Photos of Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ Appear

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 26, 2018.

1. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    design wise, i bet most phone maker not only samsung will using this similar design for quite some time ... for next 2-3years maybe?

cant saying its really big changes for removing physical/home button on S8/8+/note8, but i think most people agree its looks refreshed and feels more elegance without home button

so i dont think we going to see any design change soon ... i think it will be minor but enough to differentiate from a model to previous one
    if S9 is camera improvement... note9 rumor saying on-screen-fingerprint-scanner?

next design changes, probably if that flexible display getting big hit on market, i personally doubt it will be next phone things... because i curious about its durability

in next 5~10 years... when AI - voice command much more improved than now
    and much more smarter that we feel organically talking to a person instead a robot
    probably we will using a headset or watch device, but again we need visual for many things so, display will stay ... until we seeing holographic display like on sci-fi movies

2. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    I actually went back to Samsung after trying out a Moto because I liked Samsungs implementations better. Take the keyboard for instance, in Moto I had to push one additional button to get to the numbers whilst Samsung had them both at the same time.
    It is also harder to delete songs in Moto and I never found the preview function in the camera...which btw certainly was faster and better in darkness but seemed oversaturated and was more lacking in detail.

But I avoid never Samsungs because the battery cannot be replaced and I cannot put in my microSD card.

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I actually replace default keyboard with "hacker's keyboard", I like full keyboard. Yes, harder to hit smaller keys...
    SD slot was removed with S6, but I think it was back afterwards. Samsung's music player has its downsides too. Sometimes it decides that song ended in middle and jumps to next one.
    But they have that headphone function to adjust volume of different frequencies to suit different people based on your ability to perceive frequency.
    (Nice to find out, that I actually still have quite good hearing on one ear and great on another. Even after being present to some explosions in open and closed spaces...)

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Only the S6 had no MicroSD card

airbud7 likes this.

5. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Just got myself Google Pixel 2 XL, so I'm good for while now.

6. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Newer.. misspelled a word. Removable battery and SD ability is what is largely missing from modern phones. So, this is why I stay with S5 neo.

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I have the S7 and it has a MicroSD card slot, the S8 does too, and I suspect the S9 will, and the S5 did, it was only the S6 without one, but yea the battery cannot be removed any longer, partially to save space, and partially to create the IP68 water proof rating a removable back would not allow

Tbh I don't miss being able to remove the battery, maybe if I was flashing custom ROMs a lot / rooting, and causing the phone to hang/freeze, but with stock I've never needed to remove my S7 battery, and I`ll always upgrade my phone before the battery would need replacing anyway

airbud7 likes this.
  8. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Yes, that's the problem really, planned obsolescence. I don't think I need better than IP67 anyhow.

Extraordinary likes this.
  9. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    There is another very good reason to make phones without removable batteries:

https://sputniknews.com/military/201708011056084228-snowden-warning-smartphones-batteries/

airbud7 and Extraordinary like this.
  10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Well it's not impossible to change them, just not as easy as it is with a removable back, but yea for the average joe it means getting a new phone once the battery dies

airbud7 likes this.

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    airbud7 likes this.
  12. labidas

labidas Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 / RX5700XT
    I have a custom ROM on my S3. Lineage, a continuation of Cyanogenmod. I think I installed Cyanogenmod pretty quickly when I got this phone as the original S3 ROM was full of garbage as you stated :D
    Everything works, but it's getting a little slow :p "A little slow" alone isn't a reason to upgrade for me.

yeah, but the prices are monstrous. I don't want a bigger screen nor do I care about the resolution. Sometimes storage was an issue, but I rarely need my phone to transfer large sizes. The things I do, I'm no limited with ~10Mbs transfer speeds(this is USB2.0).
    Even my battery lasts me over a day as I only switch GPS/wifi/data on when I need it. I'm always very conscious about not wasting battery and it has served me well with this phone. Even now... almost 5 years later my 2100mAh battery has no issues ;)
    A new phone will be a night and day difference for sure, but it's really not necessary nor worth the money I think. I'll keep my phone until it's in pieces XD