlest i know i can run them all 60fps stable with no problem now

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  12. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    No such issue. I think is your personal issue. Why don't you give your card as a giveaway?

13. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Lot of irony in your statement.

I have zero issues with 2 pascal setups and 1 mobile pascal setup.
    Rock solid.

14. zig11727

zig11727 Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080 Ti
    No problems with Pascal cards and I owned 3 .

15. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Well it is nice to hear that some people here have had good experiences with Pascal and unfortunately that is not the case for me. I have stress tested each component of my PC for 12-24 hours and everything is rock solid yet I have more crashing and driver errors than any past time I can remember. I can run Prime95 for 24 hours no problem, I can run 3D synthetic benchmarks for 4-8 hours each no problem, and I have tested my RAM with a variety of methods... no problem. On Maxwell I has no such issues and on Pascal I seems to have tons of issues. Also, for the AMD statement, my friend still has his 7950 and is STILL receiving optimization update that improve performance across the board and not just for a single game like nVidia does because they are as optimized as possible in general terms from Maxwell which Pascal is just shrink of. AMD is doing a much better job of supporting their past generations than nVidia does and all anyone has to do is go out there and speak to anyone with an AMD card. That being said I am stuck with nVidia and boy would I sure ever like a stable system. Sometimes I can game for hours and with the same game sometimes I crash uncontrollably and none of it is due to hardware instability. I don't really remember crashing at all on my Maxwell card (980). It could have to do with the fact that I was able to edit my BIOS on my Maxwell card and do away with Afterburner as my voltages and clocks were baked into the bios while I cannot do that with the seriously crappy (for overclockers) GPU boost 3.0. I also find that most people who say they have no problems while a heck of a lot of people are with the same hardware tend to be the people who shrug off things and tend to not remember they do have some problems as Pascal owners have been constantly complaining across the internet more than usual for a GPU generation from what I have read but, hey, what can you do. I want my system to be rock solid and everything I have done with my previous systems I have done with this one and it all checks out yet my 3D experience has been the poorest in terms of bugs, stability, and overall driver support when it comes to Pascal. That is my experience and I wish I knew what to do.

@khanmein sure man I'll just give this card away... any takers? I'll even pay the shipping! o_O

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    Well since 1070Ti is so "new" it could be 1070Ti specific bugs, some people here are also I don't get crash its your gpu, while in fact its certain gpu chip specific.. Like now, instead of trolling Mott why not be helpful?

Few examples;
    680GTX tdr's back in the past or Fermi tdr while browsing, affected mostly 460gtx, luckly I didnt have neither but I also used 570gtx back then.
    I had few maxwell 980ti issues too at first, some games didn't boost properly and would hardlock gpu or driver tdr.. I also remember this particular issue with 780GTX in Grid2, it got fixed later..

It could also be your 1070Ti bios specific, might add that to nv report, or check asus for bios updates.. Maybe it has voltage issues or too high boost or maybe memory OC issue if factory OC'ed?

So which games are causing trouble?
    Or is it only after you resume from sleep, then you get fps drops and stability issues?

17. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Running perfect for me on a 1070

18. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    I don't see how expressing my experience and opinion is trolling but if that is how you want to see then you go for it; if anything it was khanmein telling me to give away my card that is the troll here . As for my chip, clocks, vram etc I can run any benchmark all day and sometimes play any game as long as I want and sometimes be playing the same game with crashing too much to want to continue. I am annoyed because there seems to be no rime or reason for the crashing. It doesn't seem to have to do with the game but just the random timing and believe me I have tried to pin down exact causes of the crashes but it doesn't seem to have any pattern. I have analyzed the event viewer and have learned with Pascal (which is the first card I have ever had to do this) to never play games when coming out of sleep as mostly I just crash. I always just shut down my PC when I am done with it now and fresh boot it when I am ready to use it while before I would just put any PC of mine to sleep and have no problems once woken up playing games. It is curious because so many people crash in FF while I don't yet I have all these other problems and when you go through the nVidia threads on various sites (including this one) you see people with Pascal complaining by far the most. I have also searched for an updated bios and tried everything I know in order to make it rock solid like all the PCs I have ever owned before. I don't think it is a problem with the card or my other hardware as I have ran them through as the diagnostics and think it is a problem with nVidia's software and Windows. As for the 1070 Ti being new it just a variant on existing architecture so I don't see why that would be an issue. All the did was take the bad 1080s, cut them down and slapped on worse RAM so the 1080 wouldn't be cannibalized. I would have returned it if it wasn't rock solid in every benchmark I have ever thrown at it which is how I have always tested my cards. I love the card when it works but I have had WAY, WAY more problems with this one than any other card I have owned. It sucks and I wish it wasn't the case but that is my predicament.

Maybe I am doing something wrong. Maybe the software sucks. Maybe the card is too new as you suggest. Maybe something I am not catching is screwing it up. Whatever it is I haven't had this much frustration with a card before.

That's all.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I defended you, not that I said you're trolling;)

Well I know its old arch, but bios can be a cause too, maybe nv does t have it in registered properly.

There was a time by maxwell when nvidia asked custom 980ti owners for bios version, might report in the link ManuelG posted

All what you said until now looks like there is a driver+your gpu (bios) specific if others don't have it as much..

Another good example the divison and green artifacts, I never had that, but there were 1-2 users here with 1080gtx they both have it, while other 1080gtx owners don't.

20. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    @Mott No offense, I'll never use Prime95 & OCCT anymore to stress my PC. FYI, I never OC my GTX 1070 yet, but I did OC my previous GTX 970 (Samsung memory + coil whine). Apparently, I faced more TDRs on GTX 970 than my GTX 1070. Moreover, both Maxwell & Pascal have their own issues, but NVIDIA fixed it. The owner who bought my card, never complain a single issue for more than 1 year of usage (I bought the card during Dec' 2014).

Let me guess, your PSU (Corsair CS650M) might be degraded significantly after you stressed during Maxwell card or maybe the Ryzen OC is not stable that caused the crash.

OT: Seriously, if you can give it me for free, I can pay the shipping fees (I'll PM the address to you). FYI, I have a relative staying in Canada for 30 years & owned Canada Citizenship too. (No kidding)