Geforce driver 390.65 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by skizzo, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Rapyer

Rapyer Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    Getting really bad stuttering with this driver in PUBG. FPS counter seems to stay same using GFE overlay 90+ fps minimum, but when looking around the stutter is absurd.

2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Done some tests yesterday, seems like a solid driver, not seeing any performance decreases and there are some minor gains here and there - I've added a slight CPU overclock (3.7->3.8GHz) to mitigate the impact of Windows Meltdown patch so this may be the reason for these gains.

FreeStyle is of no interest to me personally but it definitely have its advantages over Reshade since it should be able to work with D3D12/Vulkan and in UWP titles as well - something which Reshade can't and probably won't be able to do.

Keesberenburg likes this.
  3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Installed yesterday via Minimalistic Install, works mighty fine just like the previous.

4. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I also raised my cpu by 100mhz for the same reason then did research and found out that there is zero impact. This is all been blown out of proportion and anyone not running a server CPU or virtual machine, shouldn't care about any of this in the slightest. No noticeable performance loss from the patches whatsoever, everyone can relax.

5. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Performance impact is workload dependent and is different between Core generations:
    General average impact on gaming is negligible but it's still there so a sight CPU overclock was needed to remain on the same performance level.

6. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I agree with most of your post but the performance hit will be mainly in the micro-code which hasn't been released yet.
    MB company's only today have released 1-2 gen back bios, so unless you got all updates you won't see it.

I think it will affect I/O to mostly, slower read/writes in some config's.
    I don't think I will even update bios if one came out and as far as offset performance with OC's.
    Over the yrs owning 3570k i went from 3.9>4.1>4.3>4.5 now @1.20v. I only have 212evo so even though this chip seems good I could maybe pull off 4.6 on the evo as now I get low-mid 60'sC in things like BF1.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    ms178 likes this.
  7. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Got a Bios update today for my mother board :) lemme check performance :p

8. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
  9. Eph3drin3

Eph3drin3 Guest

GPU:
    Intel hd
    [​IMG] no wprks for pubg anyone with this bug ? and the fps counter can be made smaller ? thx

10. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I highly doubt it will have noticeable impact on performance as well.

11. jazz9

jazz9 Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
  12. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Did update the post with a new working result not any noticeable difference now

13. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Try Cinebench for cpu and some kind of HD/SSD BM for I/O, if you happen to have older pre microcode update scores.

14. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Allready benched my SSD and gained 100 points score on writing so that's a gain don't have older score's I believe on Cinebench :( got 929 cb on Cinebench tho

15. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Cave Waverider likes this.

16. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Yeah that was before reinstall of 3d mark something went wrong with gathering my system info

17. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Only in that CPU benchmark. Graphics shows 0,5%, which is rather reassuring that it might not be that bad. Although it's true, we will probably only see the real outcome of it all once the BIOS files AND the OS patches / driver patches are out.

18. beeswax

beeswax Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Gaming
    I don't know if this was an intended fix from Nvidia but with this version, for the first time my Denon AVR doesn't have a "-C" or "-8" at the end of it's name in Playback Devices. I have 2 displays connected, a monitor at the desk for working and a TV for gaming/movies. Previously, the Denon would get renamed from "Denon-AVAMP-C" to "Denon-AVAMP-8" for seemingly no reason (and that's without the driver being updated or Windows Updates being applied). One of the annoyances with this was when it got renamed, I'd have to run the Windows audio config wizard again to set it back to 5.1/full range speakers and also change the audio output device in Kodi to get bitstreaming working again. Hopefully this sticks!

Redemption80 likes this.
  19. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    He just said one post up that something went wrong on his end. There's no noticeable performance loss from this exploit. People really need to stop buying into this and let this pass.

20. SyntaX

SyntaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    No Performance Drop with Haswell after Patch, tested in different Benchmarks. Also no need for BIOS Update.
    For me was 388.71 also smoother. Rocket League was prefectly smooth, now with 390.65 there are random Framedrops.