RadeonMod (Tweak Utility)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by theoneofgod, Oct 23, 2015.

1. _PPBottle

_PPBottle Guest

GPU:
    RX 570 Armor 4GB
    Yes, but what I really want to know is what the values in the following commands determine:

PP_AllGraphicLevel_DownHyst --> what does it setting it to 20 do?
    PP_ActivityTarget (value data 30 decimal)
    PP_AllGraphicLevel_UpHyst (value data 0 decimal)
    PP_AllGraphicLevel_DownHyst (value data 100 decimal) Note that this replaces step 2+3 above

Are these values referring to GPU usage? Knowing this is important so I can try to fiddle with these registry values. I want to make the GPU hover around the last 3 pstates (P0, P1, P2) when gaming with frame rate caps so I have better power savings. If these values mean percentages, then the hysteresis refers to the threshold in GPU usage between shifting to a higher or lower pstate. This is fundamentally important for me and my quest in best power efficiency while at gaming.

Also, have any of you experienced the dreaded P0 memory bug at idle when changing refresh rates in monitors? This is even happening to me on my 570 even if I dont touch the vertical back porch, a setting that used to lead to P0 memory bug. Thanks in advance!

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    PP_AllGraphicLevel_DownHyst -> it is Temp Hysteries iMO (i have this one to 5 in my Old 280X) it determmines how agressive the Fun curve is.
    Wait for rest....
    Aha, it is for Cooling AFAIK

But the Values now changed for 0-100 range, earlier was 0-10.
    You need to experiment with this (but use your head ;) )

Check this one is some short bench (3D mark 1 run in Window) then check HWiNFO64 readings

3. JACKAL HAWK

JACKAL HAWK Active Member

GPU:
    RADEON HD 6320 384mb
    My notebook monitor response is 27 ms. what should I put in "PP_MCLKStutterModeThreshold"=

4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    try:
    "StutterMode"=dword:00000002
    "PP_MCLKStutterModeThreshold"=dword:00000255

Then
    "StutterMode"=dword:00000001

&
    "StutterMode"=dword:00000000

also here: "PP_MCLKStutterModeThreshold"=dword:00000255 -> write down your current value and check with it & then with mine.
    Take care :D & Happy Tweaking

5. Kaysx

Kaysx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270x
    Hey I am having an issue with the program, I adjust the values on it but it doesn't seem to apply any changes or do any effects in-game.

Textures are still the way they are, FPS didn't budge, the game looks the same. It applied the first time I tried it and I got a huge boost from it (PUBG) and out of a sudden when I rebooted the game the effects disappeared, I tried resetting my PC and do everything again and nothing.

No effects seems to be applied. (FlipQueueSize, Main3D_DEF, Main3D, Main3D_SET, TextureLod_DEF, TextureLod and LodAdj) those are the options I changed both the first time when it worked and the second time. I figured maybe the registry is not being changed and it turned out it is, it is just not taking any effect. If anyone has any solution or idea what is wrong with it please let me know.

Radeon R9 270x Toxic, Driver version 17.12.2. Thanks in advance! :D

6. CCoR-

CCoR- Active Member

GPU:
    AMD ASUS Strix RX580 8GB
    Hmm were you also using the same drivers? Perhaps try running with admin rights.
    For the settings you changed above, what exactly did you change values to? I can try testing it out with pubg and see if there is any effect on my end.

7. Kaysx

Kaysx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270x
    Yes I was using the same drivers, I just rebooted the game/PC and after that everything reverted back to the original state and also did the FPS.
    Here are the settings I changed the first time, and what I also added the second time to check if there will be changes and nothing.

1st try :
    Main3D_DEF : 1
    Main3D : 0x3100
    Main3D_SET : 0x3100

2nd try :

FlipQueueSize : 1
    Main3D_DEF : 1
    Main3D : 0x3100
    Main3D_SET : 0x3100
    TextureLod_DEF : 0
    TextureLod : 0x30000000
    LodAdj : 11

Thanks for the reply man.

8. CCoR-

CCoR- Active Member

GPU:
    AMD ASUS Strix RX580 8GB
    No problem dude, I will run these settings later after work today. One thing to try just for the hell of it, try reinstalling gpu drivers and start your tweaks from a clean slate. See if you can gain back the performance you saw within pubg that first time around.

