Geforce driver 390.65 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by skizzo, Jan 8, 2018.

1. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I'm not sure how they compare to 388.43 though. I haven't noticed much of an improvement yet. They seem almost the same. I did notice higher draw calls on dx11 but lower on dx12 and vulkan.

2. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Oke yeah that can be a miner set back if you play dx12 and vulkan games ! I'm just glad the micro stutter is gone which I had with latest game ready driver.

3. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
  4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well, he's also complaining on how the Linux kernel gets filled with stuff he doesn't agree with, how hardware I/O is crap, etc.... read up on reddit, he's pretty much against anything right now.
    But thanks for your immense input into this driver thread khanmein.

5. Minotaur

Minotaur Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 1080 GLH
    I think Linus is pointing his finger at Intel today. Linus discovered there patches do jack and crap! (Intelligence agencies are pleased).

Oooh the drivers! I'm back on 388.84 because of occasional stutter in BF1 and input latency issues. My K/D went to the crap house with them :(
    System is basically a 4770K, GTX 1080, GSync monitor and Win 10 1709

6. Spax1171

Spax1171 Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970 OC
    I have 0 problems with this driver. Use from first day. I play BF1, BF4 and all drive fine. I do not have a single error in games or in everyday work.

7. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Same here, I mainly run BF1 and BF4 all seems fine and smooth but I am not running over 100fps and no Gsync or Vsync enabled.

PS: I use user.config to set caps for both games so my fps avg graph is flat. So for me thats like BF1=75-80 value and BF4= 90-100 , around those values. I used to run higher(BF1=100, BF4=120) and let a few dips show but think its better with perfectly flat avg an no dips.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  8. Apparatus

Apparatus Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 ti Vision OC
    Except the frustrating issue that HDMI audio keeps re-enabling after every reboot,
    this driver is excellent in terms of stability and performance.
    Not even the slight micro-stutter with or without AB,
    or
    with or without power monitoring.

Win10x64(1709)+2 Samsung TVs(1080p/60hz+4k/60hz)

9. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Guest

GPU:
    So is mine...even when it's stuttering. Then again, you're capping at about half the framerate I am, you're limiting it so far that the spikes on my graph would be completely hidden. High caps and frametime graphs are really needed with these kind of reports.

I'm really curious as to why some people are seeing no problems and others are finding it borderline unplayable. We know that power management settings in nvcpl play a part... You mentioned gsync, maybe that's a factor. I've also wondered if the meltdown/ spectre fixes might be playing a part...Or maybe it's just that some people aren't pushing their systems to a point where the issues are visible (yourself as an example)

I'm pretty confident that it's getting the required attention from nvidia so GG to them. Pretty much a waiting game at this point.......

10. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    If I removed cap it wouldn't avg over 100 I am pretty sure, I only have a 970.
    I will test with higher cap setting of 120 (in game setting) and see if I hit that.

Edit: set cap to 175 and the server I tested only had 30 players so not 64, anyway was smooth and my fps ran "about" 120-150 range, with a few dips below that 110.

no stutters though, maybe this is a 10xx issue more than 9xx one, along with 1709.
    Also I run HP power management in NVCP.

The main reason I capped lower value is so my CPU isn't pegged as much, I find a slightly lower cap helps there as some servers were giving me mouse, movement issues when cpu was pegged at 99-100%

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018

11. kurtextrem

kurtextrem Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    @ManuelG: Not sure if you've seen this already, but watch it: There is a bug in ShadowPlay, that needs to get fixed.

Dj_ALeX likes this.
  12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I almost had panick attack, updated to these seeing windows felt the need to update my drivers 3 days ago for no reason.

After installing these and seting everything back threw inspector, I fired up Shadow of Mordor, and was greeted by Stuttering out the ass and horrible framerates. After I was done panicking and thought, I realized when I put in the 1060gtx I had set that game to ultra everything, but when I took the card out to send it in for set-up and put the 660gtx back in i forgot to put the game back on medium. there for the 660gtx with 2gb ram was choking from trying to run ultra.

But then again when i put back 660gtx to medium the FPS was about 10 lower then normal at medium cause medium was producing 60fps except in rare occasions.

On side note can someone post what folder are needed and not need I only install GPU drivers and Physx and maybe HD audio

14. Had horrible stuttering on L4D2 with these. Seems to be a common theme.

15. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW

16. Djavulen

Djavulen Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 8GB
    I played some yesterday, had zero issues.

17. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Guest

GPU:
    Power setting? Monitoring? gsync? framerate? refresh rate? meltdown MSKB? spectre microcode? Session length (how long did you play)? Framerate limiter? Frametime graphs? There are a lot of factors which have been suggested here. We already know that it is effecting some people and not others, but it would be good to figure out what makes the difference :)

18. Cuzzie

Cuzzie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 SC
    No issues with current driver. Smooth as always.

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    most everyone will have MS KB but i willing to be most people never never have microcode updates with the exception being the techy people that know how to do this and actual would do this updates.

I have MS KB but not the microcode update cause asrock didnt release for my board yet.

And what lil I test Shadow of mordor was done with AB on with all those power monitors enabled. while I might not of been getting my 60 fps out side rare occasions was getting when i last use this card, which was with much earlier driver. With these it was more in the range of 45-50 there was no stutter, it was butter smooth to me, granted in only played like 10 min after put everything back on medium. vsync was on no limiting though.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  20. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Drivers work fine for me but is anyone else unable to tick the experimental features in Geforce experience anymore? It tells me they've been enabled but the checking for updates goes on forever. And they're not enabled second time i check.