Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    That video is literally 2 years old from some alpha build, surely it's better than that by now...

@Darren Hodgson thanks for your input man, your posts made me hyped even more for KCD. I can't wait to immerse myself in the world. Just a question, I remember reading about drinking Schnapps in order to quick save, is it true? Also, is that Schnapps expensive or can you stack it in loads?

2. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Think I’m going to hold off until after release before getting this, Cryengine and open world sounds like a recipe for disaster but hopefully I’m wrong as I really want to play this.

3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
  4. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Where did you get this disinformation?

Dragam1337 likes this.

5. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    What “disinformation”?

My experience based on previous Cryengine powered games leaves me wondering how well this game will run, hence why I’m happy to wait for other users experiences about performance before I purchase.

Pretty simple.

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Won't lie, that trailer increased the hype factor for me.

Will wait a bit for early impressions and maybe a patch or two, have a feeling a lot of the early kinks will be ironed out.

Or do what I often do, claim to wait and 20 minutes later have bought a key and downloading...

Edit: impressive, 23 minutes and still waiting :D

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yes, Schnapps allows you to manually save from the pause menu but the penalty is that you are 20% drunk. I’ve only had one lot of this, given to me from a quest so only got to use it once. I’ve been saving by sleeping and the game does auto-save fairly frequently during quests, usually after a cutscene of which there are many. I believe you can make your own Schnapps later on in the game.

Solfaur likes this.
  8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    PC pre-load is live by the way... download is 32 GB. Xbox One X install is 22.7 GB so presumably the PC version has higher quality assets (textures and/or audio).

9. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    Yap, just downloading 31.7 GB...

10. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Collector's edition arrived today:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hard to take pics of the coin but did my best:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Added them to my unsorted collection:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

fantaskarsef, Guru01, Solfaur and 3 others like this.

11. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    What games?

I have also played previous Cryengine games, and sure they were demanding but also ahead of its time.

12. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    You have 2 Titans, how could that even be an issue?

13. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I’ve played all the Crysis games, State of Decay, Ryse: Son of Rome (Worst game Crytek ever created imo), Warface, Evolve, HomeFront: The Revolution, to name a few, yes they were demanding games, and yes they looked great, I’m not disputing that, but I do have concerns with how a game on the scale of this will run, like I said I hope I’m wrong because I do want to play the game and I do like Cryengine.

Oddly enough all the GPU power in the world can in fact be brought to its knees by bad optimisation, also currently I’ve seen nothing about SLi being supported which doesn’t actually bother me as long as it runs well on a single card.

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind is around 5x5 kilometers in size. This game appears to be around 3x3 from what I've found from searching and that's mainly because the first installment here has the two first chapters together (Out of three in total.) so the game isn't that big, there's not that many NPC's it seems and the villages are mostly smaller settlements and not some larger scale medieval towns. :)

Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion appears to have been around 7x7 to compare against that.

For Cry-Engine I don't think this is much of a issue and it's well within the max allowed map size I believe though more densely detailed.

15. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Well I guess we’ll find out when it launches, I’ll be keeping a close eye on various forums and if all seems well then I’ll pick it up.

16. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    What about that game called Prey? It was using the Cryengine and was so nicely optimized that even a 1050Ti can run it on a 1080p resolution. Therefore, i'm hoping they did the same thing with this game, but that is probably a whole different devs compared to the ones that made this Kingdom Come - Deliverance game.

17. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Oh yeah forgot about Prey, was a decent game, didn't really push CryEngine when it came to visuals really, ran well at least.

18. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    So gents. How's the game?

*EDIT*

Oops. Thought it came out on the 12th. Unlocks in 1 hour on steam.

19. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    prey is a bad example of a good graphical game, it barely uses any cryengine superior tools that crysis 3 for example uses, graphics are subpar in prey to say the least, however the gameplay is a different story, but we are talking about the graphics here i guess, so i don t think ur example of prey is a good one sorry

20. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600