High dpc latency with Nvidia 388.71

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by bloodfx, Jan 25, 2018.

1. bloodfx

bloodfx Guest

GPU:
    gtx 760
    Audio never poped when using latencymon before i did what you told me to do and audio still drops out during gaming.

2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Sorry to hear that. Modern OSs are very complex, and very sensitive to a badly coded device drivers, and obviously have never been tested on majority of hardware combinations. I guess your Windows has some badly coded drivers or a combination of drivers which influences audio signal travel (from game to soundcard).

Also do not forget that LatencyMon is just a program. It can have bugs, and overall it was made for professional real-time audio solutions.

Look at LatencyMon`s log (your first log posted here):
    See the parts in bold font - they are contradict to each other:
    - how highest ISR routine execution time (µs) can be 257.794706 if there were 2 ISRs with execution time 500-999 µs?
    - how highest DPC routine execution time (µs) can be 404.665294 if there were 25 (!) DPCs with execution time 500-999 µs?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  3. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    If its just audio, what do you have audio quality set to I think be default windows sets it pretty high.
    Maybe try DVD setting level or even CD level, maybe that can help.

4. bloodfx

bloodfx Guest

GPU:
    gtx 760
    gonna try clean install on weekend.