Microsoft Classic IntelliMouse Makes a Return

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I never liked this mouse(owned it) even when it originally came out. I know it was pretty popular so obviously some people did.

3. FrostNixon

FrostNixon Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    I've seen a lot of CS players using this over the years which means it should perform well. Not sure if I'm sold on this one until I see a review with all the competition doing great for low prices out there.

Anyways what kinds of drivers for a mouse require 150mb? Hope it's not mining cryptocurrency.

4. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    I have always used this mouse :)
    No extra buttons, and as light as a feather.

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Had two of those hehe... then I discovered how useful additional mouse buttons can be in certain games.

6. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    I used a Microsoft Intellimouse Optical 1.1a for years as it was ambidextrous and i'm a lefty. It was super comfortable and very accurate in fps games and mobas. This new intellimouse classic is right-handed only :(

7. BarryB

BarryB Guest

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    Wish they would bring back the Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 as mine is on it's last legs, well I did buy it around 2004! All the mice M$ seem to have look too futuristic and have really odd shapes, the Intellimouse I've used for about 14 years still remains comfortable to hold and use, but some jokers on eBay want £200 to £300 for one!

8. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    It does have two thumb buttons. My last two mice have had two thumb buttons, and I think it's perfect for me. The one before had only one. I tend to use mice as long as they last, so I'm talking about many years ago. A very basic mouse still has nothing but left and right button and a buttoned wheel between them, so anything else is extra buttons.

9. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    I wish they would bring back habu, the best mouse i've ever had and it is so hard to find anything similar to it.

10. foxx1337

foxx1337 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Vega 56 AB OC
    Among these "few upgrades" is a turd for a sensor.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    that was terrible mouse terrible quaitly too, I bought that when first came out for 70$ and every 6 months like clock work the mouse wire be came so bad the mouse stoped work MS was replaced that mouse for me ever 6 month for almost 5 years before I said frack it, never again went to logictec and never had such probablem again, only time mouse die now are when micro switch in them are so warn they dont work which has happen once to one mouse from and that was after 7 years of use

This was same time i started to boycott any HW comeing from MS and 2~3 360 I had dont remeber how many i actual had at this point. all failed from rrod and i barely used those systems we talking i maybe touched 1 ever 3months and they where in open and got plenty off air. this pretty much made me say I will never buy any HW of any kind from MS again

12. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    The original was an awesome mouse for non-gaming machines. Mine still works, over 13 years later. Cheap, no BS, just does its job, lasts for a long time.

Actually back in 2004, I was using it for games too for quite a few years before I got one with extra buttons. Did the 500Hz "oveclock" trick on it too on Windows XP. Never skipped a beat.

13. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    Cool news. :D

14. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    "150MB available space."
    :eek:

for WHAT?!

15. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Probably the intellimouse software suite thing. Which of course no one actually needs :p

gx-x likes this.

16. Abc666

Abc666 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW 1070 8GB
    Question is, is the bluetrack sensor really as bad for gaming as they say ?

I've heard people say its not suited for gaming. Being made by microsoft i suppose there is a good chance they f*cked it up.

Gonna have to wait for propper in depth reviews.

17. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    the original was awful for gaming, I regretted buying it. But this one is totally different mice so who knows.

18. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    Utter sh1t mouse.

19. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    I wouldn't get this for games if you have a >60Hz monitor. This seems to be a normal 125Hz mouse. If you use those on a high refresh monitor, you're going to get visible microstutter.

This really is "just a mouse." The original was very good for what it was, meaning it lasts, good buttons, cheap, comfortable, but it was never meant to be used for gaming. These cost around $15 IIRC back in the day, and you could find them for as low as $8 at some places. Awesome for the price, but don't expect it to match a 500Hz or 1000Hz mouse with a sensor made for gaming.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  20. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    right now i am rocking gskill gx780 i got for 41.5 euros ...because the sensor is old and sports "only" 8600 dpi ... the mouse has magnetic sides that changing is 100% ambidextrous thumb rest for the right hand .... place it ...done ....for the left hand ...pull the one that has no thumb rest and put on the thumb rest for it ... want no thumb rest ...just place the no thumb rest side ...also the back of the mouse rising and lowering with alen key

i had this mouse and lasted for 5 years + was my first mouse after track ball so for me was ...just amassing since then i moved on though good memories ...cs 1.5 with this mouse