Qualcomm rejects Broadcom bid of 121 billion dollars

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    [​IMG]

Koniakki likes this.
  3. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    The nerve! Offering just a few measly billions. Cheaps. Pfff. I wouldn't had taken it either.

Nuh.... Who am I kidding... :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  4. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Shut up and take my...

5. pimpineasy

pimpineasy Guest

GPU:
    1050ti/Rx570
    If i was invested in this company id be glad they rejected that crap in all my years of being a pc enthusiast broadcom has produced sub par consumer products. Nothing innovative nexgen or high quality for lower price point quite the opposite they just suck up IP and sell it. Even a quick search will net you results of stock fraud and lack of innovation and quality in their wifi driver stack. i dont really give a dam about the suits and they fraud it is common practice in that field but having shitty driver support and cheap china chip set and claim your innovative is a real issuse for this guru.

Currently, qualcomm's intellectual property portfolio and SOC's are pretty good quality. Over the last decade qualcomm has given the world in my eyes the best Arm soc and performance per dollar vs other arm competitors and x86 counterpart intel & amd. I think they should find a company that would invest in innovation and continue producing low cost quality products like their soc & radios, as well as, high quality high performance consumer electronics.

If not whats is left china soc, apple & samsung soc? powervr? mediatek? fk that i want ATI biotch hhaah. Broadcomm gets qualcomm and few years down the road it turning into a cheap china soc with spoofed specs bad power consumption that blow up after 2 months use but still want top dollar.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Broadcom produces subpar consumer products? I own several Broadcom, Intel and Realtek based network cards. I'll take Broadcom over Intel and Realtek any day of the week. As for wireless networking, Qualcomm and their Atheros wifi chips are a damn joke that's almost as bad as "Killer wifi".... Even Rivet (owners of the Killer branding) don't bother with Qualcomm anymore. Now Intel is producing the "Killer" wifi chips.

7. SHS

SHS Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    I think you have backward as qualcomm has been under lots heat with lawsuit and much as it pain me to say it I agree sykozis their Atheros Wi-Fi chips are a damn joke from hell but I prefer Realtek any day over all other which I have been using for min years all back to old ISA 8019 I even has one of there SVGA ISA Video card but the Trident Video card where much better.

8. xrodney

xrodney Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 7900 XTX
    I am currently using Intel Server NIC I350-T4V2 and and there is nothing Broadcom have coming even close in speed and stability.
    Broadcom maybe use good soc in enterprise network devices from Cisco and Juniper, but in destop area they were allways behind and had tons of issues with drivers.

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I've switched back and forth between several Intel NICs, both consumer and workstation oriented cards and even Intel's integrated I219V chipset and my current Broadcom based card. My Broadcom card (BCM5751 chipset) has provided much more stable connections in MY experience. I've been using Broadcom based NICs on and off for the last 15 years and Broadcom based modems before that with zero driver issues. The only NIC I've experienced driver issues with was Marvell based....