Assassin’s Creed Origins

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I don't think there is a fix for that. Game runs smoothly at 4K/60fps and MSI AB says so in cutscenes too but they are choppy AF. Luckily there aren't many cutscenes of that kind so it's not a huge deal.

I've done all side quests and almost all question marks and I'm so tired of this game. Luckily I've finished it and it was a great game indeed but I won't buy the DLC now. Maybe sometime in the future when it's on sale, we'll see. I'll play FPS and things that are far from open world games for now and a bit later I'll try to replay Witcher 3 from start to end.

2. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Another user wrote that he's not experiencing the stuttering at all, mabe thanks of his CPU?

3. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Patch is live on Steam.

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Would be interesting to know his settings. I've played 95% of the game in 4K so I wouldn't know if lower settings help with the stuttering. Ofc there are better CPUs out there than my 6700K and this game does seem to benefit from more cores so you might be on to something.

5. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Just read the previous page. :D

Anyways, here's a pic of the new, extended map:

[​IMG]

6. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Even though repetitive, it's still fun. Dropping from the open roof, assassinating the target around some 10 soldiers and as they come charging at me - dodge,smoke and poof. In and out.

The amount of resemblance this game has with The Witcher 3 is astonishing - but I don't mind it. This game gives me hope for the upcoming Far Cry game.

I'm level 30 now. I don't think all side quests are meant to be completed correct? You can reach the desired level and still have left over side quests?

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah easily, there's something like 120 quests and I have about 50 inactive ones ranging from level 10 to level 39 that I've just been picking up, clearing out one or so every time I boot the game up again but there's still a lot left until I've cleaned them all out.
    You get a lot of XP from doing the main quests and then discovering new question mark map points and climbing those fast-travel areas.

Plus activities such as just killing enemies, dealing with the Phylakes, destroying little statue things or the generated mini missions such as rescuing rebels.
    (Which you can then lead to group after group of enemies and it'll keep generating defend the rebel missions for a small chunk of XP each.)

8. Death_LV

Death_LV Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 GAMING
  9. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Yep me to , im crashing to desktop every 20-30mins or so , first time i've had problems since release , must be the last patch , i've also posted in the ubi support forums where there's others with the same fault , if you can i would post there to , the more we let them know the better chance we have that they may fix it .....

10. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    I play at 3440x1440p, i have all the settings maxed. I play at 100% resolution. My cpu is old, but it is 6 cores, maybe that is a factor? I don't know, why it doesn't stutter in the cutscenes. I do have areas in the game where the framerate will go into the mid 40's, though which is probably my cpu showing its age. Most of the time it is in the upper 60's though.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I see. I played at High at first but in later patches I changed to Very High since I was able to maintain 60fps at 98% of the time. For example, all Elephant mini cut scenes have stuttering but when you actually engage the elephant, all is fine. I really don't know what's going on here.

12. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    ^ Same here... Anyway, after the patch I played a couple of side missions with cutscenes and I did not see any stuttering. Unfortunately I defeated all the elephants and I cannot see if the stuttering persists in that specific context.

13. Lubna

Lubna Active Member

GPU:
    1080TI
    It works for me correctly

14. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Well, you also have a 6 core CPU...

15. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Well I'm out of things to do. Beat the game, every side quest.. I mean there are all the hideouts and scrolls etc if I was a competitionist but.. After digging through all those quests I'm about burned out from the game..

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I want to return someday and play the DLCs cause that world is truly magical. But not now since I'm burned out like you. I think I'm at 94% something and just have one or two Elephants left and maybe a select few question marks left.

17. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    This game runs worse with every patch , i lost 3-7 fps on the last updates(1.03 vs 1.05-1.10-1.20) .

18. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Well this would be tough if you are not from the caribbean (like me) but I found a conversation with other caribbean folk pissing themselves with laughter over the various english accents of the characters of this game, in a attempt to give some authentic "ancient egyptian english"

Hatian english
    Bajan english
    Lots of Dominican english
    Jamiacan
    and more

I can't stop laughing when some of the chracters talk

19. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    That's funny...I don't have the game but I'll bet it happened something like this: The devs were sitting in a meeting discussing what type of accents to give the characters and they had come to a consensus that they'd just give them all standard American or British English accents. Then all of a sudden, an angry Yves Guillemot phoned in from his ivory tower saying "Non, non, bande d'imbéciles! They must sound like the brown folk that I have read about in literature!" When one of the devs asked for clarification, a trap door opened beneath him and he fell to his doom. After that, no more intelligent thought was given to the matter.

Party Poison, darrenj and AsiJu like this.
  20. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    So do I but I cannot stop myself. :oops:

[​IMG]