Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 19, 2013.

1. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Cyberpunk 2077 :D

fantaskarsef likes this.
  2. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Close enough haha

3. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    Been waiting for this game since it was announced last year, it's here next week, yes!

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310

5. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    INNO3D RTX 4080
    Good to see on Steam that there will also be German and French Voice-Acting because English sounds completely out of place imo.
    Since there is no Czech i will use German.

6. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yep. :)

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4348847/

(Console version usually starts selling earlier or ships early so without any other form of DRM people can just start playing.)

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  8. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    23GB or 2.3GB? If it's 23GB that is a major problem.

9. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Around 23 GB depending on if it's PS4 or XBox One, disk itself only contains part of the game data going by screenshots posted from the ResetEra threads so far.
    (About 160 MB of it in total apparently.)

https://i.imgur.com/BWZaWFU.jpg

The 2.3 GB from that post was because it's the German edition and the poster downloaded the English VO's separately.

EDIT: No there's data on the disc apparently, just that the day-1 patch replaces so much it doesn't really leave many original files thus why it looks like that.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  10. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Some people don't like drm so just mentioning it for those people.

12. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Do you even saw the release date on gog? Its 2 weeks later. And i guess even if some1 wants DRM-free aka no Steam-Stub (maybe) they dont want to wait another 2 more weeks.

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've just received the Xbox One (X) version today from ShopTo.net and was alarmed to find that there is a 21.75 GB Day One patch that needs to be installed before I can even play the game! There doesn't appear to be anything installed from the disc apart from the 162 MB installer. I have a very slow non-fibre internet connection as well that tops out at 1.4 MB/sec download which means that it'll be later on this afternoon/early evening before I can even play it.

Ironically, I was watching a 1.5 hour playthrough of the PC game opening on the ESO YouTube channel when the game arrived. I do have the game pre-ordered for PC as well from Green Man Gaming but won't be able to play that until Tuesday, 13th at the earliest due to the stricter unlock dates on PC.

Very much looking forward to playing this even if does look a lot like Skyrim minus all the fantasy/magic aspects. I like that you actually see your character's hands opening doors and picking things up; it's a small detail but so many first person games forget to do it. If I have any complaints from what I've seen of it on YouTube it's that character faces look a bit Gerry Anderson-ish, i.e. a bit wooden and lifeless, but they're still far, far better than Skyrim but nowhere near the standard set by The Witcher 3, which IMO is still the RPG with by far the best cutscenes I've ever seen.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah facial animation is tricky, time consuming and expensive so while lip syncing seems to work pretty well people have pointed out facial movement and eye movement in particular stands out but it's not an easy thing to get right.

Witcher 3 and their making of video shows a bit of this how they animate and then fine tune by hand which is very time consuming but produces excellent results though it's also their own engine so they have full control over every feature such as during cutscene movements with cameras, lighting and other mechanics whereas for a licensed engine learning this and getting proficient with the toolset can take time and have a bit of a learning curve, at worst such as what seems to have been the case for Bioware and EA mandating Frostbite engine as the go-to engine of choice you might even have to make up your own tools and custom code to complement what the engine has if it's not built for certain things out of the box. :)

As shown with Crytek's own games such as Ryse and Crysis 3 the engine does have the means for fine animations including facial structures but it's likely not something you can just jump into and it takes time setting up and using plus of course getting the animations motion captured and into the game engine in the first place. (Star Citizen even built their own tools for this but that also takes a lot of time and money.)

I'm guessing it's more of a budget decision than anything though, Kickstarter saw a good starting amount and then private investors complemented this but they also have a pubblisher though since they only distribute the game their investment might not be all that much economically since the cut they receive is likely a bit less than if they had full involvement. Not really sure what the full development cost amounts to for the game though, a few million no doubt but not sure if there's a exact figure for it. :)

EDIT: Also not sure if they updated the game engine much further from the beta or if it's still Cry-Engine 3.6 - 3.8 somewhere and not the newer V versions, that would have added some additional features but again it takes time and money to switch over and some of the existing work might have to be remade too.

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    It's CryEngine 3.8.6 from what I've read. It doesn't support HDR, apparently.

16. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    I'll wait for a few patches to go out on PC, until i try it.

But i rellay wanna play this game, (not to many games excites me nowadays to try them).

I hope Archer(y) in this game is fun.

17. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    :rolleyes:

First version of Cryengine supported HDR way back in 2004 with Far Cry.

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah but I believe that was the Shader Model 3.0 adaptable brightness effect also seen in Source Engine with Lost Coast.
    (Part of the 64-bit update for the game as I remember.)

Not quite the same as newer 10+ bit hardware support in a select few (And expensive!) TV models and even fewer computer monitors.

Well I believe it's 12 and 16-bit for color and then there's a very wildly varying standard of features to be called HDR Ready, bit of a mess and then Microsoft had to mess with it further for Windows 10 RS3 and the upcoming RS4 builds so support varies heavily from one game to another and only a few support it but it's growing little by little. :)

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yeah there's HDR as a graphics feature which isn't a new thing and HDR display support that is a new thing.

20. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Really interested to see benchmarks as an early backer of this. Performance has always been really bad with max 40fps with 1080ti so hopefully they have found a way to optimise it. Was never a stable 40 either.