Motherboard for RYZEN 3 2200G?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by testcy, Feb 25, 2018.

1. testcy

testcy Guest

GPU:
    -----
    I have asked this elsewhere in the forum, but does the graphics of RYZEN 3 2200G (RADEON VEGA 8) support 4K? If yes, which motherboard do I need to use as I can't find one that supports either DP 1.4 or hdmi 2.

2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    4K support = Yes it does.

Which motherboard do I need ? = Any available AM4 motherboard with hdmi and dvi-d ports.

DP 1.4 is not available on the AM4 motherboards , only DVI-D port and HDMI 1.4 port are availble. HDMI 1.4 already supports 4K playback and it does supports resolutions up to 4K UHD HDR ( 4096x2160 ).

Just buy any current motherboard AM4 with a HDMI port and DVI-D and you are good to go for 4K.

Sources:

https://community.amd.com/community...n-desktop-processor-with-radeon-vega-graphics

https://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_1_4/4K.aspx

[​IMG]

3. testcy

testcy Guest

GPU:
    -----
    Does it also support H.265? I see no reference about this.

I have checked several AM4 motherboards and not all support 4K. From the ones that do, the majority is 4K at 24Hz and not 60Hz. Someone suggested elsewhere in the forum a few B350 motherboards that support 60Hz through DisplayPort, but I am having difficulty finding them in the local market.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  4. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I don't know about H.265 , 4K support only with hdmi or displayport , vga nor dvi-d supports 4k. I see what you mean i looked around a few motherboards and every motherboard has different ports :/ , what a mess , some do have old vga ports , most have dvi-d , most have hdmi and only a couple of motherboards have display port.

Now it's up to you to dedicate some time and do an in depth research on each motherboard that it is available to you to see if it meets what you require of them. Go to the manufacturer websites for that motherboard and download the Manuals for each one respectively. Good luck and i hope you will find what you are looking for.

Regards: Chispy

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
  6. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

The X370 boards currently out do support those CPU's, as long as they're updated. The X470 and other boards come out very shortly, they may have improved support.