Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    Love these, still! Me and my brother still play coop against the AI in BF '42, SW, and BFV. GREAT games. Very fun to play...dated graphics and all.

2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    i've no shame saying that i have more fun playing bf4 from time to time , than playing BF1. Aside from having fun with automatic rifle while playing medic that gives me some Medal of Honor: Allied Assault vibes, i just get bored with most weapons.
    Best thing about BF1 is its advanced vaulting system. Wish we could have a modern BF with such mechanics. Also i'm not a big fan of the "sliding while crouch/running".

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Honestly, I'd prefer the setting over anything "current time" since BF3/4 already catered to those modern warfare scenarios (heatseaker missiles / countermeasures and FLIR... cancer).
    Then again, I'm not sure I'll even get Battlefield this time around, I barely played BF1... not sure it's worth the money anymore either, especially if they are planning on putting more weight on that lootbox system (which was only for show and cosmetical stuff in BF1, who knows what they come up with at EA).

Solfaur likes this.
  4. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SC
    I share your feels man. The first moment I played BF1 it just didn't click for me. I've tried getting into it multiple times but it's just meh. BF4 was and still is a lot more entertaining imo. But yeah that vaulting system in BF1 is divine, BF4 could definitely use something like that. For a second WW BF, mehh I've got little interest in BF nowadays, lost most after BF1. If the new one somehow manages to match BF4 in customization and it ends up coming out with no lootbox mechanics maybe then I might get interested.

XenthorX likes this.

5. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Ahhh I think I know what you are talking about now, and yes, I agree, those things are annoying. They should be taken out, so that players aren't just camping in one spot, and taking cheap shots at other, more experienced, players. Let's hope they have a BC3 that is more similar BC2 with a timeline that isn't set in stone age. Fingers crossed!

Solfaur likes this.
  6. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    I am totally with you on that. Societies do need to get reminded about WW1 and WW2 (especially with what's going on in the states), but I was more so talking about multiplayer. They can keep the accuracy and timeline for the single player, and get creative with multiplayer.

bahahahha yeah, it sucked, except for that part where we get to see how strong superman is (Hint: Slow-mo; can't say more, otherwise, I will spoil it for those who haven't seen it).

I go to Bf4 too every now and then, but the less frequency is because it hasn't aged well, otherwise, I would be playing it more often.

7. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Agreed with the whole lootbox bullsh*t, it got to me within a day. I really dislike lootboxes. If I paid full price for a game, I expect to get a full ROI, not so I can buy a game to pay for lootboxes. That's what is killing Destiny 2 as well (for me at least); I liked it when I knew what a boss or an enemy was going to drop rather than getting some box that could drop anything (in my case, same exotic about 20 times at this point).

I feel you on just about everything. The vaulting system IS indeed amazing in BF1, I am hoping they carry this over to the next one. And yes, I am very reserved about games with lootboxes now, they %100 ruin the experience, no doubt about it. They should leave lootboxes in F2P game where it makes absolute sense, not in a game that we have to buy outright.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    what do u mean it hasnt aged well?

9. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I think WW2 makes sense. As someone pointed out many assets can be recycled (trees, some builds and blocks, textures, meshes and so on) without being outdated, and timeline wise it also makes sense. It means they can release a game this year, and spend more time on the next game without quite so much time pressure and the no income risk that comes from not releasing a game on a yearly cycle.

10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Dice's (Sweden) next game is BFWW2, the next Bf game after that will be BFBC3 and coming from Dice Los Angeles. I dont think Dice Sweden is already planning for next game after BFWW2.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018

11. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yeah I can almost guarantee you the next game after the WW2 and BFBC3 will be another Star Wars, probably Battlefront 3 :D...

12. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Yeah, its possible. I didnt want to say or predict this with a post, hehe.

13. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Of one thing I'm certain, it will have microtransactions. *puts away his Captain Obvious costume* :D

Solfaur likes this.
  14. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    If we are still talking about BF WW2, no it wont. It will have the same boxes as BF1 and BF3/4, with goodies. Will it have the same "Shortcuts" the last BF titles had? Foe sure, yes.

But you wont have advantages like you have in Battlefront 2.

15. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    No, I mean the one you didn't want to predict as SW:BF3 :D
    BF3/4 did not have loot crates / boxes, just "shortcut kits" to buy for weapon unlocks. Or did I miss those during the 2500 hours of playtime across 3 and 4?

After your edit, yeah I understand now. I'm not against shortcut bundles, although I too think it's taking the easy route, following the dark side... :D

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    You got attachments with BF3/4 ;) In battlepacks, which you can buy, so.. :D

fantaskarsef likes this.
  17. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Dammit, you are right! I completely forgot! :oops:

18. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Proof?

19. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/battlefield-bad-company-3.418402/

Theres no "real proof" until its announced obviously. Common sense and past..

If you havent notcied the thread, the guys "informant" is the same as BF1 leaked infos back then, months ahead of announcement. Plus westie and others made videos to clear things up and at the end all of them agreed on the same thing. Dice Sweden next BF WW2 2018 and Dice LA 2019 BFBC3.

I think all the infos are pretty valid.

20. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Oh, it means the game's graphics look outdated compare to the recent games; it looks like crap.