Final Fantasy XV benchmark

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by -Tj-, Feb 1, 2018.

1. kondziowy

kondziowy Master Guru

GPU:
    7800XT
    Yes, and actually Standard looks better in some places than High because on High some bushes are replaced by just plain grass (Nvidia turf?).
    Standard vs High
    So on High you get half the performance, sometimes worse details because of less bushes(look at the left side), but more grass. I find Standard to look better in some scenes, and High is better in some scenes but why it removes vegetation?

Tesselation Stock vs Tesselation x2
    No reason to throw performance away and run higher than x2 factor.

I also tested High on Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro:
    [​IMG]

vs High, Tess off (grass is thinner and less visible):
    [​IMG]

vs
    High, Tess off HBCC on 13GB:
    [​IMG]

vs High Tess off HBCC on 13GB, Memory OC 1100MHz

[​IMG]

So turning off Tesselation gives +22% boost. But gpu is still underutilised on High because power draw decreases in comparison to Standard.
    Running higher than x2 Tess factor is overkill.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    toyo and OnnA like this.
  2. Quixz

Quixz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 3080TI
  3. alexbe

alexbe Guest

Not bad for this CPU @4300 , GPU@1950
    [​IMG]

toyo likes this.
  4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    [​IMG]
    Texture filtering set to high quality from the drivers (default is quality).

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    OnnA likes this.

5. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    So its another crap works game. YAY. not.

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Just turn the Nvidia stuff off.

I don't understand people who think a straight 1:1 console port is better than one with PC only additions.

If AMD did the same and even if the extra stuff ran crap on my card i would still support the additions, as it would give me more choice.

I'm never going to support less graphical options in a PC game, just because my own hardware doesn't like them.

7. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Barf. At least AMD added stuff to games actually ran and work on Nvidia.

Plus no where did I see where it said anything about which quality setting being Nvidia specific for a graphics setting. If I missed that, on me then.

Besides I hated gimp works from the start, even when I had GTX 670 4GB sli and even GTX 970 sli. This is not because I have an AMD gpu at this time.
    This is all my opinion though. I hate divided gaming. Pissed me off for a long time, you have to have a board specific to only using crossfire or sli. Finally that goes away, now you have to pick your monitor for GPU or vise versa. Freesync or Gsync.
    At least for a while, you could run Physx with only Aegia, then at first could use Nvidia with ATI/AMD for physx, till they turned into a bag of *****. Their excuse is still BS to this day.

BTW, game wasnt capped at 60 fps for me. I saw 75 at times. I do have enhanced sync on globally though.

8. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Texture Filtering - High performance (control panel\nvinspector) on my 970 noticeably improved frame pacing and the textures looked virtually the same (vs high quality, you can really tell by the food). Only got 200 points more, but everything was clearly smoother.

9. Perjantai

Perjantai Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080
    Problem with nvidia gimpware is that its always huge power hog and it makes games broken at the point where you need to disable them anyway.. I would prefer less crap and better ports. Also more ppl could enjoy the games since it would not make them run even worse on competing hardware.

10. Taithrah

Taithrah New Member

GPU:
    RTX 4090 / 24GB
    [​IMG]

11. mrrulez911

mrrulez911 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4080
  12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Sorry, but i will never understand wanting an inferior product for the sake of parity.

I have old hardware and have plans to play newer games in the future, so want them to look as good as possible and not just be cheap console ports so that some people can feel good that an "Ultra" setting doesn't exist and they can max everything.

Anyway, standard and high with a small overclock. Looking around i see that is roughly a 1060 scores, so can't complain too much.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

CPU usage looks decent across 4 cores and even 8 threads, though no SLI/CF is annoying but not surprising.

The fact you have to set your PC to 2.0 to get sound is a concern though, hopefully it's a bug and not like that in the full game. Possibly a Dolby Atmos issue.

13. screenager

screenager Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Vega 64
    Silly R9 290 still going strong.
    [​IMG]

14. Hulk12

Hulk12 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090 :D
    I created FFXV profile and tried to change to prefer max performance but no any difference!!! :/ Not optimal power fault --> I keep always optimal. lol

15. gydj

gydj Guest

Wow so 21:9 is working by simply insert "-f --displayResolution 3440 1440 --renderingResolution 3440 1440" ! Thank you!

[​IMG]

Compare to 2560x1400. It's not streched.

[​IMG]

Mars73 and OnnA like this.

16. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
  17. ProfessorMikeH

ProfessorMikeH Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Hey all. I joined so I could post my test results. What I have found compared to others posting here is that this game engine seems highly optimized for the AMD FX line of processors compared to others. I've found that I am scoring much higher then people using the same graphics card, or better, when paired with the new Ryzen and Core i5 and i7 processors. I also noticed large performance variations between having vsync on and off.

With it forced off in my Nvidia control panel my score is higher, and there is less stutter during the test. I also noticed running the test multiple times that either the graphics on the chocobos will have glitches for a brief second, or the car will have glitches on the sun roof as it lowers. It will always happen to one or the other each time I run the test, but never happen to both items on the same test run. Its clear that this game engine still has a way to go. Here is a link to my system on the chart they provide when I go to see my "stats":

http://benchmark.finalfantasyxv.com...75156fb0517&Resolution=1920x1080&Quality=High

Also included a link to a youtube video below showing both my test results with Vsync on and off.

[​IMG]

18. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    [​IMG]
    not bad for a mostly old hardware system

19. ProfessorMikeH

ProfessorMikeH Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Why does my FX system crush yours though? My results are way higher.

20. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    1: Your running an FX8350 and I'm only running an FX8320 (4.0GHZ vs 3.5GHz stock clocks)
    2: Your using an GTX1080 and I only have an RX580
    3: The FFXV Bench mark is heavily nVidia Optimised so really doesn't work that great on AMD GPU's literally locked up and crashed when I ran it on High