Need Some Advice - Young Friend wants to have a defacto relationship with his girl

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Clawedge, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    My youn friend who is 19 wants to have a live in relationship with his girlfriend who is also 19.

they both finished high school only, no proper qualifications. No proper income either and girls family is not exactly agreeing on this.

any suggestions?

airbud7 likes this.
  2. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Defacto relationship is not a marriage. Nothing wrong with it, as far as they manage to have protective sex.
    Girls family will be against it at least until your young friend finds a job. No wonder there.

Problem starts, when they decide to life together. Who gonna pay for what, who responsible for who or what?
    They need to find a job and sustain themselves before living together. If he doesn't have experience living on his own, it's bad idea to live together with someone from a start.
    I'd highly recommend to live "alone" for an year, get job, get independent from parents and then consider living with a girl.

Anyway, if its just a matter of *SPAM* a girl and meeting her once a week, sure, go on. Just tell him to be careful when banging her.
    Otherwise, tell him he needs to be able to take care of himself, before taking a girl under his wing.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  3. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    exactly what i told him, but he wont listen, he still says he want to live with her. am i just wasting my time?

his mum told him the same thing

airbud7 likes this.
  4. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I think I was in similar position. Yeah, young mind is unstable and totally not thinking straight.

Don't pressure him too much, just tell he needs to be able to stand on his own. He will understand it sooner or later.
    Also tell him that patience pays off. Might help him to understand.

5. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    I'd say just leave him be. You've done all you can and if he falls on his butt, well he'll just need to pick himself up!

Brasky likes this.
  6. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    Are they otherwise foregoing plans to set themselves up for their respective futures? In principle, who cares? In practice, if they're skipping college or something for this, that's a little weird.

7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    He'll see that this idea is not the best of them all once he moves in with her and breaks up 6 months afterwards, when she's pregnant and they're out of money and luck.
    You can't talk much sense into most 19 year olds.

8. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Let them do what they want. If it works out great, but if not it's just a learning experience.

airbud7 likes this.
  9. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    hey thanks for all the feedback guys, appreciate it, yeah i had a chat with them, gave them reasonable advice, told them to think ahead, and i have let them be. will see how it goes, thanks

airbud7 likes this.
  10. Lex Luthor

Lex Luthor Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    Just love him. He will do whatever he does and I've learned to be careful as you sure don't want to push him away from you.

airbud7 likes this.

11. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    A lot of truth to this you have given the advice you can now it's just a wait and see how it plays out.

airbud7 likes this.
  12. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Yah, they should go to a technical college and learn a trade, if learning the classics is of no interest to them.

Plumbers, Electricians, Carpenters, Brick laying - plenty of well-paying choices out there at tech college.

You know them, we don't; what is it they like to do?

13. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    When two people are in love nothing can stop it!... they will even turn their back on you if you interfere...love is a process...some relationships last a few weeks While others last forever...

Wish I could buy the book on that.

HK-1 and JaxMacFL like this.
  14. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Tell him to watch Judge Judy. People on there all the time wanting her to sort out their mess. Playing house and buying cars together then six months later HELP. There are laws for sorting property for married couples but not 'wannabe' couples that play house.

airbud7 likes this.
  15. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Sorry if OT but have any of y'all seen the movie what love is?

Yep^...I played house with this gal one time and it was great till one day she got mad and threw my water bong at me and it crashed right above my head!

Dam I miss that Bong.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    JaxMacFL likes this.

16. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Yup. Love can make people do objectively dumb things. I've been there. I knew what I was doing was dumb but didn't care, and even when it blew up I looked back on the explosion fondly.

airbud7 likes this.
  17. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    well said IcE^ ...sometimes hormones take over and well?

TaskMaster likes this.
  18. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    What most kids think is love, turns out to be nothing more than lust. Most kids get caught up in the feelings and want to rush into crap with no understanding of life. At the same time, most are too stupid to listen to what people tell them. I've found the problem can extend well into the 20's for some people...

CrazY_Milojko likes this.
  19. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    in another words....> she had a nice rack!...and you could not get any sleep with those puppies around to play with...good times for sure

big boobs are fun to play with.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    IcE likes this.
  20. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    I am glad i made this thread. Love all the feedback i am getting.

I was upset cos he had a dream a few years back to become a teacher after getting his degree. Unfortunately, the recent turn of events has completely stopped it dead in its track.

If it works out, then cool, as long as they are happy.

My concern is that if it does not, he would have wasted another year after a girl, and will no longer want to study. as it stands now, he said he will not study cos he is looking to get a job just to sustain the two of them.

airbud7 likes this.