Denuvo 4.8 Allegedly Has been been cracked

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Word out on the web today is that the latest version of Denuvo (game copy protection), Denuvo 4.8, has been cracked or bypassed. A certain group has been successful to crack Sonic Forces; a game that...

Denuvo 4.8 Allegedly Has been been cracked

airbud7 likes this.
  2. bulldog75

bulldog75 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070 OC 8G
    LoL.

Rich_Guy likes this.
  3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  4. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    They found a way.

DDRSAM and Clawedge like this.
  6. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    I'm only interested if it makes CPU less loaded without DRM, otherwise i don't care if they crack it or not.
    I guess most difference it will make in AC Origins, if they crack it.

7. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    they only punish legal customers. many times when I tried game, I had buy it. Unless it sucked of course...
    No demos so what ppl can do?

8. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I'm just hoping one day they don't get cracked.

And before anyone starts going on emotional on me about how DRM is bad and etc.

If you think there's a world where DRM doesn't exist, you live in a make-believe world. That world doesn't, and will never exist.

So what does that mean? It means as long as DRMs keep getting cracked, they'll continue to get more intrusive. I have no desire to see DRM continue to be cracked just so the DRM can get worse.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  9. BlueRay

BlueRay Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    This doesn't mean anything. Denuvo isn't meant to be uncrackable. Just delay the inevitable giving publishers time for sales. Sadly Denuvo isn't going anywhere. I can say Denuvo is a success for what it tries to accomplish. What worries me is all that kind of bullcrap that clog up our CPUs for no benefit to us. What they don't understand is that by applying DRM they aren't going to convince me to buy their crap ports. It's not like the DRM puts money in my pocket to make buy them and those who download cracked games have no reason to stop the habit. CD Projekt Red proved them wrong with their sales. A good game is going to sell no matter what.

10. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    Just good game defends itself. And ppl that wont buy it do not do this even if crack is available or not. So no loss for dev. If game is good, I will buy it. Simple as that. Any 'protection' just lowers my experience/performance.

Just look at CP RED and their Witcher series...

airbud7, xIcarus and lucidus like this.

11. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    I love piracy. Since most games in the last decade stopped providing demos for PC especially, I cannot find any reason to call cracking/bypassing a non-legit operation. They do not respect customer for ages now if they need to try a game. Go pirates, go! Only steam can save it a bit, with refunding system, but it is a non proper solution.

LocoDiceGR, Bansaku, airbud7 and 2 others like this.
  12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    These cracks are only bypasses, the drm is still there. It's just not able to stop you from playing without paying. The publisher has to remove that virus. Injustice 2 also has this pos and its loading times are much longer than MK X and has a horrible lag even after patches with certain gear and abilities in a loadout. I can't help but feel that it is caused by excessive denuvo calls as it is only an ordinary UE powered game, a fighter at that.

tensai28, airbud7 and warlord like this.
  13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    DRM crap need to end, now there starting this stacking DRM crap No DRM of any kind should using more then 1% cpu usage, let lone be detrimental to game performance.

Im surpised CPU and MB dont have hw DRM yet for our games....

have DX:MD and i probably wont installed for another year or 2 maybe by then that denuvo crap will be removed., I have huge back list of game i have to installed let alone play. I still have to finish witcher 2 and install witcher 3 along with so many other games.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    Bansaku and warlord like this.
  14. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    DX:MD was cracked too. This type of DRM is literal cancer, and it helps no one. It also kills any proper attempt at preserving games. There are also A LOT of first world countries where the right to keep a copy of the work is part of copyright law, hence DRM is basically breaking the law.

Bansaku likes this.
  15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    They won't remove it from DX. JC3, Nier, Mad Max, and Tomb Raider all have it despite being btfo ages ago. They suck. The fact they chose to never even try to fix Nier but blow money on D pisses me off more.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

I know it was ,but that not the point to me these days almost all game i get are got threw steam, but this DRM trend keep getting worse and worse I will go back to get my games from the other means, that has this trash removed from it. I buying the game yet I also have to suffer the performance issues the DRM cause, all cause i BOUGHT the game? mean why people that didnt buy it and got from other means with that trash removed dont have to suffer it?

There is no logic in making your paying customers suffer the DRM crap, if DRM worked and actual stoped this then ok, But it dont never have never will. all these DRM do is aggravated paying customer.

17. Sergio

Sergio Guest

GPU:
    Asus 760 DirectCU II OC
  18. DAMAFIA

DAMAFIA Guest

GPU:
    7970@1180/1800
    dnt no y they dnt just use FADE as used on ARMA itsa still uncracked as far as i kno. the only working cracks for that game came after all the copy protection was taken out in patches,

19. Nurmi

Nurmi Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Tri-X
    Regarding the DRM stuff

I often feel like none of this is about money, and its about control and pride

For example,
    I think some 24,99 moneys quality game would end up generating more money than these 60-120 titles, simply because few get it, and then few friends also get it, unlike what happens with 60+Pass games which end up being mostly solo / only one, often other ways too that there is that one weirdball whos playing NFS

Great example would be Vermintide which suddenly managed to collect most of the friend list, which I would imagine further promoting the game, then Witcher 3 is a bit unfair comparison to anything, but that too

Then regarding how its presented/delivered doesnt also make much sense, and its like "they" keep on pushing till "we" outrage, like the stock is more important than what the game itself is generating, unless I have some weird batch of friends who dont mostly even buy these games

I dont know, it just feels a bit ****** up like that

Bonus note: Also dont like the meaningless code scrambler being there, obviously

20. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    [​IMG]

Hurray!

Bansaku likes this.