Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Lands Feb 20

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 19, 2018.

1. vonSternberg

vonSternberg Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 560D
    I'll finally be able to enjoy AoE1 then :D

2. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    MS support will be fun. The most generic, simplistic solutions will be offered for all issues: update drivers, run SFC, restart PC, etc.

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Everything except refunds :p

4. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)

5. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Yeah because no Steam release has ever been a disaster like this......
    Everyone has problems and I don't think you can put all the blame on what Store you use. I think every platform has had issues like this.

6. kruno

kruno Master Guru

GPU:
    4890/1
    Well there is big difference between Steam release and MS Store release,first and foremost this is MS's premium service "the way of future" that they are forcefully shoveling down our throats (and also they try very hard to shovel us on the "other" end as well) there shouldn't be f**k ups like this,second this also MS's first party game that they "upgraded" and packaged and what not,and third compere that to Steam release where everybody including you and me and this entire forum can release game, a lot can go wrong with third party platform like Steam,miscommunication between developer-publisher-Steam, etc... MS game on MS store and it's f**ked , really dude that is difference high as difference between heaven and earth.

7. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    It's all about % of mistakes and disasters.Considering the amount of releases on Steam it's "failures" rate is very low but on MS store it's a very different story.

By his own merits Windows 10 store is following the way of GFWL: the way of the dodo...

...if MS is not going to change it A LOT or "simply" buy Steam.

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I'm old enough to remember when Steam was a disaster, but nowadays we have people re-buying games just to have it on their "collection"

It's up to a publisher how they release the game, and if they decide to go for less sales and higher margins that is their business. If you don't like it then don't buy it.

I only own one store game (GOW4) and while i have no issues that i recall, i (other than benchmark) have also spent very little time with the game.
    HTPC apps like Netflix and Kodi are pretty much flawless with the store though.

9. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Hope will not ever happen,will be bad for gamers.Monopoly on OS consumer market,monopoly on gaming platform.

10. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Piracy against idiotic monopoly is far more than legit. It is my call and my money belonging to my account. As long as they do not meet my requirements, I am fully authorized to pirate against the sharks. I do not love sharks. They are not that helpful at all in the ecosystem.

I own legit windows pro and legit office pro from them and games from steam etc. They should at least feel honored that I use their OS as a base to 3rd party applications. Stop being ignorant as their defendant. I have never bought anything from MS store. And neither I will.