9. Kaysx

Kaysx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270x
    I already did that, I used AMD Clean Uninstall Utility and tried again. I even reset my whole PC/Windows to default (Had to go through one and a half hour of waiting for it to finish) and tried again. Nothing.

10. CCoR-

CCoR- Active Member

GPU:
    AMD ASUS Strix RX580 8GB
    Are you sure it wasn't just a small sample of above average high FPS, pubg is known for inconsistent performance in terms of FPS. For example, I'll have totally different FPS from game to game going to the same areas. You mentioned gaining a FPS boost but how long did you sustain this, how many games, just one game, session, ect?

11. Kaysx

Kaysx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270x
    It was a whole session of 8 to 9 hours of play, it isn't a small sample of above average high FPS it was consistent. I do not see any visual changes to the textures or anything of that sort after that happened and it isn't just on PUBG, tried it on CS:GO, Tekken 7. Same thing, no visual nor performance changes.

12. CCoR-

CCoR- Active Member

GPU:
    AMD ASUS Strix RX580 8GB
    Unfortunately the best FPS/Feeling of smoothness came from leaving everything on default. I tried different levels of FQS and noticed a hit in FPS and feeling of smoothness. I do have a Vega 56 so this program might not be optimized for the new architecture. Sorry for the wait..

13. KenW24

KenW24 Guest

GPU:
    Rx 560 2gb
    Hey, i stumbled across this thread trying to figure out ways to gain more fps in pubg. This is my first time actually seeing any stuff like this and i was wondering, If these tweaks work for Rx 560 2gb and if anything else is needed. This is very confusing information to me, thanks in advance.
    Rx 560 2gb
    Driver 17.12.2
    Also experiencing a few frame skips running at 60 fps on pubg, may be the CPU end however.

14. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    For better fps in PUBG,
    1) you need to talk to PUBG devs (not gonna happen) to make the game more optimized.
    2) buy a better GPU.

15. KenW24

KenW24 Guest

GPU:
    Rx 560 2gb
    I just did the following information from the post and gain roughly 5-10 fps and reduce screen tears and skipping(stable 60-75 fps most of the time). Obviously the above factors you stated would greatly help however due to economical situations of where i live that's very difficult. Thanks for the post must appreciated.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018

16. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Right, @OnnA, I wanted to ask you about the DirectX9 tweaks this tool offers. Could you elaborate on what they do, and how or what am I supposed to look for when evaluating improvements?

17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Hmm, im thinking that You need to do some personal research in that matter.
    Tweak & test, there is no better way.
    Also some Tweaks working for some GPU others not.
    :p

Romulus_ut3 likes this.
  18. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    The reason I am asking you because, I am working on my own site, and I want to add a downloads section. And I want to highlight this tool specially, as AMD right now doesn't have any good tweaking tools except for this one. Some clarifications from the author would be appreciated.

I know you've suggested a lot of tweaks to the author himself, so any feedback you can give me that comes across as a strong point for this tool will be appreciated too, OnnA. I have seen you come up with some great stuff so far (Like Free FreeSync on a CRT Monitor) and I appreciate any input that you can provide.

19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    For clarification Im an Idea Bringer & Author of this Mod :p :D :cool:
    But im not a programmer, and theoneofgod Helps us all with this Tool, and He is also contributed his own Tweaks (e.g. is DX9 Tweak, and many more)
    Also many more ppl from Guru3D contributed with it, so this is OUR MOD Now -> and it's Good !

Back to the Topic:

It's not much to do in RadeonMOD right now, there are some new Options introduced in Adrenalin:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AMD\Chill]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AMD\CN]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AMD\EEU]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AMD\CN\Performance] -> Here we can add tW Metric for our Furys ;)

And some other minor changes in:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000]

now we have:
    "StutterMode"=dword:00002002
    was:
    "StutterMode"=dword:00000000
    "PP_MCLKStutterModeThreshold"=dword:00000000

and this is pretty much all.

PS.
    My dream was to make (with some Programer Help) Tool like ATT or RadeonPRO :D
    but no one is capable of doin' something like that :rolleyes: maby some day...

Something like ATT+RP+CRU in one sweet package.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    Romulus_ut3 likes this.
  20. theviper12

theviper12 New Member

GPU:
    R5 M430 / 2GB VRAM
    Hi, can anyone share the best performance settings? I really don't care about textures and visual quality. Thanks.