HELP! 3DMark score wasn't up to expectations!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by DomincDeX, Jan 9, 2018.

1. DomincDeX

DomincDeX Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX1080 G1
    1. Reseat GPU. Tried it twice. Even to a different PCIE slot.
    2. DDU twice. No change.
    3. I used Gigabyte Xtreme Gaming for OC tool cause that's the first OC tool that I used before MSI and it clearly displays the sensors and graphs.
    4. Power performance from Windows 10 power plan, Nvidia to Bios. I have tried all. No change.

Thanks for the reply. But minimally, the GPU should hit at least >5000 without doing all the fancy OC and power plan adjustments, right?

2. DomincDeX

DomincDeX Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX1080 G1
    Meaning?

3. DomincDeX

DomincDeX Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX1080 G1
    Did tried changing PCIE slot too. No help there.
    I did tried to reset my CMOS, but that was to clear my CPU to overclock cause it kept crashing my GPU. However, it didn't work too.

4. superzeus

superzeus Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Mm i dont know if this help but it happens to me a while ago some thing similar and the problem was steam i launch the 3dmark from there and all ways i have low scores so one guy toldme to install without steam and works perfectly with higher scores again so who nows maybe is the same

5. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Meaning, change the Nvidia power profile in control panel to prefer maximum performance, restart your PC, then test to see if the memory clock speed is running correctly.

Sometimes settings like that don't take effect until your PC has been restarted.

6. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    What settings are you using on afterburner ie core voltage, power limit, temp limit, core clock setting and memory clock setting. Along with a generous fan setting for cooling, I don't mind fan noise, this is what I set my afterburner at: Core Voltage to 100% - Power Limit to 120% - Temp Limit to 92 - (Also set bias to temp limit) - Core Clock to 215 - Memory Clock to 545. For benchmark purpose turn your fan cooling to 100% during test. See if this helps your score. I have 4790k at 4.7 OC with Strix Gtx 1080 and Corsair 110i 2nd edition cooler. Also I just noticed on your time spy card read out your memory is at 405mhz that is way too low it should be higher than that like around 1000+ adjust it on your afterburner if it dosn't go up then the card is bad..
    Sorry I didn't see all the other help you had, it does look like the card is bad, has happened to me but usually you don't get any picture at all when it is bad, thus the confusion.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  7. DomincDeX

DomincDeX Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX1080 G1
    Thanks for your advice! But i have fixed my problem already!

8. DomincDeX

DomincDeX Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX1080 G1
    sverek and cryohellinc like this.
  9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well, like I said, it looks like others have posted on the net, a faulty GPU (or more likely: VRAM chip).
    Glad you got it worked out! Enjoy your new card ;)

10. DomincDeX

DomincDeX Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX1080 G1
    Thanks for the speedy replies and help! My new Time Spy score! https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/24549216. Should it be higher? I am running on stock OC profile.

11. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    nope, looks legit for stock clocks. Depends on your system's boost anyway (e.g. how hot the card runs in your case).

12. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Happy to see it's working out fine for you now. Keep it clean, cool and up to date. :)

13. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    Well now you can use my settings recommendations and see what your new puppy can do.;)

14. DAMAFIA

DAMAFIA Guest

GPU:
    7970@1180/1800
    you might be seeing ur intergrated gpu if AB shows 0.click on the cog in B an make sure ur gpu is selected in the topmost box